Got Burned By EB: Thinking Worlwide Launch Is a Bad Idea

My local Game crazy told me (just now) that they (MY store anyway) will get all of their pre-orders (55) fulfilled on launch day.

When I mentioned EB's predicament, she said that company wide each Corp was given a maximum pre-order quota and that EB had exceeded that number and Game Crazy had not.

I pre-ordered in June, just in case it goes to a chronological list. :)

She told me not to worry, but we'll find out at 12:01am of the 22nd.

is my understanding that people with pre-orders have 48 hrs to pick theirs up before they move to the next in line.

Thegameman said:
Both companys started taking pre-orders long ago,also i pre order mine in July 28 by this time the gamestop i pre-order in should had like 150 pre-orders,and they din't told me you will get it in the second shipment.

Sounds like your exagerating as the highest preorder store for game stops is a 188 and that is time square , the second one is at 158 .

I highly doubt your gamestop had 150 in july .

silhouette said:
Alpha: Wellcome to the club :(

Jvd: I still think that they are dishonest... If they are honest, they would first give priority to preorders to their store customers and do not sell any boxes on internet.

Instead, both GS and EB decided to sell a lot of boxes on internet while they know that they cannot fullfill the preorders. At the end, I think to make short term gain, they just loose a lot of customers.

i don't know where u hear they got prioity on the internet . They had a limited number (gamestop at least) for the internet . Of course it was more than a normal store however they also do alot more v olume. Many people preordering the units have gotten the message that they aren't guarenteed on launch day and they will ship the bundle as it comes in .

I agree that all stores handled it wrong . But it isn't microsofts fault . This same thing happened with the psps .

Blade said:
I guess this means I should whip down to EB when the Revolution pre-orders start, and only sign on if I can get in the first 20 or so.

That isn't true .

Preorders are good . When the rev comes out get to eb as quickly as possible and put 50$ down .

Worse comes to worse your in second or third shipment and u get it at a walmart. However u can move that 50$ to another game or just get it back

I didn't bother reading the entire thread, but doesn't this mean you're number 4 on wave 2?

Or do you have to start the preorder process all over again.

drpepper said:
I didn't bother reading the entire thread, but doesn't this mean you're number 4 on wave 2?

Or do you have to start the preorder process all over again.

This is what happens .

Say they get in 10 premium and 3 core units

They call up each premium preorder and tell them they have 48 hours to pick up the unit.

At the end of 48 hours they will call the next people in line . They do this with shipments also . The ones next on the list come out .

SO if your 11th out of 10 you might stil lget yours 2 days after launch.

They then take the core unit preorders and fill them . They will then call people as more core units come in . If they filled all core unit preorders they start calling preimum preorders and offer them a chance to buy the core. If there are no takers they ship them to another store that needs them , no more stores needing cores ? they go up for sale

At least that is how gamestop is doing it .

Gamestop will also be able to fill all units by january 31st

Thanks for the tip!

Based on your explanation, assuming if, in the OP's case, all people before him get their orders, he'd have to wait for the next shipment? Assuming he doesn't want the core?

I'm not worried, I'm #11 at my local Gamestop.

Of course the fact that I already have about $800 worth of stuff prepaid doesn't hurt either. I don't know about other stores, but I know at mine that having everyting prepaid moves you up the reserve list. Then again, I'm also on friendly terms with the manager after having spent several thousand dollars at his store over the years.

drpepper said:
Thanks for the tip!

Based on your explanation, assuming if, in the OP's case, all people before him get their orders, he'd have to wait for the next shipment? Assuming he doesn't want the core?

Yes he'd have to wait for second shpiment. However we are supposed to get shipments every 7-10 days . So we will see . However let me point out we are told that the follow up shipments will be slightly smaller . So if your store got 30 on launch day you will prob see them getting 10 or so every week about

jvd said:
Sounds like your exagerating as the highest preorder store for game stops is a 188 and that is time square , the second one is at 158 .

I highly doubt your gamestop had 150 in july .

Do you have numbers for every store, or just the top ones?

I'm curious if I was lied to at my Gamestop. They claimed 123 preorders.

scooby_dooby said:
That's a burn, especially with you being #16.

Cancel the preorder and go into BestBuy first thing in the morning, that's what I'm doing...
It's Target for me. I'm getting the games from EB though since it's about $150 worth of store credit.

lefizz said:
Just to repeat that yes we the people the other side of the pond are actually very please MS has taken us seriously this time unlike Sony and Nitendo usually do.
And if this takes a few 360 away from some of the more arogant US citizens who think they have an automatic right to them\all the worlds oil reserves\bomb the living sh@t out of other countries etc. then fair play.
What a fucking cheap shot.

Ask France what happens when you don't "bomb the living sh@t out of other countries". Fucking liberal Euro bastard.

Powderkeg said:
Do you have numbers for every store, or just the top ones?

I'm curious if I was lied to at my Gamestop. They claimed 123 preorders.

I dunno , just know the big stores .

When I preordered mine at Gamestop in late may, they said there were already about 30 preorders, and I would be on the second shipment. I paid off my premium sku and 2 games by the beginning of September. When I went in just the other day to reserve the charge-and-play thingie, I asked the guy if they knew yet how many 360's they would have for launch day. "We should get enough to cover the first shipment." I asked if he could confirm any of these rumors about stores receiving 20 units or less at launch. "uh....well,..yeah, but dude, don't worry, People like you who are our best customers will get one." I wonder if they blowing the same smoke up everyone else's ass. I've noticed before that the people at that store will say just about anything to convince you not to cancel a preorder.

Powderkeg said:
What makes a store a "big" store, and are there any in Texas?

Well i shouldn't say big store. i Should say the top 5 preorder stores . None of them were in texas . There was the time square one , we had one in new jersey (Garden state plaza ) there was one in chicago i think and 2 some where in the west coast

jvd said:
Well i shouldn't say big store. i Should say the top 5 preorder stores . None of them were in texas . There was the time square one , we had one in new jersey (Garden state plaza ) there was one in chicago i think and 2 some where in the west coast

Makes sense. Those would be the 3 most heavily populated areas in the country.

Alpha_Spartan said:
I took this worlwide launch thing from Microsoft as some ambitious goal on their part. I didn't think it was going to affect me. See, I preordered in August, my shit is fully paid and I was #16 on the list so I was guaranteed a system, right? Wrong. Wrong as a mofo. Yesterday EB called me and broke the bad news. Microsoft "cut" their Xbox 360 launch shipment to 12 units. Bum fuck. I don't know whose at fault, but I'd pin it on EB who repeatedly told me that my shit was guaranteed. Hell, initially they refused my preorder but called me a week later and stated that "We opened up more preorder slots, so if you want to be on the list give us your $50" (okay I'm paraphrasing here). Now I'm out in the cold and not happy at all. I'm pretty bummed. So I guess I'll just keep my money there until the 21st just in case someone drops out. If my situation is still the same, I'm taking my money and then it's off to Target/Walmart on the morning of the 22nd.

I guess this is a byproduct of Microsoft's desire to be everywhere at once, which makes absolutely no goddam sense to me. Especially Japan which is a liverspot on a fly's ass in regards to significance to MS's worldwide success.

you may want to pitch a tent if you try to go the 22nd. I fully expect some running of the bulls footage on the news

I still remember that tickle me elmo trash, damn elmo, evil red bastard

Back