"Gears of War:The Road to E3" MTV Special

zed said:
in 99% increasing screensize will look better than increasing AA (within reason)
afterall AA is meant to lessen alaising which is caused by outputing to the computer/tv screen which has a limited resolution
What's the performance we see with 4xAA nowadays, 25%? Before someone pulls out benchmarks to prove me wrong, the no-AA and AA scores better both have AF enabled.

I seriously doubt increasing the screen resolution by a measly 15% in each direction (for an equivalent performance hit) will give you better images than 4x rotated grid AA. I'd bet 99% of people would agree in a side by side comparison in motion.

hehe, so the comments from Naughty dog about "buff bald space marines" hit home.
It looks a lot less generic now ;)

Tap In said:
yes, Mr. roll-your-eyes, it was a commentary on the recent "bald space marines" criticism.

and a working link for blakjedi's post....

sorry , the roll eyes was more generaly aimed at ignorance about how hair is done than at you.

_phil_ said:
sorry , the roll eyes was more generaly aimed at ignorance about how hair is done than at you.

thank you

I admit to technical ignorance although I am trying to learn so thanks for the input

one new and one from e3
4031618cy.jpg

gow16rg.jpg

Back