Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Thanks for the links! Looks pretty good, all of them. The 60fps is really looking nice imo. I wonder why they are keeping the footage so tightly under wraps?

Thanks for the links! Looks pretty good, all of them. The 60fps is really looking nice imo. I wonder why they are keeping the footage so tightly under wraps?

They claim it's so that people don't spoil the peecha chakka no wookie boonowa tweepi solo.

I'm wondering too as these are mostly corridor levels, Silent Cartographer being an exception of sorts. Haven't seen a vid yet of the last part of the green level in H4 though. Pretty action heavy. Should be a pretty neat analysis (if there's time) to see how 60fps holds up. :)

A couple of things I'm personally looking forward to:

*Assault on the Control Room

*Scarab fight in Halo 3

:cool:

Blur replaced the (Legendary Gravemind ) Jason Jones easter egg in H2 with Hamish Beamish (from the Forward Unto Dawn film, a.k.a. Frank O'Connor as the custodian):
(Thanks gaf)
Halo-2-Anniversary-Frankie-2.png

I am certain this and the 349,- pricedrop in the US are going to sell some XOs ... First time where I genuinely feel the XO has a chance to win NPD month. Anyway, the bundle looks great. I am an ever increasing fan of native, 60fps.

:cool:

Blur replaced the (Legendary Gravemind ) Jason Jones easter egg in H2 with Hamish Beamish (from the Forward Unto Dawn film, a.k.a. Frank O'Connor as the custodian):
(Thanks gaf)
Halo-2-Anniversary-Frankie-2.png
He looks like the ghost in the machine (is him human soul or mind?) :smile:.

I am certain this and the 349,- pricedrop in the US are going to sell some XOs ... First time where I genuinely feel the XO has a chance to win NPD month. Anyway, the bundle looks great. I am an ever increasing fan of native, 60fps.
:smile: For someone whose first game on their first console was a Halo game (Halo 2), this is a dream come true. I mean, Halo at 60 fps is just so awesome.

4 games in 1, 60 fps, the charm of classic graphics with updated touches here and there -now you can appreciate the work of "classic" developers more and do them justice-

Even my extremely casual friends liked Halo 2 back in the day, for instance. Some features were a game changer.

Yep. I just watched the "making of H2A" video. "Looks weird" is exactly the first thought that came to my mind.
I think the same, I quite prefer Halo 4's Cortana, face style.

Ah, I kinda like the new title of the thread. It opens up the possibility to start anew with a dedicated thread of Halo 5 or continuing here, but choices are good.

Digital Foundry: Hands-on with Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Article up on Eurogamer. Summary, which confirms reports elsewhere:

The campaigns are final, the Multiplayer still being worked on - 20Gb day patch imminent.

Halo CE (port by Saber)
  • Game can’t sustain 60fps - looks close most of the time.
  • Internal game mechanics are 30hz, “such as vehicles in the opening cut-scene, for instance - updating at a different rate to the renderer, resulting in obvious judder.
Halo 2 (Port by Saber)
  • Journalists are only allowed to report on ‘The Gravemind’ stage.
  • 1328x1080 frame buffer but two (old and new) age engines running all the time.
  • New CG rendered for cutscenes.
  • 30hz issues fixed.
Halo 3 and Halo 4 (ports by Ruffian Games)
  • 1080p 60fps port - little “remastering”
Great value, I'll definitely be grabbing this when I get a One :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, the MCC is already on my Bone's hard drive.

Man, I can't believe it's been so long since back in late 2001 when I was showing Halo to a coworker. We were driving around in a Warthog on Silent Cartographer, just in absolute awe of the game. Never really seen anything like it on consoles before that. Blown. A. Way.

Oh yeah, the MCC is already on my Bone's hard drive.

Man, I can't believe it's been so long since back in late 2001 when I was showing Halo to a coworker. We were driving around in a Warthog on Silent Cartographer, just in absolute awe of the game. Never really seen anything like it on consoles before that. Blown. A. Way.

Making it hard for me to hold off for a perfect Bundle.
I want a Kinect+MCC+1TB HDD bundle for $399. Substitute FH2 for MCC and I'd get that as well.

I might pay $450.

Making it hard for me to hold off for a perfect Bundle.
I want a Kinect+MCC+1TB HDD bundle for $399. Substitute FH2 for MCC and I'd get that as well.

I might pay $450.

Would you like a massage with that too?

That is definitely not until next year type pricing, but I do expect them for holiday 2015 to be at $299 wo Kinect and $399 with. So be prepared to wait. Not sure you'd get MCC bundle then though, as Halo 5, Forza Motorsport 6, Crackdown, etc. will all be hitting. They might have a Quantum Break bundle and some others for 3rd party. But by then MCC should be in the $30 range and or maybe be on Games w/ Gold.

I might pay $450.

If they threw a 1Tb HDD in, I'd definitely take an Xbox One Halo MCC bundle for £349 11 November.

The HDD size is really the biggest sticking point for me.

Looking at the DF videos, it feels like the shield effect on the Knights is a bit more pronounced and you can immediately see if they're having one or not. This was a major gameplay concern back at the original release, although maybe it was fixed already in a previous patch?

hahahahhahahahahah, OMG! I gotta admit it. I am crying, with laughter.

In addition to the massage, why not adding to the pack a lovely lady fanning the sir? :smile: Dreaming is free tho.

NRP, wish I could live those Halo 1 times, it all began with Halo 2 for me, but I've explained that several times already.

Certainly wouldn't turn it down.
I'm going to pick the One up, just a matter of finding the right bundle. I definitely want Kinect packed in and larger HDD.

It's getting harder to wait because I want my Halo and Killer Instinct fix. Not 100% sure about FH2, Sunset, DR3 and Ryse although I can probably get the last 2 fairly cheaply used.

For those who don't have a Xbox One or a Xbox 360, or can't watch the brand new Halo 2 Anniversary Remaking the Legend documentary fully on them for whatever reason, it has been uploaded in full to Youtube. :smile:

There are some new and interesting things most people didn't know about the game in it. It can be seen here:

Yes it is awesome. I downloaded the HD version free as part of being a Gold subscriber.
Looking forward to watching it again.

Back