General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]

True, but thinking of my youth in Italy, purely as an example, you’ll find that many families who aren’t exactly “doing well” - whatever that means - will still be able to treat their kid(s) come Xmas.
I get this, my upbringing was in a home not flushed with cash and yet I remember my dad getting me an Atari 2600 which knowing now what it cost back then, we really couldn't afford.

I think the key difference here is - even when you don't have much money - if can can squirrel money away for months and months you can spoil the kids, because you know next month and the month after and next year you will continue to have a steady income. This isn't the case with COVID-19, which has hit the planet out of the blue and even those people who may have made an effort to save for a console, may be looking at their uncertainty of their future and deciding a console isn't the best way to spend money right now.

I don't think the full impact of COVID-19 on the economy and various industries has even begun to be felt yet. Many, many industries and services only exist to support other services and industries, it's a whole line of dominoes waiting to be toppled over. There are likely folks thinking they are fine now, but if their customers, or the customers of their customers suffer, it will impact them next month, or in three months, or in six months.

So allegedly Sony is yet again planning to show things off a full month after MS? Meh!

Don't think their late if they show 1st party games during the summer like MS will. May 7th isn't for that for MS either. If Sony doesn't show any 1st party during summer then their late yes.

This isn't the case with COVID-19, which has hit the planet out of the blue and even those people who may have made an effort to save for a console, may be looking at their uncertainty of their future and deciding a console isn't the best way to spend money right now.

This is exactly my situation. I was definitely getting a next gen console probably both but now it's a case of how am I going to survive.
Even getting The Last of us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima is probably not going to happen.
It's a bloody shock when something you have been doing for twenty years has been keeping my lifestyle ( work on my time, nothing fancy but lots of free time) is just gone with no end in sight.

I'm sure that's the case with lots of people, especially in my country where I think the government has gone overboard with the strict lockdown situation.

Even getting The Last of us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima is probably not going to happen.

Too bad man, hope things turn out well for you. I must play GoT, coming on the best date ever also :) Il play it on a family's Pro if i have to lol (might it look so much better on that), i feel it's more at home at 4k (or whatever close to that res it will be)

This is exactly my situation. I was definitely getting a next gen console probably both but now it's a case of how am I going to survive.
I thought xss was good idea anyway, but given the situation I think it could really work in consumers and MS benefit.
Not so much for launch when the core and the ones who still has disposable income to spend, but soon after and literally years to come.

Next year holidays /black Friday when someone can pick up a xss for maybe sub $300, compared to xsx for over $450.

And, i should've also said it also, sorry to hear about that. Lots of people going through it isn't a help to the individual.

Last edited:
It's a bloody shock when something you have been doing for twenty years has been keeping my lifestyle ( work on my time, nothing fancy but lots of free time) is just gone with no end in sight.

I'm sure that's the case with lots of people, especially in my country where I think the government has gone overboard with the strict lockdown situation.
=( sorry to hear that man. that really sucks

I hope all will go better.

Back