Gamersdepot with a review with 3DMARK 03 and 53.03

To worm, if he's still reading this thread: Newest MikroPC-magazine had some 3DMark'03 comparisons where 5900XT used 53.03 drivers. Maybe you should contact someone from their staff about it.

Miksu said:
To worm, if he's still reading this thread: Newest MikroPC-magazine had some 3DMark'03 comparisons where 5900XT used 53.03 drivers. Maybe you should contact someone from their staff about it.
PRINT media?!?! :oops:

:idea:

Hey, isn't it a lot easier to go after print media for legal crap and wouldn't it FINALLY bring this damned fiasco into the mainstream? 8)

Go for it FM, GO FOR IT!!!! :devilish:

digitalwanderer said:
PRINT media?!?! :oops:

Well, I figured that because that magazine is "local" to Futuremark, they should be able to contact the authors easily.

I've written to MikroPC once, after they published their video card comparison in the last ~September. The winner was FX5900Ultra because "it has the best DX9-support and it will own everything after the DX9-titles are launched".

edit: Spelling, wrong dates etc etc.

Very interesting. :oops:

MikroPC is right in FM's backyard. I'm very anxious to see what happens here & if FM finally has the backbone to take the necessary legal steps to put this to a halt & make an example out of MPC. :devilish:

Odds are they won't do a damn thing tho' except maybe send an email & ask them not to do it again.

A pattern of not enforcing the EULA is emerging & if they ever try to enforce it > this 'pattern' will negate any authority under (California) law to enforce it.

This'll be the third strike against FM for a lot of ppl, IMO, if they don't do something harsh & well w/in their rights.

Ball is in your court FM. What ya gonna do? ;)

Actually FM doesn't have to go the barricuda route to get the results in this case, all they have to do is to get a dialogue going with the magazine and hopefully get the magazine to print up a correction with an explanation about why those drivers shouldn't be used.

That would be enough. :devilish:

we HAVE TO ASK OURSELVES WHAT THE RESULT WILL BE OF FM putting their foot down.

We could just see a one paragraph mention in NEXT months edition or a new policy of not using 3DMark03.

Perhaps we have come to expect instant solutions to issues!

The speed of the internet may have made us forget the monolithic inertia of corporations.

digitalwanderer said:
Actually FM doesn't have to go the barricuda route to get the results in this case, all they have to do is to get a dialogue going with the magazine and hopefully get the magazine to print up a correction with an explanation about why those drivers shouldn't be used.

:oops: :?

You must be smokin' some mellow sh!t, brother. ;)

'Sweep it under the rug & let's do another nV 'dialogue' ' ?

I'm a little amazed, Digi.

Hopefully everyone will read the article & remember it, huh? You gotta be kidding. Ever even hear of MikroPC? Think all the other mags/websites will read the article? :LOL: Think they'll then 'see the light' & use "Approved" drivers because they'd be scared to have a 'dialogue' w/FM. Pleeeze!

MPC is right in FM's backyard. The mere thought that they weren't aware of the EULA & this issue is laffable, to me. I see this as an intentional violation just to see what FM will do. MCP & the others have no fear doing as they please (satisfying nV) & they know FM won't do anything about it but 'dialogue'.

:devilish:

just me said:
digitalwanderer said:

:oops: :?

You must be smokin' some mellow sh!t, brother. ;)

'Sweep it under the rug & let's do another nV 'dialogue' ' ?

I'm a little amazed, Digi.

Hopefully everyone will read the article & remember it, huh? You gotta be kidding. Ever even hear of MikroPC? Think all the other mags/websites will read the article? :LOL: Think they'll then 'see the light' & use "Approved" drivers because they'd be scared to have a 'dialogue' w/FM. Pleeeze!

MPC is right in FM's backyard. The mere thought that they weren't aware of the EULA & this issue is laffable, to me. I see this as an intentional violation just to see what FM will do. MCP & the others have no fear doing as they please (satisfying nV) & they know FM won't do anything about it but 'dialogue'.

:devilish:

Ok, ok...I prefer the "nail their nuts to the wall" approach personally anyways. :)

Miksu said:
We are getting the latest issue of the magazine and looking into it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Back