Gods help me, I bought a Wii.

I'm keeping Mario on the want list, in case my wife feels like hitting a brick and mortar.

Everything just came, and it's all there. Now I'm just waiting on the Wii Play & Wiimote that I ordered today. :)

:LOL: I remember that! The hammer! Good times.

Wii Play is a no brainer if you want an extra controller... the games are pretty average, but hey, the entertainment they bring for the price premium ($10?) is well worth it. Having said that, it's saddening to see great games pushed out of top ten sales charts every month for the damn thing.

I actually enjoy the tanks game in Wii Play.

More. My worry was my daughter wouldn't like it, but she monopolized it all day yesterday and woke up with sore arms from boxing yesterday. :LOL:

Today they used their xmas money to buy "Rayman Raving Rabids II" and they have just been laughing together in the living room since. :)

More. My worry was my daughter wouldn't like it, but she monopolized it all day yesterday and woke up with sore arms from boxing yesterday. :LOL:

Today they used their xmas money to buy "Rayman Raving Rabids II" and they have just been laughing together in the living room since. :)

Oh boy, you got them started now! You're in deep trouble man! LOL

Tommy McClain

You're laughing now, but wait until she tries her honed boxing skills on you in real life :p You're in for a beating :cool:

i never thought it would happen but I bought my GF a Wii and jeez louise all she does is box golf and bowl!

I'm addicted too because of the skill aspect. Its really too much fun.

The boxing is my favourite in the package, with bowling a close second. I've been wishing a proper boxing game would come out. Watching people play Wii boxing for the first time has to be one of my favourite moments in gaming. It would probably be even cooler with little kids.

Get your hands on Super Mario Galaxy, and Trauma Center - New Blood is a really good 2 player game.

PS: Try gettin your boxing score up to 2000. It gets pretty challenging.

They just got Super Mario Galaxy & Raving Rabbids 2. RR2 has been dominating since we got it, they're in love. Just hysterical laughter coming from my living room for hours, it's pleasant. :)

So, have they complained about the sub-par SD resolution graphics, dithering and lack of AA already? :devilish:

Just kidding. ;)

Pffft! We're using the included composite cable to hook it up to our 42" plasma and the kids eyes aren't bleeding or nothing! ;)

I'm awful glad they include those rubber jackets for the wiimotes now though, I think they've already saved our TV a few times. I had to rub out some rubber streaks on it already for when they get a little too close. :LOL:

So, have they complained about the sub-par SD resolution graphics, dithering and lack of AA already? :devilish:

Just kidding. ;)

My girl has done just that.. when playing Hannah Montana. Nothing about AA, has no idea what that is. But asked why it doesnt look as good as the PS3. Thats about it, she hasnt mentioned it since. It really does look pretty awful stretched across a 57" screen.

That doesnt stop her from playing it. Shes had a great time with it so far.

BTW, I still have these component cables hanging off the back of my receiver, their yours if you want them, now that we gave the Wii to an ungrateful family (gave, not sold!)...:devilish:
Your kids actually got bored of the Wii? And heck yeah I'll take the cables, I'll PM ya next week when my wife gets off work and I have some free time with a vehicle. :)

One twist on the Ninny thing: For those looking for a game library with a lot of age appropriate games that parents can play with their children. Call my a fuddy duddy, but I am pretty picky as it is about the media I personally consume and, likewise, we are very hands on in regards to the entertainment media our children consume (although, quite ironically I am sure to most, we discuss many adult topics very openly).

Anyhow, although I haven't played them, it does seem like Wii Sports and Wii Play are the sort of games that children and old farts with sticks stuck you know where can play with little protest, lest the waste of time gaming is :p But you can always argue it is cross generation socialization! ;)

Ps. This is to say I would sooner find a Wii a suitable gaming experience to engage with my sons than a PS3 or 360... although some of the arcade games available are quite family friendly in presentation and content and are accessible with a nice learning curve, so it really may be an issue of taste... do you want to waggle or harken back to the years of Pac-man / Marble madness? My mother (who cannot stomach the original Doom or any violent game) is in love with XBLA and is already an addict. So I guess it comes down to what you want to do and what games appeal.

Back