*Game Tech*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4x AA not means anything. Xenon will support better AA in any case, Rsx isn't suitable to have standard AA. And AA it isn't the right parameter to compare the better perfomance for the two platform. Better texture on ps3 imho I don't think there are only to justify the bad frame rate. It's how to say 4x AA on 360 there is only because better texture are impossible.

So let me get this right. Where hte360 is doing a better job than the ps3 it isn't important to compare , but where the ps3 is doing a better job it is ?

From what I can gather from all this

360s pluses

60fps most of the time
4x fsaa

Ps3 pluses
better textures in some places
some effects in some area's that are missing from the 360 are present in the ps3 verison.

As someone who has been in caves before in the xbox 360 verison i can clearly say that smoke is there on the top of some of the caves at least and I will try to povide a picture next time i'm in a cave.

So let me get this right. Where hte360 is doing a better job than the ps3 it isn't important to compare , but where the ps3 is doing a better job it is ?

360s pluses

60fps most of the time
4x fsaa

Ps3 pluses
some effects in some area's that are missing from the 360 are present in the ps3 verison.

As someone who has been in caves before in the xbox 360 verison i can clearly say that smoke is there on the top of some of the caves at least and I will try to povide a picture next time i'm in a cave.

I haven't said nothing of that or 360 has worse version or worse hit, read watchfully, I have just said high texture on ps3 there aren't only to justify the bad frame rate because it hasn't so much sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

360s pluses

60fps most of the time
4x fsaa

Ps3 pluses

More games on 360 are 30fps than 60fps, my friend.

More games on 360 are 30fps than 60fps, my friend.

thats great to throw out there with no facts to back it up. however I was speaking about fallout 3

haven't said nothing of that or 360 has worse version or worse hit, read watchfully, I have just said high texture on ps3 there aren't only to justfiy the bad frame rate because it hasn't so much sense.

From what I read of your post your saying the 4x fsaa doesn't matter. It matters alot. Its as important as any other effect or texture quality in the game. Its something that adds to the visual enjoyment of the game. Now its subjective about how important it is to each of us , but then so is everything else in this subject. However the 4x fsaa and from what i understand as a higher frame rate on the 360 are both advantages it has over the ps3. Some better textures (do not know the extent ) and some missing effects / diffrent effects (do not know the extent ) are some of the pluses the ps3 has in its advantage.

The real question is why are these advantages on each of the consoles ?

Are the better textures on the ps3 because of storage space problems ?

Are the missing effects on the 360 verison a bug or a lack of the extra power of the cell helping the rsx out in the ps3 .

That I can't answer for you.

360s pluses

60fps most of the time
4x fsaa

Ps3 pluses

Fallout 3 is capped at 30 fps for the both systems, with the 360 being steady with screen tearing, whereas the PS3 being inconsistent but V-locked. None of these are game breaker, so it's really a matter of preference ;)

thats great to throw out there with no facts to back it up. however I was speaking about fallout 3

From what I read of your post your saying the 4x fsaa doesn't matter. It matters alot. Its as important as any other effect or texture quality in the game. Its something that adds to the visual enjoyment of the game. Now its subjective about how important it is to each of us , but then so is everything else in this subject. However the 4x fsaa and from what i understand as a higher frame rate on the 360 are both advantages it has over the ps3. Some better textures (do not know the extent ) and some missing effects / diffrent effects (do not know the extent ) are some of the pluses the ps3 has in its advantage.

The real question is why are these advantages on each of the consoles ?

Are the better textures on the ps3 because of storage space problems ?

Are the missing effects on the 360 verison a bug or a lack of the extra power of the cell helping the rsx out in the ps3 .

That I can't answer for you.

:rolleyes: Why do you persist with this story? I never said nothing of that...we are in a technical forum to see the differences not to establish what is better on the graphics....

And it was never as high as 80mb originally. It was 72mb originally.

Send me a pm with info on your Sony contact, I've love to talk him into letting us use these lean sdks that you have access to. We lost "far more" than 80mb to OS and tools in the early days, it was brutal. Today it's better, but memory is still not at parity even if you use the bare minimum of features on PS3.

I must admit I'm a bit lost after the tech forum reshuffle, but is this now the "my console is better than your console" thread? :rolleyes:

Send me a pm with info on your Sony contact, I've love to talk him into letting us use these lean sdks that you have access to. We lost "far more" than 80mb to OS and tools in the early days, it was brutal. Today it's better, but memory is still not at parity even if you use the bare minimum of features on PS3.

I sincerely hope the above post puts an end to the armchair experts and their "my console is bigger than your console" nonsense.......

Clean up on aisle 3, Clean up on aisle 3 please ! ;)

This thread closed pending a clean-up and refinement of policy. A lot of people don't understand what the Tech Forum is about, and they'll be informed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back