Gear of War: Ultimate (remaster) [XO]

I assume it would be a similar situation as arkham knight. They have all the tools etc done to quickly make another gears or just upgrade the renderer and replace assets.

Bear in mind, if their target is 1080p60, I wouldn't bet on UE4's renderer on Xbox one.

I thought Fable Legends was UE4 and if we assume the next gears is UE4 this could be an useful learning exercise helping tool development?

I thought Fable Legends was UE4 and if we assume the next gears is UE4 this could be an useful learning exercise helping tool development?
Who said fable was going to be 1080p60?

Also, it's extremely likely this is being farmed out.

Remaster Trilogy or no buy for me. I may pick it up again if it is Gears 1 only, but it will be as a used game.

Hopefully not.

Karma it is, now we know that the images and the footage are legitimate.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-15-microsoft-takes-on-gears-of-war-xbox-one-leakers

The leakers didn't fulfil their part and they got banned. I didn't know a company can brick your console if they want to.

The console isn't bricked. You can use it all you want offline.

You violated the terms of the online service so you're banned from the online service. This is exactly the same things they did on xbox 360 and Sony did similar items to PS3 for piracy.

Rather curious if they'll be making previously recorded cut-scenes as real-time now or...

hm... Then there's the corpser... the train... brumak...

I spend nights and nights playing Gears 1 online.

I hope they don't introduce some of the Gears2 and Gears3 fancy schmancy 'improvements' and changes.

Pleeeeease, keep it clean. Let me just dance around with my shotty!

Please just copy the game and add dedicated servers...

I spend nights and nights playing Gears 1 online.

I hope they don't introduce some of the Gears2 and Gears3 fancy schmancy 'improvements' and changes.

Pleeeeease, keep it clean. Let me just dance around with my shotty!

Please just copy the game and add dedicated servers...
Release it this summer, please please. I wouldn't mind having some mindless GeoW fun some minutes every night. A good game for the summer.

Oddly enough, the original Gears of War was a game that hardcores and casual alike liked a lot!

A neighbour of mine who had never had a console and is now on his early 40s purchased the X360 like 6 years ago with that game, and he told me one day how impressed he was with it and how fun it was.

They seem to be using SSR and the floor seems to have POM or is tessellated. And this is quite the old build. The beta started in Feb...I am sure we will see more at E3. I really enjoyed G1 when it came out.

Looks more like a baked reflection and just high res normal mapping to me. *shrug*

The gnasher SFX seems new or maybe a higher quality version of the original.

I hope they add in the content from the PC release. Does anyone have first hand experience with GoW for PC? How much more content is included?

Also wanna say the game looks pretty good!!! This is probably alpha footage as well.

Just wanna add that expecting a trilogy every time a remaster is done is a bit silly. People need to check their expectations.

Noooooo, no horde mode.
Just pure classic Gears 1 I want, not the fancy humbug....otherwise I have to play hours and hours of Horde because my friends are all trophy whores!

I hope they add in the content from the PC release. Does anyone have first hand experience with GoW for PC? How much more content is included?

There's a few chapters in between the Brumak escape and arriving at the train station. It was decent from what I remember. The last section was fun. The game was really buggy for me at the time, so I didn't bother replaying it though. Otherwise it had higher res textures & 60fps, but not much else.

Just wanna add that expecting a trilogy every time a remaster is done is a bit silly. People need to check their expectations.

Yeah, it's a pretty big undertaking to get the engine and assets up to speed for another platform, let alone getting everything functional. *cough* MCC *cough* They may have the high res models and textures lying around, but if they're going to switch out the lighting model, it's gonna take some time and effort to bake the new lightmaps (Lightmass GI) while keeping the feel of the original intact.

I'm not sure to what things you're referring, but there were a number of things they tweaked for the controls to make them seem more functional that would be rather terrible not to back-port (so-to-speak). Maybe it'd make the game too easy with the increased mobility, but all the directional movements and just snapping to cover felt so much more responsive in 3 and a lot less buggy. I always hated getting stuck on cover or taking a few frames too long for the roadie run to get back to normal or dodge.

It would change multiplayer sure, but... they can always leave that alone.

You'd be able to dance around with your shotty more effectively with the newer scheme. :p

Last edited:
Black Tusk is now "The Coalition"

https://twitter.com/CoalitionGears

CGl01wRUgAAEJf7.jpg:large

Well, new Gears of War site released. I signed in already! It's easy as pie, logged in with my Xbox account and had to do nothing, I can participate ther with my gamertag Ruin of Palmira. That was it.

https://gearsofwar.com

Appreciate the heads up. Signed in as well. I'm not sure if I will pick up the remaster unless there are some added gameplay missions or unless it's a compilation at a decent price.

Back