GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

Really? How much work does that actually require, when you have had the game already finished for so many years?
They constantly release new modes and content for Online, it's the cash cow. I don't know how many devs they need for it since it's not exactly huge volumes of additional coding and artist work but there is new stuff every month. They've probably been working on RDR2 Online stuff as well for awhile.

In the Vulture interview Dan Houser said more than 3,000 people were involved in RDR2 so it is probable other R* studios were involved in RDR2's production, including R* San Diego who lead on the RAGE engine. I reckon RDR2 had R* stretched pretty thin but I wonder what their mobile team are working on. We had three GTA games on PSP and one on DS and nothing since.

Really? How much work does that actually require, when you have had the game already finished for so many years?

I've not spent more than a couple of hours in GTA Online but I have friends who play it regularly and it sounds almost like an online RPG. They've been continually pumping out new, deeper systems and new content like building interiors, missions and voice work. It's likely a lot more work than it sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
More work than it sounds, maybe, but work that can carry over into the next game.

Every time I look at a GTA Online update, I just see groundwork for GTAVI.

Now if they would just spend some of that ~$1 billion annual revenue patching it for the Pro and X1X.... Fucking hell, 1440p with TAA would suffice.

I wonder if they're just waiting it out, with the intent of re-re-releasing it for the PS5 and XBoxTwo? I skipped it on the PS3, but I'd buy it again if it was 4K60 with some other jazz. Throw in some of that once upon a time promised single player DLC, and they'd probably have another $874 trillion in sales.

I wonder if they're just waiting it out, with the intent of re-re-releasing it for the PS5 and XBoxTwo? I skipped it on the PS3, but I'd buy it again if it was 4K60 with some other jazz. Throw in some of that once upon a time promised single player DLC, and they'd probably have another $874 trillion in sales.

If R* don't decide to revisit 1980s Vice City in GTA VI, I think it very likely GTA VI will incorporate most of GTA V's map along with a big new area, maybe a return to the scope of San Andrea with San Fierro and Las Venturas being added - just as RDR2 includes a great lump of RDR's map.

And Much More
The expanded and enhanced versions of Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online are arriving on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S with new features and more, on November 11th, 2021. As an added bonus — this summer's updates to GTA Online will include special benefits for players to take advantage of in these expanded and enhanced versions when they drop. Plus, in honor of the upcoming 20th anniversary of the genre defining Grand Theft Auto III, we’ll have even more fun surprises to share — including some specifically for GTA Online players.

While the standalone version of GTA Online will be available to players on both platforms, this new standalone version of GTA Online will be available for free exclusively to PlayStation 5 players during the first three months. And PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4, make sure to claim your GTA$1,000,000 by visiting the PlayStation Store at the start of each month — every month until the launch of GTA Online on PlayStation 5.

GTA 5 Enhanced version 11th November for PS5 and Xbox Series. They will release a GTA Online stanalone version it will be free for PS5 players during the first three months and PS plus members on PS4.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/g...-xbox-series-x-s-is-november-11/1100-6491614/

A funny meme
oNOYbqW.png

i'm smfh

i'm just going to try to finish the one they have on game pass and be done with it. I don't think graphics will improve this title for me. I don't care for it's online either.

So with PC and whatever # gen this is they've managed to triple or quadruple dip buyers. Good effort!

You forgot to mention all the money-bag payments they've received for service inclusions on things like XBL:Gold/PS+/GamePass/PSNow etc...

i'm smfh

i'm just going to try to finish the one they have on game pass and be done with it. I don't think graphics will improve this title for me. I don't care for it's online either.

A higher resolution and framerate, with some better textures, AA, and AF aren't enough to make me buy it again. However that mention of GTA3 has my interest piqued.

If I can replay GTA3 with updated controls (even if only updated to GTAV standards) then I'll probably get it at some point. Not at the £70 price they'll likely try to charge, but it'd be worth £35-40 to me. Worth £60 if it also includes VC, and SA. Heck, I'll pay £80 if it contains GTA3, VC, SA, and GTA4, the latter of which I think is significantly underrated.

I wonder if it is just going to be GTA V at 60 fps with the PC ultra settings. Lord knows they could deliver even less than that and its still going to sell. More single player content is likely a pipe dream.

Back