"Gears of War:The Road to E3" MTV Special

expletive

Veteran
Thought others might find this interesting. There's going to be a special on MTV that basically follows the GoW team around for a few weeks as they prepare for E3.

It will premiere this evening but will replay quite a few times as well. Follow the link for showtimes and a short interview about the show with CliffyB.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/709/709307p1.html

So how much does MTV charge for an advertisement program of that scale? I may or may not have a product I need hyped up :p

If it follows the true trash MTV has been doing it should be:

5 minutes of actual comments and gameplay footage.
10 minutes of comercials
15 minutes of freaking terrible rap and/or pop music

If its an hour long multiply the above figures by 2.

I'll never forget that exclusive Xbox360 "launch party" that had little to nothing to do with the Xbox360, scarred me for life. Mute button!

Edit- forgot surprise commentary by a "sorta celeberity or artist" nobody cares about, and that person hasnt the slightest thing of value to say other then "this is dope get down with the ***** yo" yet the MTV spokesperson will continue to ask questions and recieve stupid answers with a random F-bomb every other sentence.

Viva la mtv revolution!

Last edited by a moderator:
SugarCoat said:
If it follows the true trash MTV has been doing it should be:

5 minutes of actual comments and gameplay footage.
10 minutes of comercials
15 minutes of freaking terrible rap and/or pop music

If its an hour long multiply the above figures by 2.

I'll never forget that exclusive Xbox360 "launch party" that had little to nothing to do with the Xbox360, scarred me for life. Mute button!

hahah that's so true :D

Gaming Age: And finally, since we’re running out of time…Do you think you’ll be able to lock the framerate at 30FPS, and what about FSAA?

CliffyB:
We’re going to have some terrific motion blur and depth of field, but
there probably won’t be Full Scene Anti-Aliasing. We’ll do things
that’ll give us a similar effect, but again we’re speaking on the
engine side of things so it’s not really my department. I’m not a big
fan of jaggies though, so we’ll do whatever we can to get rid of those.

The other thing is the framerate. We’re not only selling a
game here, we’re selling an engine. This game, when it ships, needs to
have stellar performance. None of this 20 FPS **** You also need
two-player splitscreen, so you need mid 30s to 40s to play splitscreen
enjoyably. There’s your answer, man.

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/s...iff Bleszinski - An interview in the key of B

the mtv streaming wouldn't work for me because it "wasn't available in my territory"

i managed to grab it off xboxyde before they yanked it, so could upload it later to yousendit or something if enough people want it (it's 93.5 mb).... assuming it doesn't somehow breach the boards policy

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Gaming Age: And finally, since we’re running out of time…Do you think you’ll be able to lock the framerate at 30FPS, and what about FSAA?

CliffyB:
that’ll give us a similar effect, but again we’re speaking on the

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/s...iff Bleszinski - An interview in the key of B

Great news about the framerate, this game locked in at 30 will look great, hopefully no vertical tearing either.

Well i guess they arent using tiling with the engine based on the FSAA comment. With this game i never seem to notice though.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
that’ll give us a similar effect,
but again we’re speaking on the

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/specials/page2.pl?spec=cliffyb2&pagenum=3&pages=4&title=Cliff%20Bleszinski%20-%20An%20interview%20in%20the%20key%20of%20B
good find

thanks

scooby_dooby said:
...I can't believe Sweeney let Cliffy borrow his lamborghini
I'm guessing that was staged :smile:

overall I liked the show though. Not nearly as annoying as most MTV shows IMO

CliffyB seems like a nice dude that cares about his games from a gamer's perspective.

I hope he can deliver what he's promising though. :smile:

Very well done show, especially compared with the MTV unveiling of 360 last year.

And great to see MS putting financial resources into this game, including advertising. It looks incredible - really, I didn't realize how gorgeous it is - and it's definitely going to be a system seller this holiday.

Push it hard, MS.

good to hear that they will enable some sort of AA. I don't care how they do this if this will be FSAA or motion blur + something, so long as it looks good with steady 30fps :D.

I'm dissapointed to hear there is still no AA in UE3, but I'm interested to see what they are doing to combat the jaggies. Unfortunatly all direct video from it I have seen has apparently been offline renders as they show plenty of AA.

I'm also a bit conserned about the "mid 30s to 40s" statement, hopefuly it means triple buffered rather than without vsync and tearing wildly like what was shown at e3. If it's the later then I'd much rather just see the game capped and synced at 30fps.

Back