Forza Motorsport [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Ironicaly this game has made me curious about GT7. So im wondering how FM and GT7 singel player modes compare?

I´m a very casual racing fan. I had some good times with GT3 on ps2, and played a bit FM on xbox360. Im not very interrested in cars. I think red is my facorite car color. I have zero interrest in tuning the different upgrades for cars to find the right balance, and I have no clue what all the different parts are. I cant think of anything more boring. I have my hands full just trying to do drive decently. I think these kinds of racers can be very fun. Trying to learn the correct line, and learning when to break and accelerate is a lot more engaging for me than something like Forza Horizon.

*Since Im not a die hard motorsport fan graphics do matter to me in these kinds of games, and GT7 does look more pleasing to me.

*GT7 seem to have the same kind of music and soundeffects in menus as GT3 and I quite like those. The music in FM seem a little pretentious to me. The voiceover when starting FM for the first time sounded very cringy to me. I prefer the vibe of GT7 more.

*The cafe mode seem like something I might enjoy, learning a little about car history while racing those cars seem fun.

*Im not sure how I feel about the car leveling stuff in FM. Its a bit grindy and a bit too gamiefied, on the other hand its nice to just swap your parts around wihout loosing any car points you have for that particular car. Earning credits to spend on cars and upgrades is also grindy and and you cant swap stuff around like in FM.

*Could GT7 get frustrating? The reverse feature in FM is a nice feature to have. But its easy to overuse it and take away from the excitement.

*Im getting serious gas for PSVR2. But all games so far seem to be small gimmicky stuff, except for GT7. Its alot of money for someone who´s a very casual racer fan. (If Alyx is released for PS5 I´ll by PSVR2 in a heartbeat.)

You guys who have played both, how do you think they compare?

GT7 is much better for your taste. Simply because gt7 give much more freedom from the get go.

Yes lots of stuff are locked behind the Cafe Quests. But many are already available outside Cafe.

While FM basically locked you in gt7 Cafe mode for prolonged period

It's not a conspiracy theory when he actually points out the evidence of the bias.

My opinion is that MS deserves the 8.5s for Halo Infinite, Starfield and FM. They aren't bad scores at all. To silence more critics though it would have been better if they were polished to 9+. That would get them into "I really wish I had an Xbox" territory.
I wouldn't give Halo Infinite more than 6 and I was relieved that Gamepass saved me 70bucks as I forced myself to play through this soulless experience. The boss fights were unpolished BS. You can see they tried to change things and create some phoney open world sandbox but there was no clear vision nor exciting plot line in my eyes. It never really clicked.

How this game would get 8.5 is beyond me.

P.S. I say that as a Halo 1-3/ODST fan but now consider the franchise completely stale and it needs a complete redesign of everything or be shelved.

I wouldn't give Halo Infinite more than 6 and I was relieved that Gamepass saved me 70bucks as I forced myself to play through this soulless experience. The boss fights were unpolished BS. You can see they tried to change things and create some phoney open world sandbox but there was no clear vision nor exciting plot line in my eyes. It never really clicked.

How this game would get 8.5 is beyond me.

P.S. I say that as a Halo 1-3/ODST fan but now consider the franchise completely stale and it needs a complete redesign of everything or be shelved.

Always interesting how people's experiences differ. I also love the Bungie Halo games while absolutely hating Halo 4 and 5. I was prepared to trash Halo: Infinite on launch ... but I loved Halo: Infinite and would have given that an 8.5 or a 9 out of 10 for the gameplay even though the end was obviously rushed.

Regards,
SB

GT7 is much better for your taste. Simply because gt7 give much more freedom from the get go.

Yes lots of stuff are locked behind the Cafe Quests. But many are already available outside Cafe.

While FM basically locked you in gt7 Cafe mode for prolonged period
did they fix multiplayer in gt7 yet ?

Forza Motorsport has a fantastic multiplayer mode, the driving experience is a new benchmark in console online multiplayer.

And the game is visually beautiful. All the best to Turn10!
The multiplayer is fun, and the driving is fantastic! That said, almost everything else is underwhelming.

Graphically it's not as good as the trailers, heck the PC version isn't even as detailed as the Xbox version in quality mode. It's missing trackside detail. DLSS/DLAA seems to not work properly, lots of shimmering and not even a real performance gain/hit for either. Some of the car shaders are frankly terrible and look loads worse than Horizon 5. Car colours are completely off, blacks look grey, and manufacture blacks which are darker than you can select look dark green. RTAO is definitely great but causes stuttering on my 3800x as the game is so insanely single threaded and when you turn it off there is absolutely no AO at all. MSAA would have been a nice option to have as the game is still forward rendered I assume. Heck you can't even turn AA off! RTGI will fix a lot of issues but still materials are poor, plastics don't look right, but it's car wheel that look the worst to me especially in showrooms, it's not even close to GT7 in that regard.

It's not a conspiracy theory when he actually points out the evidence of the bias.

My opinion is that MS deserves the 8.5s for Halo Infinite, Starfield and FM. They aren't bad scores at all. To silence more critics though it would have been better if they were polished to 9+. That would get them into "I really wish I had an Xbox" territory.
Simply accept that there are opinions of varying degrees and simply painting them under a different story to fuel personal fanboyism doesn't make them evidence.

Simply accept that there are opinions of varying degrees and simply painting them under a different story to fuel personal fanboyism doesn't make them evidence.

