Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

lol. It will eventually find it's way to your Netflix in a couple years time. Having said that, I did get that edition of Halo.

I'm also going to get that limited edition for the steel case and the Guardian model as well as the Fall of Reach anime. Seems to be a good bargain for the extra $30.

th

It's done by the same studio that did the Terminal movies.

IMHO the animation is kinda bad...

I'm also going to get that limited edition for the steel case and the Guardian model as well as the Fall of Reach anime. Seems to be a good bargain for the extra $30.

th
Shoot, the digital deluxe does _not_ come with that..

Shoot, the digital deluxe does _not_ come with that..

Yeah, we dont even get a _digital_ version of that. Lets face it, the other perk of the equipment loadouts will be worthless anyways so it comes donw to $30 for the Anime and none of the other perks. :(

Sure wish they could send us the physical perk of steelbox case and model but with digital download code.

Yeah, we dont even get a _digital_ version of that. Lets face it, the other perk of the equipment loadouts will be worthless anyways so it comes donw to $30 for the Anime and none of the other perks. :(

Sure wish they could send us the physical perk of steelbox case and model but with digital download code.
Apparently this can be arranged but I was too lazy to read up on how to do it. Edit: Nope.

Limiter Collecotrs Edition comes with a digital code that you can trade in for a physical copy. Not the reverse.

Last edited:
Apparently this can be arranged but I was too lazy to read up on how to do it.

Spend $250 for the Limited Collectors edition, seems to be all I can easily find.

The Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition comes with everything listed in the Limited Edition, but with a digital copy of the game so you can pre-download starting on October 20 and a commemorative statue of the Master Chief and Spartan Locke, which actually splits into two and can be reconfigured.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/games-halo-5-guardians-limited-editions-and-hardware-detailed

Here is how to swap your download code for a physical copy from the limited collectors edition:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...py/ac3e57c9-20e0-4f72-acce-f8c46c69de01/posts

Microsoft has provided the following step-by-step process on how to swap your digital code for a retail disc:

1. Open the Contact Us page.
2. Select "Chat with Microsoft Support" to chat with a support agent.
3. Once you’re connected, inform them that you want to exchange your unredeemed digital code for Halo 5: Guardians for a physical disc.
4. You'll need to provide the agent with the following information: Your Xbox gamertag, your email address, the token's 25-character code, and your address for shipment.

After contacting Microsoft Support, it will take approximately 3 to 5 business days for the disc, as well as an accompanying code for the extra LCE content, to arrive. Also good to note that this offer is only valid from October 20 to November 1, 2015.

That collector's edition being $150 over the limited edition is a little nuts. That Chief/Locke status better be supreme quality, but I doubt it. I didn't see what it is made of, but it almost needs to be some kind of quality material for that premium in pricing.

The last Collector's limited edition I picked up was Halo: Reach and that was $150 if I remember correctly. The statue was plastic, but it looked alright and wasn't too much more. I picked it up at the midnight launch without a pre-order too.

I'm not pre-ordering this time as my experience has been that you can usually pick this up at retail. On second thought maybe I need to pre-order :)

No more limited edition crap for me. All it does is collect dust. In fact, I was just explaining to a lady friend this past weekend why I still have a Halo 3 cat helmet in one of my spare bedrooms.

No more limited edition crap for me. All it does is collect dust. In fact, I was just explaining to a lady friend this past weekend why I still have a Halo 3 cat helmet in one of my spare bedrooms.

Booooo. My limited edition stuff is proudly displayed in my little man cave. Wife is good with it, so life is good.

Reactions: NRP
I would get limited editions if they actually came with anything worthwhile. Back in the day with limited editions they came with a steel-book case, making-of disc, art-book, soundtrack, comic-book, etc... Nowadays with things going digital, limited editions come with 'limited' content. I paid over $100 for H4's limited edition and all I got was a steel-book case and couple of flimsy pieces of paper.

Not doing that again with H5. Standard edition for me.

Anybody interested in my Halo collection? 1(orig Xbox) 2 LE(orig Xbox), 3 LE, 4, ODST, Reach, Anniversary & Legends DVD? Putting it all up for sale on eBay later this week if not. I need the money to buy Halo 5.

Tommy McClain

Very underwhelmed by the launch trailer. Watched it hoping to salvage some hype and....waah wah. Bad choice of song (although this is subjective)

Well I'm buying this game no matter all my conflicted feelings toward it...cause that's what I do, buy Halo's on launch day.

Even the TV adds aren't that compelling imo. Not nearly the emotional content that H3 or even Reach adds had. Well I hope the game turns out to be good because the mass media marketing so far isn't.

Even the TV adds aren't that compelling imo. Not nearly the emotional content that H3 or even Reach adds had. Well I hope the game turns out to be good because the mass media marketing so far isn't.
It might be alright. We're much older now, perhaps we're into different things than the younger generation. I still stand by ME2 launch trailer as being the best of all time, but that's just me.

You really judging a game by the quality of the ads? How many times has a game had an amazing advert, but ended up being a huge bag of dicks?

I would get limited editions if they actually came with anything worthwhile. Back in the day with limited editions they came with a steel-book case, making-of disc, art-book, soundtrack, comic-book, etc... Nowadays with things going digital, limited editions come with 'limited' content. I paid over $100 for H4's limited edition and all I got was a steel-book case and couple of flimsy pieces of paper.

Not doing that again with H5. Standard edition for me.
Yeah, kinda tired of statues. I prefer having posable spartan figures (for reasons). The spartans/people just don't quite stand-out anymore for a statue compared to the likes of Songbird or Big Daddy. A UNSC Infinity model maybe ought to have been there for Halo 4, for example.

I suppose Halo 3 got enough flak for the cat helmet, but maybe they could have gone for a damaged & weathered helmet for H5 (so you can store MCC in it, of course :V ).

All these info cards just don't seem to hold a candle to the Reach diary as well (the loose cards were kind of annoying for Reach too, don't get me wrong).

I'd have liked to see touched up (i.e. supersampled) cut-scenes + full commentary. That felt rather missing after the CE/2/Reach had them. The ODST one was a bit short, but still very welcome after all the years.

Mini-comics and mini-art books are kinda wasted on me for these since I'd rather wait for anthologies or large print.

John's coin might have been a nice bit of paraphernalia.

----

Anyways, I think the only Halo 5 related items for me for a while will be the art book, and Fred & Kelly 6" figures (no larger version... yet).

Last edited:
Back