Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Something like Halo 2?

Possibly, but one of the things most people disliked about Halo 2 was the break in the story where you couldn't play as Master Chief. You had to play as the Arbiter. So it felt like you only played half the game as Master Chief.

Maybe it's more like the co-op campaign game in Halo 3? Now I would love that. In Halo 3 you could play up to 4 people co-op with each person playing a different character(only 1 person is Master Chief). Maybe when playing co-op your choice of character determine's your campaign? Maybe both characters have some missions together, but also have some apart, but working together for a common goal at the same time? With this method you could play the whole game as Master Chief without having to play as the other character, but once you're done with Master Chief's campaign you could go back & play it a second time as the other character? That would be neat.

As for Halo 2, maybe they are going back & adding online co-cop campaign. The original only had split-screen co-op. And Halo 2 PC didn't support either.

BTW, my theory on the new character? Either a clone of John 117 or the original John. ;) That's my idea without having finished Halo 4 yet. Guess I will go back & finish it now.

Tommy McClain

Possibly, but one of the things most people disliked about Halo 2 was the break in the story where you couldn't play as Master Chief. You had to play as the Arbiter. So it felt like you only played half the game as Master Chief.

Maybe it's more like the co-op campaign game in Halo 3? Now I would love that. In Halo 3 you could play up to 4 people co-op with each person playing a different character(only 1 person is Master Chief). Maybe when playing co-op your choice of character determine's your campaign? Maybe both characters have some missions together, but also have some apart, but working together for a common goal at the same time? With this method you could play the whole game as Master Chief without having to play as the other character, but once you're done with Master Chief's campaign you could go back & play it a second time as the other character? That would be neat.

As for Halo 2, maybe they are going back & adding online co-cop campaign. The original only had split-screen co-op. And Halo 2 PC didn't support either.

BTW, my theory on the new character? Either a clone of John 117 or the original John. That's my idea without having finished Halo 4 yet. Guess I will go back & finish it now.

Tommy McClain
If it isn't just Halo 2 but the entire classic Halo games collection what they are going to release, can you imagine playing all those games online as they were back in the day but in an unified experience, Tommy? That'd be awesome.

We are back to where it all began. After the rumoured remastered version of Halo, Gameinformer wrote an article about the history of the series featuring a chronological retrospective look to the Halo games.

More info and screenshots in the article.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ok-back-at-the-halo-series-retrospective.aspx

chief1-525-610.jpg

halo1.jpg

halo2.jpg

haloreach.jpg

halo4.jpg

halo5character.jpg

Damn, Halo 1 was a long time ago. Not to mention the original Macworld presentation with Jobs.
I feel old now.

Damn, Halo 1 was a long time ago. Not to mention the original Macworld presentation with Jobs.
I feel old now.

Even worse, I actually remember where I was when this happened, mostly because I was glued to all the outlets we had back then for coverage. LOL

I feel old now.
Halo 1 launched ten years after the Cold War ended*. It's been almost thirteen years since Halo 1 came out.

Yep.

*Other options: eleven years after SNES, eight years after Doom, etc...

If it isn't just Halo 2 but the entire classic Halo games collection what they are going to release, can you imagine playing all those games online as they were back in the day but in an unified experience, Tommy? That'd be awesome.

I initially thought it would be awesome, but then I remembered that when Halo CE Anniversary came out I didn't get it(and still haven't). I had already played it before. Just having newer graphics wasn't enough since I don't generally play multiplayer. If there is more story to it, then I definitely would be interested more.

We are back to where it all began. After the rumoured remastered version of Halo, Gameinformer wrote an article about the history of the series featuring a chronological retrospective look to the Halo games.

More info and screenshots in the article.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ok-back-at-the-halo-series-retrospective.aspx

Neat article. Definitely brings back memories. Thanks!

Tommy McClain

I'd be more interested in a Halo:FireFight edition that included H:ODST and H:Reach with all Firefight gameplay and maps.

I'd be more interested in a Halo:FireFight edition that included H:ODST and H:Reach with all Firefight gameplay and maps.

Might have to wait for the Halo 3 or ODST Anniversary for that. But then again, over 100 multiplayer maps across 4 games might keep you busy in the meantime.

Tommy McClain

Heh, I've been too slow :) looks like Axis did a full CGI update on the cinematics. Halo 2 was probably the best from the start, this is going to be utterly amazing...

No doubt that I'll be picking an X1, this game, Killer Instinct, DR3 and maybe Ryse as my first next gen console around September.

Halo reboot looks very tasty. But after playing through Halo CE and 2 on XBox and then again on PC, I'm not sure if I really have the stomach for a 3rd time. Nice to have the option though.

Back