*Game Tech*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing I noticed when I popped in my PS3 version of Dead Space is that certain sounds sounded muffled compared to the 360 version, like the stomp. It's been a couple of days since I've played the 360 version though, so I could be remembering wrong.

Clearly he was as he quoted my post.
Not to belabor this too much, but your quote mentions both Dead Space and Fallout. Unless of course only one game features lightning. ;)

catisfit, the 360's greater range does lead to sort of overdone contrasts (though if I understand the histograms of each half of gm's ss's, the PS3's shot is darker overall and the 360 clips less black but slightly more white), but would you consider the areas I circled more "precise" on the PS3? Subtler, maybe, but not always in a good way.

If we didn't know it was a repeat texture and so should probably look like the wall above it, I'd almost think there was supposed to be some conduit running along that surface.

I guess they'd rather us pick nits than point out glaring differences or deficiencies.

ps3 depth of field missing intentionally

Dead Space PS3:
When accessing the store at the end of act1, you can see the depth of field effect.
When you leave the store, it stays with you for the whole time. You can see it when your head gets close to the screen, while aiming or accessing menus for example. Plus you can see it on some objects on the wall.

When you load however, be it going to act2 or reloading after dying, the effect is gone.

This disappoints me to no end...

Why is it gone from the ps3 version? 360 gameplay demonstrations have it.

I demand a patch like with bioshock ps3, lol :D
No seriously, can someone cap this or make screenshots?
I only have a 100hz philips widescreen crt (connected through full rgb i576), with no capture equipment.

Oh, yes. I missed the bit about the CRT. I'm used to everything being LCD where that's not a problem. Still, if you take several pics, at least one should have a portion you could crop out that shows the lack of DOF.

I could not get 2 same shots that were the same.

In the shot without DOF, the camera is positioned closer to the head, and it's a little bit blurry because of my poor capture method:

However, it is sharper than the shot which has the DOF effect, even though the head in that shot is farther away from the camera:

I had to resize the images to be able to upload, as they passed the imageshack 1.7 megabyte limit.

I don't have a comparison shot for this one, but you can clearly see the DOF in effect: the background is sharp, while the head is blurred.

Yes, I can see what you're saying. The near-side head should be out-of-focus, as in the XB360 version, but isn't (ignoring capture quality!).

I made these grabs from (gamersyde.com) supposedly retail 360 footage. Guess what?
..See for yourself

Anyway, it seems that they cut the effect completely out of the game, it only remains in the shop and upgrade sections. Can anyone with the xbox360 version confirm this?

I'm rather more surprised that there's been no talk about Dead Space PS3 regularly dropping to 20fps whereas the 360 version is pretty much locked at 30fps. I suppose on a more slowly-paced game like this, the drop isn't as noticeable as it would be in say, a racing game. But no way did this game lead on PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back