Gamecube hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
something very interesting

fbc0d070.jpg

Red is basically a typical RISC thing with instructions per second. It's a good thing to be small.

Blue is Floating Points Per Opperation. The higher the better.

Yellow is Bandwidth. Higher means better as well.

Everything on that chip is backed up by anti-aliasing. As for the frame-rates running faster, no.. That's not true. X-Box pictures just look "slighly" better becuase it has single-pass full scene anti-aliasing; in contrast to PS2s multi-pass full scene Anti-aliasing

again not all xbox games use FSAA. as for multipass PS2 AA (if we are assuming some sort of Edge AA) even less use that.

not sure where you are going with the graph thing you just posted.

notAFanB said:
Everything on that chip is backed up by anti-aliasing. As for the frame-rates running faster, no.. That's not true. X-Box pictures just look "slighly" better becuase it has single-pass full scene anti-aliasing; in contrast to PS2s multi-pass full scene Anti-aliasing

again not all xbox games use FSAA. as for multipass PS2 AA (if we are assuming some sort of Edge AA) even less use that.

Examples?????.....

friedsnake said:
notAFanB said:

Examples?????.....

top of my head:

Halo
DOA3
PGR
Panzer dragoon Orta.

actually can you name a few xbox titles that do use AA? ( I haven't personnel come across any that stick to mind).

EDIT:

actutually I am having a lot of trouble finding hte article on xbox architecture that you described. any pointers for the search.

friedsnake said:
notAFanB said:

Examples?????.....

you are right, xbox can push more polys than gc or ps2, only without FSAA - i havent played/seen a game on xbox without FSAA(built-in)

notAFanB said:
friedsnake said:
notAFanB said:

Examples?????.....

top of my head:

Halo
DOA3
PGR
Panzer dragoon Orta.

these games do have FSAA...

People, get a life...

This has turned from a mildly interesting (because seemingly few people have actual knowledge / experience on GC hardware) thread into one of those console-f.a.n.boy-wars-thing...

:(

Edit: why does f.a.n.boy get censored? ->fanboy<-

notAFanB said:

really? proof pls.

do you know that xbox dev can use only FSAA?...xbox cannot do any other form of AA(without radical perfromance hit) in software mode just like ps2, so do you think these games do not have anti-aliasing?...then why there is a minimal amount of jaggies compared to ps2's custom AA?

notAfanB

Think of him like a big, dumb, dinosaur. If you stop moving (replying in this case), and stay very still and quiet.. slowly he'll back off and leave everyone alone. With a little luck he'll trip on a log and break his neck too, but that's just wishful thinking!

zurich said:
notAfanB

Think of him like a big, dumb, dinosaur. If you stop moving (replying in this case), and stay very still and quiet.. slowly he'll back off and leave everyone alone. With a little luck he'll trip on a log and break his neck too, but that's just wishful thinking!

so you think this about Konami, Capcom, Polyphony and others :LOL:

Way to ruin a good thread friedsnake with mis-information and stupidity.

BTW people I think when he says FSAA he means flicker filtering & non field rendering.

friedsnake said:
notAFanB said:

really? proof pls.

and what about you, man?...

it was a rethorical comment. the point is I can't find the facts supporting your line of though (and I am looking....*sleep*). the best we can come to here is that neither of us know what we are talking about unless of course you are priv to some undisclosed inside source.

regarding the FSAA I do not see it in those titles I'm sorry.what I do see is some noticable aliasing (it's bleeding horrible on PGR). I don't see how this can be settled without some dev chipping in.

Proteus said:
Way to ruin a good thread friedsnake with mis-information and stupidity.

BTW people I think when he says FSAA he means flicker filtering & non field rendering.

haha, i have at least a proof...

btw FSAA= full screen anti-aliasing you idiot.

notAFanB said:
friedsnake said:
notAFanB said:

really? proof pls.

and what about you, man?...

it was a rethorical comment. the point is I can't find the facts supporting your line of though (and I am looking....*sleep*). the best we can come to here is that neither of us know what we are talking about unless of course you are priv to some undisclosed inside source.

regarding the FSAA I do not see it in those titles I'm sorry.what I do see is some noticable aliasing (it's bleeding horrible on PGR). I don't see how this can be settled without some dev chipping in.

i guess youve never played on ps2, you look like a pc gamer, ps2 games(most of them) have much more jaggies compared to xbox games - and thats a current fact that will maybe change in the future(which i doubt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back