Gear of War: Ultimate (remaster) [XO]

MP horde modes ala Gears 2+3 is a must. Bonus if they have Judgement's hordelike modes too, but classic horde is a must have.

MP horde modes ala Gears 2+3 is a must. Bonus if they have Judgement's hordelike modes too, but classic horde is a must have.
Well, the information about the game has been apparently leaked in a Russian web already.

The game will feature: Dedicated servers, 60 fps and 7.1 sound. Gears of War 1 campaign with all the extra content from the PC version. New game modes for multiplayer, 19 maps, including DLC and PC maps. Launch date: 25th August 2015.

I guess not for me then. I want a compilation remaster before I jump in, not this piecemeal releases...I'm greedy I know.

I'll buy a Gears release just for the Horde mode. Best online co-op experience in existence IMO.

I love Gears campaigns, but spent hundreds of hours playing Horde/2.0

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-ultimate/xbox-one
large_prison2_xboxone-e7044f088443425f8cd272fed30fc794.jpg

large_delta2_xboxone-582c10c417e347c88dd9a20920dc6db1.jpg

Yup, just the first game. It sounds like they might be using the Gears 3 code-base.

Modernized gameplay with smoother movement and updated controls:
  • Alternate Controls and all new Tournament Controls
  • All controls tuned for Xbox One
  • Adding the Gears of War 3 features you love: Enemy Spotting, Multiplayer Tac-Com, Improved sensitivity customization
17 unlockable Gears of War 3 characters for Multiplayer progression

heh.

Guess they might as well do it right unlike the MCC situation.

90 mins of new gameplay & extra maps from the PC version? Okay, how about new achievements worth 1250 Gamerscore. Yes, Wavey, I'm talking to you. ;)

Tommy McClain

I honestly think this is a lot more appealing to the eye than Gears 4 at the moment. If it hadn't been for the monster in the Gears 4 trailer, the footage might as well have been from another one of these insufferably bland looking Army of Two games. The beefcake art style is fun, not to mention tons more memorable.

Yeah, the Gears 4 stuff looked... early/rough. :s Have zero context or idea as to what's going on. They should have done a trailer to get folks up to speed like the 1st gears & E-day. The monster reveal is nothing compared to the Berserker crashing through the wall that first time.

The hallway tentacles and goop looked pretty poor for what is a one-man wide corridor. Even Gears 2 did nicer art inside the Giant Worm.

Last edited:
I honestly think this is a lot more appealing to the eye than Gears 4 at the moment. If it hadn't been for the monster in the Gears 4 trailer, the footage might as well have been from another one of these insufferably bland looking Army of Two games. The beefcake art style is fun, not to mention tons more memorable.
Gears 4 didn't impress me either. Man, how much mock the sweaty muscular marines have received because it was cliché and all, but Gears of War 1 made the cliche fun. Cole was fun, Marcus was fun, Baird was fun, everyone hated Carmine. The entire Alpha Squad was fun. Gears of War 1 -and only 1- appealed to core and casual fans alike.

They were characters that everyone would want in a kart game, if you know what I mean. Like the Donkey Kong character in Mario KArt games, my favourite btw. Slow acceleration but killer speed and strong as a rock.

Sounds like they really did rebuild everything. Looks pretty good for a remaster. Baird looks a bit weird though.

Back