Regular
1639839.jpg

http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0802-01.htm

Thoughts?

epicstruggle said:
Ill let my emoticon speak for me. :rolleyes:
later,

Nice!

So this whole hypocrisy thing sits just fine with you then, eh? Back in the days when Saddam was actively using WMD Rummy boy was more than happy with shaking his hand. Heck, the good chap was using it on those evil Iranians! :)

Seriously, what I'm trying to highlight is why there is such negative opinion regarding this invasion. Everyone agrees that Saddam is a bit of a prick. What people are getting rumbled about is that the US only takes action when it's in their political interests to do so. The whole 'dogooder' approach that Bush is using doesn't cut it with the outside world.

im going to quote something I wrote in a different thread
During the cold war alot was done in the name of countering the USSR. Today those actions look silly. Supporting Iraq over Iran, giving training aid to the freedom fighters of Afghan, training Osama. At the time we had good reasons to do so. Unfortunatly we did not forsee the reprecusions of some of those decisions. On the whole, it might have been worth it to dismantling the USSR. A war between the 2 superpowers would have ended civilization

Btw the iranians were being supported by the commies so they were evil :).

I dont care about the outside world, when they start picking up the slack, then Ill care. They remind me of fans in a stadium giving advice to the players on the field as to how to play. :rolleyes:

later,

epicstruggle said:
I dont care about the outside world, when they start picking up the slack, then Ill care. They remind me of fans in a stadium giving advice to the players on the field as to how to play. :rolleyes:

Lol! Well, I think the above paragraph demonstrates better than any argument put forward so far why the US is having all the problems it is at the moment.

Back to lurking. :)

epicstruggle said:
During the cold war alot was done in the name of countering the USSR. Today those actions look silly. Supporting Iraq over Iran, giving training aid to the freedom fighters of Afghan, training Osama. At the time we had good reasons to do so. Unfortunatly we did not forsee the reprecusions of some of those decisions. On the whole, it might have been worth it to dismantling the USSR. A war between the 2 superpowers would have ended civilization

later,
Now I see why americans have problems around the world :rolleyes:

Hey, we are at least solving the problem. :) You might not like the solution, but its getting the job done. BTW, thanks for making me feel so good, I didnt know that my opinion equated to the American opinion. And I thought I was just a disgrunteld student. :)

later,

epicstruggle said:
Hey, we are at least solving the problem. :) You might not like the solution, but its getting the job done. BTW, thanks for making me feel so good, I didnt know that my opinion equated to the American opinion. And I thought I was just a disgrunteld student. :)

later,

You might be solving the problem. Lets wait and see shall we. If we can get through this quickly without the US going to war with Turkey!

nutball said:
You might be solving the problem. Lets wait and see shall we. If we can get through this quickly without the US going to war with Turkey!
Actually we are solving the problem, you just dont like the solution weve come up with. and I would not mind going to war with Turkey either! Im still pissed that they havent renamed Instanbul into Constantinople. :devilish:

later,

I normally stay out of this sort of pointless bickering but...
epicstruggle said:
and I would not mind going to war with Turkey either!
WTF has Turkiye done to you? Is it just because they aren't thrilled about the war? Perhaps you'd feel differently if there was a wasps-nest next to your house and someone from a different neighbourhood started hitting it with a stick.
Im still pissed that they havent renamed Instanbul into Constantinople.
Constantine's been dead for centuries. He doesn't care, so why should you?

You know, once upon a time, 3D graphics was discussed here.

Simon F said:

Indeed. Istambul or Constantinople. Its nobody's business but the Turks.

;)

epicstruggle said:
nutball said:
Actually we are solving the problem, you just dont like the solution weve come up with. and I would not mind going to war with Turkey either! Im still pissed that they havent renamed Instanbul into Constantinople. :devilish:

later,

Where did I say I didn't approve of the solution? Actually I do! Don't paint me with the anti-war brush please.

My point is that it's a high-risk strategy in a very unpredictable part of the world. The chances of something kicking off in the rest of the region and situation getting worse is non-negligible. That was my point.

Simon F said:
I normally stay out of this sort of pointless bickering but...
epicstruggle said:
and I would not mind going to war with Turkey either!
WTF has Turkiye done to you? Is it just because they aren't thrilled about the war? Perhaps you'd feel differently if there was a wasps-nest next to your house and someone from a different neighbourhood started hitting it with a stick.
Im still pissed that they havent renamed Instanbul into Constantinople.

I hope you understood I was trying to be sarcastic. I thought it was clear, but if not let me make myself clear that I do not think we should go attack turkey next. We should only do it after we take over france and germany. See sarcasm. ;)

btw if you want to talk 3d graphics do it here:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2 :)

later,

epicstruggle said:
BTW, thanks for making me feel so good, I didnt know that my opinion equated to the American opinion. And I thought I was just a disgrunteld student. :)
You are right. My apologies to all americans. But if you "dont care about the outside world" why you are discussing with outsiders :?

pascal said:
epicstruggle said:
BTW, thanks for making me feel so good, I didnt know that my opinion equated to the American opinion. And I thought I was just a disgrunteld student. :)
You are right. My apologies to all americans. But if you "dont care about the outside world" why you are discussing with outsiders :?
A little history about me. :) Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, lived there for about 3 years. Went to Campinas, Brasil, lived there for about 10 years. Went back to South Africa, another year there. Then the last 14 some years here in the United States of America. I am a Hindu/Indian in my heart. But if i have to defend any country, Ill defend the US of A.

pascal what part of brasil are you from?

later,

IMHO the international experience you had was while you was too young.
The fact is nobody is atacking US, this is not a soccer game. :LOL:

I am from the sunny side of the country, Salvador

pascal said:
IMHO the international experience you had was while you was too young.
The fact is nobody is atacking US, this is not a soccer game. :LOL:

I am from the sunny side of the country, Salvador
:LOL:
Hey those soccer games have caused some spectacular fights. :)

I dont know about being young, I still remember most of my life in brasil. not fluent in portug. but I still remember alot. :)

later,

pascal said:
epicstruggle said:

later,
Now I see why americans have problems around the world :rolleyes:

i always have trouble convincing people that i am an American when i am out of the country, simply because i do not present a mentality like epicstruggle from what i can tell.

Back