Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

If I catch you guys playing when I jump online I'll jump in. Honestly, there's been nothing better than having drop in and out coop. It's saved us so many headaches of needing to coordinate between dads. Lol.
My kids crying. Be right back. Quit. 30minUtes later, back in game.

So good n

If I catch you guys playing when I jump online I'll jump in. Honestly, there's been nothing better than having drop in and out coop. It's saved us so many headaches of needing to coordinate between dads. Lol.
My kids crying. Be right back. Quit. 30minUtes later, back in game.

So good n

Cool.

Come to think of it, it would be pretty cool if Xbox Live allowed you to send event invites to help schedule get play sessions similar to Facebook. I think it would be something that wouldn't be too hard to implement and going a step further have the system automatically covert it to your local time zone.

Got an official survey from Microsoft on Halo 5. Would share the link, but it's a one time use thing. They asked a LOT of questions about how much you liked the game & specific things like if Halo MCC affected your choice on getting Halo 5. Talked a lot about the multiplayer parts, REQ packs, eSports, 60fps, campaign(whether it was confusing & required too much knowledge from past games, etc). Even asked if split-screen was important or not. It also asked if what you would want to see in future games & gave you a lot time & space to write what you wanted. I was pretty honest with what I liked & disliked. Hopefully it helps make a better game. I would check your email to see if you got the same email. Well worth spending 20+ filling it out.

Tommy McClain

Big Team Battle is released.
It's a 6GB patch so be prepared to wait a while to play.

I started mine, took a nap and it was done.

Damn! I can't get online in any game as I keep getting the "We couldn't get your last saved data" message. Then it gives me a choice to either try again or Use offline.

Weird as Twitch and Youtube gives me the same error, but will let me watch vids/streams and my friends list is showing. I did the hard reset and unplugged the console for over 30 seconds with no luck. Anyone have a suggestion for what else to try? The interwebs doesn't seem to have a good solution.

Edit: Can't even play offline as I get stuck in the connecting to Lobby on the campaign. WTF!
Edit 2:NVM that was for co-op. I still can't get on MP though and Xbox Live status is green. Oh well, I'll try tomorrow and hope that is borked on their end and not my console locally.

Last edited:
Appurrently a purrview purrgram issue?

I don't know. My system was last updated yesterday and I don't remember seeming to have an issue. I guess it could've updated overnight.

I'll see if it persists tomorrow, but it seems to show on every app even though I can clearly go online to watch vids. I'm watching Netflix now, but had to select Use offline (weird) to watch.

Also, back OT, if you die while playing Halo campaign solo, it kicks you back to the home screen. When I went back in, it now says I do not have any solo saves. Very irritating

I think there were some xbox live server issues earlier, despite the green status. Some were reporting not seeing anyone online and also seeing their account having 0 gamer score. The online forums were not able to load gamertag pictures, stats, and anything related to a user's information on the posts.

Some reported having to do the following to get things going:
1. Go Offline -- Settings / All Settings / Network / Network Settings / Go Offline.
2. Restart -- Settings/ Restart Console
3. Go Online -- Settings / All Settings / Network / Network Settings / Go Online.

I hadn't had a chance to attempt playing online, but when I started up the console the H5 Update was already downloaded and installed. I saw BTB available in the Arena menu, but have not tried to play a match.

I think there were some xbox live server issues earlier, despite the green status. Some were reporting not seeing anyone online and also seeing their account having 0 gamer score. The online forums were not able to load gamertag pictures, stats, and anything related to a user's information on the posts.

Some reported having to do the following to get things going:
1. Go Offline -- Settings / All Settings / Network / Network Settings / Go Offline.
2. Restart -- Settings/ Restart Console
3. Go Online -- Settings / All Settings / Network / Network Settings / Go Online.

I hadn't had a chance to attempt playing online, but when I started up the console the H5 Update was already downloaded and installed. I saw BTB available in the Arena menu, but have not tried to play a match.

Thanks.

I was just about to post the fix you have above as I saw it on another forum. I am back on with Halo co-op legendary as I'm too tired to go MP for now.

I'll have to check BTB out tomorrow.

Played some big team. It suits my play style more, and I'm getting the hang of twitch aiming again. One thing ... fuck are the big team maps ugly. They look like halo 3. I mean, everything about them is ugly. The textures, the aliasing, the crummy shadows. They just look worse than any other mode in the game.

I enjoyed the campaign. The story is a bit meh and I was there were more MC bits but overall the gameplay was quite fun. Often decent sized battles with multiple options for engagement. Felt a lot more open than Halo 4 from memory.

I felt the vehicle sections were a bit cramped. Nothing will beat the warthog escape of Halo 3 though.

Played some big team. It suits my play style more, and I'm getting the hang of twitch aiming again. One thing ... fuck are the big team maps ugly. They look like halo 3. I mean, everything about them is ugly. The textures, the aliasing, the crummy shadows. They just look worse than any other mode in the game.
They're forge maps, lol.

So all forge maps are gonna look like shit? The textures for the ground look like a console game from 2005.

No. This were done by the a group of Forge makers that MS invited. The MS made maps will look better,

BTW, good times playing some Breakout and Arena SWAT with iroboto tonight.

So all forge maps are gonna look like shit?
Compared with compiled maps, obviously they're going to be less impressive.

The textures for the ground look like a console game from 2005.
That's mostly due to 343i's unfortunate focus on macrodetails. Look up close and they mostly have decent detail textures, but what sticks out is the blotch.

No. This were done by the a group of Forge makers that MS invited. The MS made maps will look better,

BTW, good times playing some Breakout and Arena SWAT with iroboto tonight.
good times! 10/10 would do again!
You're on EST right? I think most times we're on at about 10+ish, since zman lives in Utah, he's behind 2 hours.

good times! 10/10 would do again!
You're on EST right? I think most times we're on at about 10+ish, since zman lives in Utah, he's behind 2 hours.

I'm on that weird part of Florida that is on Central Standard time. It was a lot of fun...hopefully we can get more B3Ders in there for some BTB as well. Breakout and Arena is really fun too.

I'm on that weird part of Florida that is on Central Standard time. It was a lot of fun...hopefully we can get more B3Ders in there for some BTB as well. Breakout and Arena is really fun too.
agreed!

Lets go Spartan Company Rough Riders!

Back