Halo 4

I can only see the first two links, and who knows what it will look like in-game (LOD, resolution, aliasing, etc) but if these are some sort of BS screen grab one thing that jumps out positively is the model looks quite different in different lighting environments. It could be simply due to the filters being used on the different maps so I won't get too optimistic.

Yeah they're typical Halo bullshots, I strongly doubt the game renders at 1600 x 900 with 8XSSAA. Model design also strongly resembles to Reach so I'm expecting some customization.

Looks fantastic and that depth of field is very well done.The only obvious thing is that the game won't be running at a very high resolution like those screens are..Hopefully, we see some campaign and multiplayer videos later on today..

It looks ok... not much to go on really.

The undersuit appeared a bit low res texture-wise. I don't think i'm a fan of the armour (or lack thereof) design either, but that's beside the point. I think we need to see more before we can start getting excited.

It looks ok... not much to go on really.

The undersuit appeared a bit low res texture-wise. I don't think i'm a fan of the armour (or lack thereof) design either, but that's beside the point. I think we need to see more before we can start getting excited.

Looks much better than Reach does and that footage is most likely from an early build of the game.On a sidenote, I'm hoping Armor Abilities are back...

I don't think i'm a fan of the armour (or lack thereof) design either.

I like parts of it, but the backpack looks kinda silly here:

B947c.jpg

I hope that's just the Jetpack mode because having it stick out.... sticks out. :p

Didn't see anything of an expected release date, but being on 360 it brings into question the rumours that the 720 (or whatever) will be announced/launched late 2013.

This will be a huge title of course and likely won't be out until next year - to bring the successor console to the market right after the release of your largest franchise for the old model seems to be odd timing...unless the 720 won't be on shelves until sometime in 2014.

Wonder how their render passes and render targets are setup if they're at native 720p (assuming they're using a form of deferred lighting).

I must be the only person who wants to see [strike]graphics pr0n[/strike] wireframes. :p

Anyways, I worry about the specular stuff in-game based on the vidoc.

Would love to see wireframe myself. Curious to see if they had to sacrifice any of the typical halo scope for proper HD resolution.

Also I agree on the specular concerns with all the shimmering going on.

Still I'm mighty impressed how it still looks better than Reach.

Didn't see anything of an expected release date, but being on 360 it brings into question the rumours that the 720 (or whatever) will be announced/launched late 2013.

This will be a huge title of course and likely won't be out until next year - to bring the successor console to the market right after the release of your largest franchise for the old model seems to be odd timing...unless the 720 won't be on shelves until sometime in 2014.

Well it's scheduled to be released in 2012. The vid doc linked earlier says holiday 2012 and imo they won't let this one slip unless it's absolutely necessary.

Back