Gears of War 4 [XO, XPA]

Looks a lot more impressive than the last few demos especially the lighting. Gonna do this on a Xbone S once I get my 65" ZD9 (hurry the hell up and release the set in Australia damn it). HDR would work very well with this game due to the abundance of high contrast scenes in the night and light sources.

Even that twitter pic has the typical ND polish, I can't be the only one noticing the lighting and POST processing are sublime on the controller and TV :p.
Yeah, whatever. I bet his phone's camera has a bunch of ad-hoc artist created hacks specific for that scene. I wanna see that tweet look that good within an open world and real time ToD.

Yeah, whatever. I bet his phone's camera has a bunch of ad-hoc artist created hacks specific for that scene. I wanna see that tweet look that good within an open world and real time ToD.
Not to worry, I'm sure Druckman has that covered with the Last of Twitter pic 2.

Meanwhile at Cliff Bleszinski house.

Ct2-mw9UEAAjcah.jpg

upload_2016-10-4_17-40-44.png
upload_2016-10-4_18-12-0.png

Meanwhile at Cliff Bleszinski house.

Ct2-mw9UEAAjcah.jpg
PS4 left, Xbox One right?

SCNR.
But: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gears-of-war-4-pre-order/9nblggh4rq6d

Supports Xbox Play Anywhere: yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. For a limited time, purchase and redeem your copy of Gears of War 4 and get the entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection for use on Xbox One!*

A new saga begins for one of the most acclaimed video game franchises in history. After narrowly escaping an attack on their village, JD Fenix and his friends, Kait and Del, must rescue the ones they love and discover the source of a monstrous new enemy. Never Fight Alone: Enjoy two-player co-op campaign with friends locally via split-screen or over Xbox Live. Player 2 can select either Kait or Del. Horde 3.0: Team up with four others and battle wave after wave of increasingly difficult enemies by choosing your combat class, leveling up your skills and deploying fortifications anywhere on the map. Explosive Versus Multiplayer: Compete online in new and favorite game types, all at 60fps on dedicated servers. A new visible ranking system means fairer matchmaking for social, competitive and professional players alike.

*Requires broadband internet to download, and 70-80 GB of hard drive space. Offer not available in Japan or China. The Xbox 360 Gears of War collection includes Xbox 360 titles Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3 and Gears of War: Judgment. Each title works as part of the Xbox One Backward Compatibility program. 32GB of hard drive space required. To qualify, purchase and redeem Gears of War 4 on Xbox Live by December 31 2016. Tokens for download will be sent in waves through Xbox Live in-dash message system within one month of redemption. Must be 17+. Xbox One, broadband internet (ISP fees apply) and Xbox Live membership required. Not available in all markets. See www.GearsofWar.com for the latest information.

PC gamers won't get the PC version fo Gears of War. ;(

Broken sarcasm meter detected. :p

oof. Won't have time for Horde. :/

Maybe I can save up for a 1070 in the meantime.

.............or just wait for next wave of GPUs. o_O

-------

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...aphics-and-performance-guide?__prclt=E6cisemk
I struggled with this one.
Figured 1070 is probably okay (edit: so I bought one for $650 CAD tax in). 2020/2019 will give AMD a serious and thorough look again. Especially with the way engines are changing. If PS5 and XB1-2 go AMD, really need to make some assumptions about how engines will be made going forward, I do not think ti would be considered an incorrect statement to feel that games will begin to bias AMD over time.
Likely sell of this gsync monitor as well. This ecosystem lock in really hurt me.

I would be of I wasnt busy with other stuff like work Friday and family birthday events to attend on Saturday. I was tempted to call in Friday but its a department event day and really shouldn't miss that.

I've been avoiding any campaign vidz to avoid spoilers. I've pre-ordered the standard edition so I'll have to wait until Tuesday as there is no way I'm paying for the Ultimate Ed.

The game is already downloaded onto my X1.

I dont know why more people dont complain about the "pay $99, play 4 days early" stuff. Which AFAIK is an increasing trend.

I mean, I'm a capitalism guy, I'm ok with most anything, the market will accept or reject it and it's all good. But I'm just saying, if people are going to kvetch about DLC and stuff all the time, this seems just as bad. But it doesn't get the Tards like Angry Joe or Neogaf on the case, unless I just missed it.

I didn't get it to play early, I got it because, from what I saw and could tell, the price of the main game plus season pass was more expensive than the Ultimate edition. This applies to both Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4.

I dont know why more people dont complain about the "pay $99, play 4 days early" stuff. Which AFAIK is an increasing trend.

I mean, I'm a capitalism guy, I'm ok with most anything, the market will accept or reject it and it's all good. But I'm just saying, if people are going to kvetch about DLC and stuff all the time, this seems just as bad. But it doesn't get the Tards like Angry Joe or Neogaf on the case, unless I just missed it.

I probably don't see anything wrong with it since things like this have existed on PC for over a decade now. Except in that case it's usually if you pre-order, you get to play the game up to a week earlier than everyone else. And in the case of crowdfunding, you can start playing the game months before everyone else albeit in a beta or alpha state.

It also exists for EA games for PC and Xbox players if you use EA access.

Regards,
SB

Back