Gamecube hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
but doa3 just like tekken 4 doesnt push more than 5 million polys and thats a fact.

do you have anything to back up this 'fact' or are supposed to accept this.

DOA3 on occasion was transforming around 14+MPPS. this is with significant Multitexturing, skinning and a skeletal animation scheme(someone care to clarify).

I am still waiting for where you got this:

xbox can push max. of 12 million polys at 60fps, with textures and FSAA on

EDIT:
Well, Microsoft was nice to include a "(anti-aliased)" next to it. What does "4.0 GPixels (anti-aliased)", mean? It's misleading. The Xbox has hardwired 4x FSAA, when this is turned on the actual total of 1.0 GPixels is re-rendered 4 times to remove aliasing.

then not only is that figue true, it's not even misrepresented.

btw not that many games on Xbox do use 4XMSAA particularly when the dev wants that fillrate to go elsewhere (DOOM3?).

[/quote]

that is very rough...an this is not theory, theoretically, its about 31 million polys....if you think that information from developers is not enough, well then.

friedsnake said:

that is very rough...an this is not theory, theoretically, its about 31 million polys....if you think that information from developers is not enough, well then.[/quote]

I don't know want to think until you show me where you got this from. all you've given me are your conclusion not details for me to reach my own.

PS: you seem to be doing this alot actually, stating rather contreversal things for a fact and not giving any of us an idea of where/how you reah these interesrting ideads.

friendsnake:actually jak and daxter does push more then 10 million polys it was said some where ill try to find it . Also the so called fact about tekken 4 and Doa3 is false Doa3 alone has 17 000 to 20 000 polys in each character. And thats a fact it was stated in some interview if im not mistaken. I know u can say that im speaking bunch of BS but trust on this one min what ur saying about these games is completly false.

btw not that many games on Xbox do use 4XMSAA particularly when the dev wants that fillrate to go elsewhere (DOOM3?).

xbox has hardwired 4x FSAA, and not many devs turn it off from what ive played on xbox, every game is ultra sharp compared to ps2 games.

notAFanB said:
friedsnake said:

that is very rough...an this is not theory, theoretically, its about 31 million polys....if you think that information from developers is not enough, well then.

I don't know want to think until you show me where you got this from. all you've given me are your conclusion not details for me to reach my own.

PS: you seem to be doing this alot actually, stating rather contreversal things for a fact and not giving any of us an idea of where/how you reah these interesrting ideads.[/quote]

ask any developer, i am tired to find sources of all that...

friedsnake said:

xbox has hardwired 4x FSAA, and not many devs turn it off from what ive played on xbox, every game is ultra sharp compared to ps2 games.

er FSAA doesn;t actually sharpen images. the images are pretty clean because they are rendered full height in the frame buffer (probable a flicker filter in there as well).

ask any developer, i am tired to find sources of all that...

I wish I had the luxurie of going up to devs and not gettting a restraining order slapped on me.

as for articles online, I read a few and none give any impression of such low fiques nor extensive FSAA use. in fact even the devs on this forum are pretty pleased regarding the Xbox.

7upac said:
friendsnake:actually jak and daxter does push more then 10 million polys it was said some where ill try to find it . Also the so called fact about tekken 4 and Doa3 is false Doa3 alone has 17 000 to 20 000 polys in each character. And thats a fact it was stated in some interview if im not mistaken. I know u can say that im speaking bunch of BS but trust on this one min what ur saying about these games is completly false.

DOA3 characters can have so many polys, but that doesnt change the fact that doa3 doesnt push more than 5 million polys...

here, for you, interview with Rubin after jak release

We are not having a problem with the texture space at Naughty Dog. I guess only time will tell whether or not this is a problem for other developers.

Question: Can you give us some tech info about Ps2?Is it really possible pushing 10+ million polygons/sec while applying FSAA, high quality textures and running a highly advanced physics engine?

Jason Rubin: To answer your question directly: Yes, I do believe that that is possible. You are talking about 166,000 polygons a frame at sixty frames a second, and I not only believe that to be true. I KNOW it to be true.

notAFanB said:
friedsnake said:

er FSAA doesn;t actually sharpen images. the images are pretty clean because they are rendered full height in the frame buffer (probable a flicker filter in there as well).

i meant the games have minimal amount of jaggies....compared to ps2 games, and flickering is a part of aliasing...

btw, you want sources?...then why wont you include them too?...i wanna see it, ps2vsconsole.com lol

meant the games have minimal amount of jaggies....compared to ps2 games, and flickering is a part of aliasing...

btw, you want sources?...then why wont you include them too?...i wanna see it, ps2vsconsole.com lol

because the 'facts' are already well established regarding the capabilities of the xbox. the burden of proof most certainly does not lie on my side.

I look around to see where you are coming from.

PS: again pls layoff the playground attitude of laughing ppl off it's irritating.
[/quote]

"because the 'facts' are already well established regarding the capabilities of the xbox. the burden of proof most certainly does not lie on my side."

:LOL:

so you do not have to have a source and i do?... very well then,

well, do you know the facts? comparison of CPU's performance

Nintendo
GAMECUBE-
IBM PowerPC 128-Bit - 405Mhz
13.0 GFLOPS

Sony Playstation 2-
Emotion Engine 128-Bit - 300Mhz
6.2 GFLOPS

Microsoft X-Box-
Pentium III - 32-Bit - 733Mhz
2.0 GFLOPS

GC has the most powerful CPU, believe or not.

As for X-Box GPU. The costom Nvidia GPU that the X-Box uses is actually more powerful then the PS2s GS. Everything on that chip is backed up by anti-aliasing. As for the frame-rates running faster, no.. That's not true. X-Box pictures just look "slighly" better becuase it has single-pass full scene anti-aliasing; in contrast to PS2s multi-pass full scene Anti-aliasing. Also, X-Box's GPU does it's own geometric calculations becuase the Pentium III is to weak to handle textures. The Emotion Engine does all of the geometrics for the PS2 before sending it up to the GS.

I guess i made a mistake with jak and daxter. But im telling Doa3 does push at least 10 million polys. I cant find any proof at the moment but Doa3 does push at least 10 million polys.

7upac said:
I guess i made a mistake with jak and daxter. But im telling Doa3 does push at least 10 million polys. I cant find any proof at the moment but Doa3 does push at least 10 million polys.

ok, whats the deal....if it pushes 10 million or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back