Gear of War: Ultimate (remaster) [XO]

I just played a little bit of the beta and it doesn't look that much better to me. I know in side by sides comparisons it easy to see the improvements, but it's just not clicking for me.

The Coalition has said that there will be additional content, so I may buy when reduced....$20-$25 sounds about right to me if there is enough stuff added.

Lets hope by 'additional content' they don't mean just custom skins for the weapons or players.

Lets hope by 'additional content' they don't mean just custom skins for the weapons or players.
I hope so! Back in the day I purchased a pack of skins for everything and similar stuff in Gears of War 3 and spent 60€ that I never ever used. How much it hurts when I think of that nowadays. I didn't play online at all, and spent all that money for silly skins..

Search your feelings, Kung Fuhrer.

You know it to be true.o_O

Anya \o/

:rolleyes:

I hope so! Back in the day I purchased a pack of skins for everything and similar stuff in Gears of War 3 and spent 60€ that I never ever used. How much it hurts when I think of that nowadays. I didn't play online at all, and spent all that money for silly skins..
Mein got. why.

I mean, I picked up a few weapon skins from XBL Rewards dollars, but.. the whole thing? O_O

Nothing finer than having Cole train show up to battle with flowers. :mrgreen:

Yeah, the MP looks pretty bad in a number of areas. SP seems to be handled better. Hopefully it's just a case of WIP.

The water in particular just lacks... character. And they even removed some of the statues on Canals. Very strange change.

Not too fussed about the lighting difference, but it seems they kinda missed the point about "destroyed beauty"

Yeah, the MP looks pretty bad in a number of areas. SP seems to be handled better. Hopefully it's just a case of WIP.

The water in particular just lacks... character. And they even removed some of the statues on Canals. Very strange change.

Not too fussed about the lighting difference, but it seems they kinda missed the point about "destroyed beauty"
I loved Gears of War 1, it was a game that helped to define a great generation like any other. But I also spent years criticising the grey art style of the original, for casual or cores alike. So I am thankful for those changes in that sense, and specially the framerate.

I'm confused, is this one game or all three? I just read it was the first, but I always thought it was a collection.

It's just the first. Never seen anything about a collection other than forum speculation.

I really like the color scheme of the original Gears, this blueish gritty look fits perfectly to the Gears universe and sets the right tome for the gruesome battle.

With every iteration of Gears, the devs warmed up the color scheme (and weather!)...and I just think it doesn't fit so well to the Gears universe...and now they do this to the remaster as well. Fighting the Horde in a nice and warm sunny perfect day just takes away from the atmosphere imo.

I hope that as in the Halo remakes, they allow to switch to original graphics in the option menu on the fly!

Gears1 on X360 is still a looker to me!

I really like the color scheme of the original Gears, this blueish gritty look fits perfectly to the Gears universe and sets the right tome for the gruesome battle.

With every iteration of Gears, the devs warmed up the color scheme (and weather!)...and I just think it doesn't fit so well to the Gears universe...and now they do this to the remaster as well. Fighting the Horde in a nice and warm sunny perfect day just takes away from the atmosphere imo.

I hope that as in the Halo remakes, they allow to switch to original graphics in the option menu on the fly!

Gears1 on X360 is still a looker to me!
In fact, since I never owned one, only got to play stuff at firends' places, I was thinking of getting a used 360 to play HAlo ODST and Reach, Forza Horizon and Gears 2 and 3, but I still dread the RROD on used units and , well, its still not cheap enough. OTOH, I still see nothing new on X1 to get that for, now that it has Backwards compatibility. HALO5 doesn't look like Halo to me and new GEars 4 stuff looks like a spinoff by another studio, Quantum Break doesn't ignite the gamer streak in me and thats about it. Hoping to find a cheap 360 sometime.

It looks a lot different than the original, i really like the new cutscenes, much better, but i have mixed feelings about the rest.

So they port the PC version of the original game to Xbox One and port it back to the PC then?

SCNR

I dont think so. From what I could tell from the beta, it felt like a continual upgrade of the Gears Judgement engine.

Back