Some people are just willfully blind, I guess. The guy literally says he's going to make MS pay for acquiring studios and then he does by trashing games in reviews.

We shouldn't always be accepting of these bias theories, but the guy literally advertised his bias. Wake up!

Some people are just willfully blind, I guess. The guy literally says he's going to make MS pay for acquiring studios and then he does by trashing games in reviews.

We shouldn't always be accepting of these bias theories, but the guy literally advertised his bias. Wake up!
I see nothing wrong with what he said (or wore) in that pic eastmen posted. Are you referring to something else he said that shows he’s out to get MS?

BTW, that Metro.co.uk review that eastmen thinks points to bias is internally consistent. Metro says Hi-Fi Rush is the best MS exclusive but, given how few MS exclusives there were at the time, that’s not necessarily saying much. I don’t think they consider their score an accolade.

Last edited:

Even if we interpret as such, you find one outlier and suddenly it's subject for whining that the internet is coming to get your favorite console

I see nothing wrong with what he said (or wore) in that pic eastmen posted. Are you referring to something else he said that shows he’s out to get MS?

BTW, that Metro.co.uk review that eastmen thinks points to bias is internally consistent. Metro says Hi-Fi Rush is the best MS exclusive but, given how few MS exclusives there were at the time, that’s not necessarily saying much. I don’t think they consider their score an accolade.

Like I said , some can't see what is in front of their face. You are asking for more from dan but there is already enough damning information from Dan himself and is far outside of a normal deviation in review scores from his peers.

As for Metro they literally say they can't give it all the accolades it deserves because in thier opinion the xbox had too few releases which has nothing to do with that game. Imagine if Metro UK said Spider-man 2 is great and all but because it's the only Sony first party title in a while we can't give it the accolades it deserves..

The bias against MS is not only public but is being shouted by those who are doing it.

Like I said , some can't see what is in front of their face. You are asking for more from dan but there is already enough damning information from Dan himself and is far outside of a normal deviation in review scores from his peers.

As for Metro they literally say they can't give it all the accolades it deserves because in thier opinion the xbox had too few releases which has nothing to do with that game. Imagine if Metro UK said Spider-man 2 is great and all but because it's the only Sony first party title in a while we can't give it the accolades it deserves..

The bias against MS is not only public but is being shouted by those who are doing it.
Metro gave Spider-Man 2 an 8, too. Should I hire a PI to figure out whether their reviewer wore costumes appropriate to their position as a universal taste arbiter (e.g., Bubsy)? Do we only allow reviewers born with a heart full of neutrality?

I saw similar “score too low because spite” arguments in the comments section for Tom Chick’s reviews at Quarter to Three. Not everyone loves the same things. Get a few opinions, not just one. Better yet, read the review and see if you agree with or even care about the specific points it makes. I’ve looked up some of my favorite movies on imdb only to be surprised to find the user score lower than I expected. Doesn’t make the movie less watchable.

Metro gave Spider-Man 2 an 8, too. Should I hire a PI to figure out whether their reviewer wore costumes appropriate to their position as a universal taste arbiter (e.g., Bubsy)? Do we only allow reviewers born with a heart full of neutrality?

I saw similar “score too low because spite” arguments in the comments section for Tom Chick’s reviews at Quarter to Three. Not everyone loves the same things. Get a few opinions, not just one. Better yet, read the review and see if you agree with or even care about the specific points it makes. I’ve looked up some of my favorite movies on imdb only to be surprised to find the user score lower than I expected. Doesn’t make the movie less watchable.

Did they say they had to limit the accolades they gave it because of an arbitrary reason that isn't linked to the actual game itself ?

If not I don't see why you are bringing it out. Metro Literally told you why they were limiting its review score and that it is outside reasons not related to the game itself.

Did the reviewer for Quarter to Three also say that the Developers would pay because they purchased another company ?

wat de heck is this game...
  • mandatory unskippable cutscenes and races!
  • doesnt work with dualsense in 2023!
  • stutter galore!
how the heck did this get greenlit...
When one of the highlight criticisms is 'Microsoft 1st party game doesn't support Sony controller', I think we're definitely reaching pretty hard for outrage. Especially when you end with the suggestion that this game shouldn't have been released because of it. I feel like this is really just proving the point that there are definitely a lot of people who are really just out to seek flaws and things to complain about. You can see when things start to snowball and discourse starts to devolve into sheepish piling on.

Did they say they had to limit the accolades they gave it because of an arbitrary reason that isn't linked to the actual game itself ?

If not I don't see why you are bringing it out. Metro Literally told you why they were limiting its review score and that it is outside reasons not related to the game itself.
Again, they said accolades, not review score. Funnily enough, I just listened to the latest Friends per Second podcast and the four reviewers said the same thing about Spidey 2 at about 63mins: “In my mind it’s the best PS5 exclusive game. I know it’s not the deepest bench.” Sounds about the same to me, but maybe I’m being too generous.

Did the reviewer for Quarter to Three also say that the Developers would pay because they purchased another company ?
I didn’t see that (“the devs would pay”) in your pic.

I’m not saying it’s out of the realm of possibility. I just don’t see the evidence of anti-MS conspiracy in your two pics.

And I cannot stress how disingenuous* it seems to try to color otherwise reasonable statements with a pic of the guy in costume. Was he dressed as Kratos while he wrote the review? Is it not possible for him to like both God of War and Halo?

*I’m not saying you’re being disingenuous, just the person who made that collage. I’m sure you used it out of convenience.

Back