GOW:Over 1 million sold in first 2 weeks.

Halo2 was a sequel... it had a somewhat easier job. Let's wait for Gears 2 :)

Plus Halo2 was launched against a relatively quiet library of great new games. GoW seems to have had a little more in the way of big ticket items at roughly the same launch period. Definitely a good achievement.

now that Chris Sachell is saying over half of consumers are non xbox owners, does this mean that 360 has high potential to sell over 40m units?? (assuming that proportion of xb owners to new 360 owners doesn't change)

I have no idea on what you based that on.

Erm, no.

Wait.. i see it now.

Your assuming that everybody who owned an xbox will buy an xbox 360 and that 50% of the userbase will be people who never owned an xbox, thus 40million.

No. it doesnt mean anything like that.

I have no idea on what you based that on.

Erm, no.

Wait.. i see it now.

Your assuming that everybody who owned an xbox will buy an xbox 360 and that 50% of the userbase will be people who never owned an xbox, thus 40million.

No. it doesnt mean anything like that.

they sold 10.4m even without Halo 3 and GTA IV coming out. imagine how 360 sales would jump up as the game comes out :)

they sold 10.4m even without Halo 3 and GTA IV coming out. imagine how 360 sales would jump up as the game comes out :)

Ofcourse the sales can reach 40 million. Im not saying that it cannot, what i was saying that your prediction is flawed. 50% of the userbase not being xbox owners doesnt mean that they will get atleast 40million userbase.

In the console business anything can happen, Dreamcast was, believe it or not, the fastest selling console ever, until the PS2 came out a year later and killed it.

Ofcourse the sales can reach 40 million. Im not saying that it cannot, what i was saying that your prediction is flawed. 50% of the userbase not being xbox owners doesnt mean that they will get atleast 40million userbase.

In the console business anything can happen, Dreamcast was, believe it or not, the fastest selling console ever, until the PS2 came out a year later and killed it.

DC sold 10 million consoles before the PS2 ever launched. Sega killed the DC before PS2 even launched...

yea i get your point, that's why i said potential :) potential can become nothing in the end if microsoft do something really awful, and the potential is there because many people are joining 360

I think that 60 million X360s is not at all unlikely in the long run. Too many good games and the price will come down quite dramatically.

And you just don't know what next-gen's Halo and GTA are going to be, either.

And you just don't know what next-gen's Halo and GTA are going to be, either.
I believe we're at the point when we can guess, what we'll be next-gen Halo or GTA. These kind of titles are released early in their generation and have some things in common, ie. they are accesible, yet they deliver something new, they have something that attracts casual gamer.

DC sold 10 million consoles before the PS2 ever launched. Sega killed the DC before PS2 even launched...
You mean before the PS2 launched outside of Japan. AFAIK, DC sold around 4-5M before the March 2000 launch of PS2 in Japan, and even though it was only available in that one country for a while, PS2 outsold DC ever since.

No, they have not (not to customers) :p.

Like Sony, Microsoft talks about items shipped to retailers.

retailers take orders when they are out of stock. retailers probably sold somewhere near 9-9.5m units. and they are encouraging people here in europe to grab a 360 because ps3 is not here and all they want is to sell as many things as possible

Back