Halo day! (Halo 3 new pic, open beta and teaser info)

new pic from the CG trailer coming next Monday for MNF, using in game assets

1164911684.jpg

hi res here:
http://www.havamedia.net/CGR/8/M/HAVAContent/Images/16000/16530.jpg

That pic is QUITE amazing. Xbox 720 here we come! I was also amazed that there is a hi-res version as that looks very high res in and of itself! Thanks!

Ummm, I think the announcement of that trailer said something along the lines of "we gave them in-game assets and they spiced them up a bit", so these should not be considered in-game assets.

Yeah really, its getting annoying with all these CG trailers using "in-game" assets. A lot of people are going to be disappointed come release.

I'm a little surprised by this. They said something along the lines of: 'when you see it there will be no doubt it's not in-game footage'.

This shot could still fool 90% of the market.

Can't wait for the whole thing to see what they meant with that statement...

I'm a little surprised by this. They said something along the lines of: 'when you see it there will be no doubt it's not in-game footage'.

This shot could still fool 90% of the market.

Can't wait for the whole thing to see what they meant with that statement...

:?:

Where did "they" say that? This is all that Bungie said:

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=halo3ad
The image below isn't from Halo 3 gameplay folks, it's from the upcoming TV ad - scheduled to run this Monday, 4th of December, during Monday Night Football on ESPN. The CG was created by Hollywood FX house, Digital Domain, using assets supplied by Bungie. We're very excited about the way they've managed to capture the Chief and other elements and clues from the Halo universe. What are those? You'll have to tune in to find out.
An HD 720p version will be made available on Xbox Live Marketplace soon after for those folks with no access to cable TV. The music is by Marty O'Donnell and believe us, it's worth checking out. Tune in soon when we'll talk to the fellows at Digital Domain about what it took to put this together.

What is the add advertising?

Well this is news to me, but read the IGN link, apparently we can expect a Halo 3 Beta in spring, and users can sign up for it starting Dec 4:

On December 4, the millions of hopefuls in North America and Europe can go to halo3.com to sign up for the beta. You thought the Internet hit a crawl as consumers tried frantically to purchase a PS3? This could be worse. If you don't get it, again, don't fret. There will be other ways to get in on the beta, which we'll learn about before the spring '07 launch.

I guess not a bad holiday advertising gimmick. Forza 2 was delayed, as well as Crackdown and a couple major 3rd party titles (like BIA3), so using some of the advertising budget to push Halo, their biggest franchise, for a chance for FREE play in Spring is ok I guess. Not sure it is worth a commercial, seeing as Spring is a while away. But I guess mind share and reminding people, "HALO IS COMING! HALO IS COMING" has its merits.

I guess not a bad holiday advertising gimmick. Forza 2 was delayed, as well as Crackdown and a couple major 3rd party titles (like BIA3), so using some of the advertising budget to push Halo, their biggest franchise, for a chance for FREE play in Spring is ok I guess. Not sure it is worth a commercial, seeing as Spring is a while away. But I guess mind share and reminding people, "HALO IS COMING! HALO IS COMING" has its merits.

I think it's just that, to remind people halo 3 is coming. Also Bungie said that it's not especially about halo 3 but about the halo universe in general. It will also remind people, hey there's also halo wars coming, peter jackson's halo games coming, maybe the movie as well. ;)

Heh, coincidentally I've just blogged something like, 'It's certainly more impressive and also costs more than displaying a large "BUY AN X360 INSTEAD" phrase, but the point is the same' :)

Interesting note is that they say the commercial will be shown only once , Dec 4. I find it odd that they would go through the trouble to make a 60 second spot to air only once on TV. Maybe MS is counting on YouTube's viral nature to get people online seeking it out once theyve found that they 'missed it for good'?

hm... that's odd. They should show it in theatres. :D

(besides making it available over XBLM and on the internet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw the ad.

4th "grenade" type (8 grenades total)? Or created solely for the advertisement? Something like a mobile version of that shield door that you could possibly hide behind and peek out of for maybe an 8 second period or something like that.

Back