Grand Theft Auto VI [GTA 6]: What can we expect?

JIJpxwb.gif

JIJphlI.gif

JIJyogI.gif

The first gif is so KOD (King of Diamonds)... :LOL:

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2023-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

"Grand Theft Auto VI continues our efforts to push the limits of what's possible in highly immersive, story-driven open-world experiences," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We're thrilled to be able to share this new vision with players everywhere."

Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet.

There has been no talk about the online mode which I thought would be the primary push here (so I was wrong). Now I'm wondering if they are going to maybe try sell the online part as a seperate product? Maybe they don't want to release details yet and risk making current players dial back on the shark cards? Maybe it will have to be visually dialed down some? or maybe it's just a thing to show when we get a proper gameplay trailer.

There has been no talk about the online mode which I thought would be the primary push here (so I was wrong). Now I'm wondering if they are going to maybe try sell the online part as a seperate product? Maybe they don't want to release details yet and risk making current players dial back on the shark cards? Maybe it will have to be visually dialed down some? or maybe it's just a thing to show when we get a proper gameplay trailer.
I don't remember them pushing the online feature in GTA V when it was first revealed, until much later on.

Last edited:
I don't remember them pushing the online feature in GTA V when it was first revealed, until much later on.
Yeh but it's a much bigger part of their revenue stream now, I don't think they probably ever expected gta online to do what it has back then. Did they promote the online mode for rdr2 much? GTA5 is constantly in the steam top 10 ccu chart, above destiny 2 and mw2/3 right now for example.

I don't get it, can you explain?
ive read somewhere that the trend nowadays with some certain group of people with "female empowerment" movements pushes for female characters to look less female-ey, and more male-ey. complete with squarer jaw, thicker muscles, etc. the latest furror was with sspiderman's girlfriend i cant rememebr the name

I MAY TOTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD THIS. so pardon for mistakes.

Yeah. I don't believe we'll see that on consoles. Like the forza trailer, they can't push all that at a decent frame rate.

Cut scenes typically ramp up assets, lighting, shadowing and IQ, so I see no issue with current consoles handling these particular scenes. Gameplay wise, geometry assets, lighting, shadows, and IQ will be paired back, but nothing looking vastly different than their CS equivalents.

The ideea of just "get a console bro" would hold some water if only the gameplaying experience would not be completely different top to bottom between pc and consoles. Mouse and keyboard is holly, framerate, resolution, image quality and so on. Just get a console and let pad assists play the game for you and that 20-30 framerate as well. It's not about broadening your horizons, its about wanting to play a specific way that consoles dont allow. Its absolutely wild though, looking at estimated GTA 5 owners on steam being around 50 to 60 million that they're just skipping the platform when the hype and mindshare is at its peak.

A certain amount of gamers expected Rockstar to go the safe and politically correct route with GTA 6, meaning, moderate looking females with certain masculine or domineering traits. So, a no go on that... and thankfully they didn't.
I see. Surprising anyone would expect that. I'd have been shocked if they went that route.

So easy to get drawn into both silly PC arguments... :rolleyes:

Anyway, that looked next gen. I'm sure we can make arguments for it technically not doing anything more that game x, but as ever with GTA, it's doing all the things all at once in a big open world. Very impressive.

The character work was consistently as good as anything out there? The hair on everyone seemed to be dynamic all of the time. Struck me as better than Saga's hair in Alan Wake 2. Even npcs not right infront of the camera looked to have reasonable skin shading on them too (or at least enough going on with the lighting they don't boast the doll like appearance of npcs in current openworld games)

Rockstar has never really shied from controversy so I expect they make the games they want to make. They never feel like the product of a focus group.

Story-wise I hope they lean into the better aspects of RDR1/2 and have a more gripping emotional hook for the main thread. The trailer hints at that.

In terms of releasing later on pc I’m fine with that. There are lots of games to play. Hopefully it just gives time for it to release in good shape, instead of following the usual patch trajectory.

Back