Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Personally, I wish they'd shit can the whole "old graphics-new graphics" switching ability. You only look at it once or twice, decide the old graphics really do look terrible, then never switch back again. Seems like a lot of work for almost no gain.

I will agree with this, add that since it is only 1 out of the 4 games included on the disc I will probably forget to even play with it. I only did it a few times on Halo CE, just enough to go "wow, I don't remember it looking like that."

Halo 4 does look good at 1080p though, can't wait to see what they manage to do with 5.

I downloaded TMCC at 4:40PM. It is now 8:19PM and I'm at 52%.

Almost there. :yes:

I submitted the preorder around 1:50pm and the install is around 48%, so nearly an hour into it (2:46pm now). The bandwidth usage range built into the Xbox One Network Settings shows 5GB @ 1-2pm, and 20GB @ 2-3pm, and current usage at 7.51 MB/s.

I submitted the preorder around 1:50pm and the install is around 48%, so nearly an hour into it (2:46pm now). The bandwidth usage range built into the Xbox One Network Settings shows 5GB @ 1-2pm, and 20GB @ 2-3pm, and current usage at 7.51 MB/s.

Jesus christ lol. My down speed caps out at around 1.8 - 2.0 MB/s :oops:.

The download finally finished around 11:50PM. It took more than 7 hours to complete! Oh well, at least the damn thing finished so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Now I have to wait for 343 to drop that massive 20GB patch. Which I hope they do soon.

Remember to have auto-update games enabled so it will download the updates and additional content when they're available.

I found out my cable provider just upgraded their internet tiers, so this tier is now 100 mbit/sec (120 mbit/sec with powerboost). The top tier is now 150mbit/sec.

I don't know exactly when the download finished as I got in some rounds of TitanFall and not certain if that stopped or throttled the download. Here's the summary of usage according to network usage:

1-2pm 4.96 GB
2-3pm 20.87 GB
3-4pm 22.62 GB
4-5pm 3.86 GB
5-6pm 116 MB

Wow you have Godernet lol! I used to never pull host in Halo :(. I think recently Time Warner upgraded their tiers also by 10%. Used to average 10 mbps down and something like 0.95 up. Now it goes up to 16 down and 1.12 up. Not bad I guess. Gets the job done.

Also, thanks for the heads up about auto-updates. Almost forgot to do that! Hope to see you and the Beyond3D bros online! :D

Also without getting too OT, I bought me a new gaming headset for TMCC! Got the HyperX Cloud gaming headset. Read and watched a bunch of reviews and most of them gave positive reception. That and it was only $69.99 on Amazon which nailed it for me. If anyone has this headset, please let me know if they're as good as they say it is. I think I made the right choice. :oops: :smile:

God I miss Halo 1, such an utterly fantastic game in every respect. I've made many far better screens of Halo CE though... they could do better with the promotion :)

And of course how can anyone forget the fantastic MP... after play Destiny multiplayer for a bit it just makes me miss the Halo multiplayer. Destiny lacks so many things that even the first Halo MP game had....

Customizable modes, level select (I know, amazing), weapon sets, and vehicles that are actually interesting and fun to drive. And something Destiny does incredibly poorly that does not at all match what I expected from Bungie: balanced multiplayer.

There are so many exploitative weapons and abilities in Destiny (see: auto-rifles which are the most overpowered weapons in the game at all ranges) that it just makes me miss the simplicity of Halo multiplayer. Every has the same starting equipment, everyone has the same opportunities to control the map, everyone starts off with equal grenades.

Destiny is an incredible step back from the Halo series in terms of player-driven multiplayer and that is a shame.

As much as I love Halo too, I love Destiny more. It just hooks me and drags me along, I can't help it. Good or bad, frustrating or awesome, I can't stop playing it.

I also still play HALO CE on PC, BTW. Along with Doom3 : 2 games that never get old for me !
This HALO Collection, if it also had Reach, would have made me weak in the knees. If only, someday, this would come to PC......or a PS4(never, I know)....I would buy it day 1 !

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloads continue while you play, they're just throttled. My downloads are typically 4MB/s on 802.11n@5Ghz. Glad the Xbox One has built-in dual bands this time.

There is also a documentary on the way for the Halo 2 portion of MCC.

Same here, I have a rather so so 6MB connection but I ended up downloading the game in less than 24 hours.

That documentary... brings me memories. The excitement when I bought my first console, a Xbox Crystal and Halo 2 was bundled... is forever pasted into the album of my memory.

And the game was actually difficult on higher difficulty levels. It kept you on the edge.

I never got past the Hangar on Legendary difficulty level, so I had to decrease it to Hard and then when I got past it, increase it again to Legendary. :cool:

So, technically I've never ever completed Halo 2 on Legendary difficulty level. I completed it fully in every single difficulty level except that one.

I wish to accomplish that in the near future --60 fps baby. :eek:

In fact, I played the original Halo later, and I began the game on Legendary difficulty, iirc.

It was soooo easy compared to Halo 2, that I've beaten the game and it felt to me like Legendary on Halo 1 was like Hard on Halo 2, and since I was so used to Halo 2, I hadn't had trouble completing Halo 1 on Legendary. :smile2:

It's is just a rumour but they say that Halo 3 could have a new level in the Halo The Master Chief Collection, which was cut in the original Halo 3 and featured a so called guardian as a boss. (more info in the link below)

halomasterchiefcollction.jpg

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/will-extra-mission-halo-3-xbox-one/

oh you mean The Guardian that killed us when exploring the map or The Guardian in Destiny? :D (destiny was in halo right?)

oh you mean The Guardian that killed us when exploring the map or The Guardian in Destiny? :D (destiny was in halo right?)
Is Destiny the name of a map or a ship or whatever?

New Halo 2: Remaking the Legend video.

I really like this picture.

Halo_Master_Chief_Collection_Halo_2_lead_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive new Halo 2 Anniversary Cinematic Trailer. They also have 3 side-by-side comparison videos.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/29/halo-2-trailer-exclusive-comparisons/

Blur done some great work!

Tommy McClain
The cinematics look so crazy good, they are out of this world. The sound is also top notch. I think I am going to involuntarily let a couple of tears drop when I play Halo 2 again. :cry: :cry:

This is the new Halo 2 Anniversary trailer on Youtube. :oops::oops::oops::oops: A-WE-SO-ME.

Kinda looks like they removed the green/brown filter since the original unveil. It's brighter at least.

Kinda looks like they removed the green/brown filter since the original unveil. It's brighter at least.
I don't remember, I can't recall because I tried not to keep track of Halo TMCC footage that much tbh, I'd reather not see too much of the game before being released so I enjoy it in its full glory at release date. I watch certain videos and so on, but only where they don't show things that makes you remind of certain areas of the game, I prefer to relive and enjoy that again on my own.

This is a interview on the Halo 2 memories of an ex-Bungie developer, lead designer of the legendary Halo 2 multiplayer, who left Bungie 9 months before Halo 3 was released. A very interesting interview --recorded today. :smile2:

Back