Haze : The official game thread

this is the assassins creed syndrome, except maybe they'll actually release this one before the other versions are done. ;)

Halo 3 and COD4 will dominate 360 FPS sales this year.

COD4 and UT3 will dominate PC FPS sales this year.

But COD4 and UT3 will not dominate PS3 sales this year? Yeah, right.
Even if that's the case, why do you assume Ubisoft has a crystal ball?
For all they know, COD4 and UT3 will sell enough to be a problem in a console space with smallest userbase.

I do agree however, the lack of confirmation of the PC & 360 Haze is purely playing to exclusivity hype.

Hum… COD4 and UT3 are not the same type of FPS than Haze…
Haze are more close to Crysis or Far Cry2(by univers, story,etc…) so Haze for PC it's not rely intersting for the moment…
Haze on 360… may be in June 2008 if this planning period will be quiet…

Haze are more close to Crysis or Far Cry2(by univers, story,etc…) so Haze for PC it's not rely intersting for the moment…
Haze on 360… may be in June 2008 if this planning period will be quiet…

thats what im saying!

How can Haze possibly compete this fall\holiday with something like crysis on the PC market (or far cry 2)

On the PS3?
As of now only big games on PS3 are Resistance and Motorstorm. Since you don;t know PS3 demographics, you can't tell if a new to PS3 title would sell, even if it was largely successful on other platforms, like H-L2 or Metal Gear Solid. Assumption that PS3 is mostly owned by hardcore PS2 fans might right, but might wrong, too. Surely Valve&EA aren't hyping the game like Microsft does with Halo 3 and most of its fanbase is on PC, but right now you can't tell how would it sell on each platform. Speaking of hype, I didn't notice Sony & Ubi hyping Haze much either.

Can you read?
If you can, you should have noticed I used conjunction for a reason.
As for UT3. What makes you think this traditionally PC based, online shooter, will be a big hit on PS3? Not say it can't happen, but what reason is there to think it will?

Weren't Quake 4 and CoD2 well received on 360, or Doom 3 on Xbox?
If CoD4 can make it why cannot UT3? There hasn't been any successful CoD on PS3.
And unlike others UT3 will offer almost exactly the same experience on PS3.
Not that I'm saying any of those will do great, but what reason is there to think UT3 won't?
I, for one, am interested in PS3 UT3 because I liked the PC UT a lot, and trying to avoid the burden of PC gaming as much as possible. Console games just work, and my online experience has been nothing but great on PS3, certainly better than PC online despite people saying 64-players matches etc.

I think the title of this thread needs changing. It would appear that the 360 and PC versions have been canned and it has become a PS3 exclusive.

Maybe Sony have started playing the MS game and are shelling out cash for exclusives, at last.

As of now only big games on PS3 are Resistance and Motorstorm. Since you don;t know PS3 demographics, you can't tell if a new to PS3 title would sell, even if it was largely successful on other platforms, like H-L2 or Metal Gear Solid. Assumption that PS3 is mostly owned by hardcore PS2 fans might right, but might wrong, too. Surely Valve&EA aren't hyping the game like Microsft does with Halo 3 and most of its fanbase is on PC, but right now you can't tell how would it sell on each platform. Speaking of hype, I didn't notice Sony & Ubi hyping Haze much either.

Right, so it's not a proven franchise then is it?

Like Halo is proven on 360 to be huge, and UT/Half Life is proven on PC to be huge?

I'm not sure what's so difficult for you guys to understand here. PS3 is definately the platform where a FPS based on a new IP has *by far* the best chance of reaching critical and commercial success this holiday.

The easy answer is that the PS3 was the lead platform and they want to see how well the game does before they go porting it around.

Unless that has already been debunked I'll stick to it.

The easy answer is that the PS3 was the lead platform and they want to see how well the game does before they go porting it around.

Unless that has already been debunked I'll stick to it.

Which doesn't answer the question "Why was PS3 chosen as the lead platform in the first place? Despite having a lower install base?"...follow that logic to it's end and you'll probably arrive at my conclusion as well ;)

Which doesn't answer the question "Why was PS3 chosen as the lead platform in the first place? Despite having a lower install base?"...follow that logic to it's end and you'll probably arrive at my conclusion as well ;)

Why of course because of the infinite power of the Cell and unlimited storage of the Bluray. ;)

I think the title of this thread needs changing. It would appear that the 360 and PC versions have been canned and it has become a PS3 exclusive.
Is this post a joke?
I'm not sure what's so difficult for you guys to understand here. PS3 is definately the platform where a FPS based on a new IP has *by far* the best chance of reaching critical and commercial success this holiday.
It would by far have the best chance to be commercial success being multiplatform. With PS3 tiny userbase that grows at slow pace risking no 3rd publisher would risk making an exclusive on that platform as of Fall 2007... unless Sony made a *very* lucrative proposition (and it's known that it was Sony's initiative to make it exclusive).

Anyway, ignoring game's platform status, there's a short discussion about the game in new 1up show. Editors have mixed feelings about tha game, but I guess someone could have the same feelings if he(she) saw only a small portion of Second Sight yet it was an excellent game.

It would by far have the best chance to be commercial success being multiplatform. With PS3 tiny userbase that grows at slow pace risking no 3rd publisher would risk making an exclusive on that platform as of Fall 2007... unless Sony made a *very* lucrative proposition (and it's known that it was Sony's initiative to make it exclusive).

Perhaps, but only if it's a truly remarkable game that would be able to stand out on it's own.

If it's less than stellar, then it would only get lost in the shuffle, and they would waste the first 2weeks of sales on both 360 and PC which are normally the most lucrative for a game.

By makng it a PS3 exclusive, they can garner extra attention due to it being exclusive, and reap the benefits of holiday sales, without risk of being overshadowed by several other titles.

Then, in the spring they will release on 360 and PC and garner whatever sales they can when there's less competition.

Really a sound strategy. I'm not sure why so many of you are acting as if I'm making dig at PS3 or something...i'm not.

Back