4. Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP) ELECTRONIC ARTS
  5. Fable III (360) MICROSOFT
  6. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) NINTENDO 430.5K
  7. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, Wii, PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS
  8. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) SONY 400K
  9. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP,PC) TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
  10. Wii Fit Plus (Wii) NINTENDO
  11. Dance Central (360) MTV

edit: will edit as info becomes available, and thanks to NeoGAF...

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/09/november-2010-npd-highlights.aspx

Major Nelson said:
  • November marks the sixth consecutive month Xbox 360 leads video game consoles in sales, with 1.37 million units sold. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)
  • Xbox 360 is the only console to show double digit year-to-date growth at 42%, making it the fastest-growing console in 2010. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)
  • 50% of spending at retail this November (for current generation consoles) was on the Xbox 360 platform. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)
  • During the month of November, four of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fable III, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, and Halo: Reach. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops for Xbox 360 was the number one selling console game in November. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)

http://nintendoeverything.com/57030/

Nintendo is still hot for the holidays. In November alone, eager holiday shoppers in the United States snapped up more than 2.7 million Wii™ and Nintendo DS™ systems. That equates to more than 1.2 million Wii systems and more than 1.5 million units from the Nintendo DS family of systems, according to the NPD Group, which tracks U.S. sales of video games.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...o-game-sales-in-november-as-wii-recovers.html

Nintendo Co.’s Wii sales gained 0.8 percent to 1.27 million units, the company said separately. Sony Corp.’s PS3 sales fell 25 percent to 530,000 units from a year earlier, when the company cut prices, Morgan Stanley said, citing NPD data.

not to impressed with the 360. Felt it should have been higher due to kinect.

:oops:

Their highest month ever was Dec '08 @ 1.44M and they only fell short of that by 70,000 units. I'm thinking whatever your expectations were, they might have been a little unrealistic.

not to impressed with the 360. Felt it should have been higher due to kinect.

Depends also what kind of availabilty ther was for Kinect plus, I am sure a huge amount of sales went to those who already have an xbox. Buying an xbox+kinect is not that cheap...

Wow Kinect had a huge effect I think. 360's Oct numbers were nice but nothing spectacular.

These numbers point to that Ms is going to ship a crapload of 360's (based on scaling to last year, could be looking at 7m+ in the quarter, where their previous high was 6m), so the next round of WW ship #'s should be interesting.

Need for Speed sold better than GT5, and sold best on ps3 hmmmm...

Again the combined SKU thing is interesting, in some way I think they give a clearer software picture really. You would never realize how well a Madden or NBA2k was doing otherwise. Both of those would likely have been out of the top 10 by individual SKU. Or maybe Madden 360 would have made it. Same with Hot Pursuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting to see that no Kinect Titles made the top 10. I would have thought Dance Central would have had a shot. Then again the 2.5 million kinect number is worldwide, not US.

I was hoping we'd get some kinect numbers with NPD but I guess MS is saving the press so they can trumpet their 6 million in the holiday season or whatever.

Is there an error in one of the quotes ?

During the month of November, four of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fable III, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, and Halo: Reach. (Source: NPD Group, November 2010)

In the top 10 list above, there are 6 360, 6 PS3 and 7 Wii titles. And Halo: Reach is not on the list.

Also DS sales should be a sign that dedicated portable game console is still alive. ^_^

The Wii software and hardware sales also mean Wii is not dead yet.

In the top 10 list above, there are 6 360 and PS3 titles. And Halo: Reach is not on the list.

Also DS sales should be a sign that dedicated portable game console is still alive. ^_^

The Wii software and hardware sales also mean Wii is not dead yet.

The quote is referring to platform specific numbers.

In the top 10 list above, there are 6 360 titles. And Halo: Reach is not on the list.

MS probably has access to the seperate SKU breakdown and is referring to that list as opposed to the SKUs-combined list that NPD now releses. As noted in NPD's accompanying PR, if they had listed seperate SKUs, Reach would have been #10.

holy shit at the ps3. WTH happend ? -25% drop .

As for the 360 , i was hoping for 1.5m

looks like nintendo was smart by not droping the wii price. It still sold well and they could use the sales increase next year with a larger cash drop

8.4m for Black Ops, vs ~6m for MW2. Guess all those people talking about how Activision has inevitably milked COD to death in the Activision thread were right.

I guess we could conclude at least in the USA, Kinect>>>>>Move as a system seller, excitement builder etc.

Also overall sales very strong. Imagine if the economy ever got roaring again!

5,6, and 8 are rather surprising to me and 11 didn't even come close to meeting my expectations (placement wise).

I wouldn't be surprised if the kinect games do better in december. There was probably only a million or so kinects in the US in november.

Back