Forza Horizon 3 [XO, XPA]

Currently downloading the update, let's see how it goes :)

Edit: 4k60 now possible in Surfers Paradise!

forzahorizon35_9_20172uswa.jpg

forzahorizon35_9_2017a4s7h.jpg
you've a 1080 right? i think I can only achieve 4k@30 with a 1070. But we shall see tonight!

Watched a little bit of a stream of the hotwheels dlc and uh oh! It may not be for those who get motion sickness in games easily.

1080 Ti

The game runs much, MUCH better now. Full 16 thread usage, not a single frame drop in the Goliath race, not once!
you beast just less ~2x 1070 -- so this makes sense!
to confim, 4k60 ultra

Currently downloading the update, let's see how it goes :)

Edit: 4k60 now possible in Surfers Paradise!
Just giving an update here:
I can do 1080@60 locked but I can't have ultra settings flat out. I need to run dynamic mode in order to keep the micro stutter out. I'll try adding more system RAM, but not sure what's tanking my performance. I can try doing unlocked with gsync in a bit, but it's not going to help the stutter.
It detected my 'settings' and set me to 'medium'
a 1070... medium?
seriously? wtfff

edit: resolved. game mode off, 1080@60. Hitches whenever there's a huge amount of loading happening. But aside from that pretty good. I guess this is where consoles benefit most ah well. can't complain - time to try to up it higher with DSR now.

Last edited:
The game is definitely ram hungry, consumes around 7-8 gigs alone. Game mode seems to help on my rig.

These HotWheels DLC race tracks sure are fun to drive. It definitely makes it feel more like you're in motion than the normal tracks.

The game is definitely ram hungry, consumes around 7-8 gigs alone. Game mode seems to help on my rig.
Yea I have 16GB sitting on top of my PC uninstalled, so I'm definitely going to insert that now. Can't do anything about video ram, capped at 8.

Just giving an update here:
I can do 1080@60 locked but I can't have ultra settings flat out. I need to run dynamic mode in order to keep the micro stutter out. I'll try adding more system RAM, but not sure what's tanking my performance. I can try doing unlocked with gsync in a bit, but it's not going to help the stutter.
It detected my 'settings' and set me to 'medium'
a 1070... medium?
seriously? wtfff

edit: resolved. game mode off, 1080@60. Hitches whenever there's a huge amount of loading happening. But aside from that pretty good. I guess this is where consoles benefit most ah well. can't complain - time to try to up it higher with DSR now.
what are your full specs? just curious...

I can do 1080@60 locked but I can't have ultra settings flat out.
Your CPU is massively holding you back, i7 3770 here and 1440p60 is achievable with ease, I can do 1536p60 as well after the update (except in heavy rain conditions).

Last edited:
Your CPU is massively holding you back, i7 3770 here and 1440p60 is achievable with ease, I can do 1536p60 as well after the update (except in heavy rain conditions).
Would Ryzen 1500X hold back the experience too? I have this middle range card, the RX 570 and its capable of running Forza 3 Horizon at 1080p 60fps as seen in Digital Foundry video. But I wonder if the CPU would do well enough.

Please don't inline a bazillion pictures in this thread, especially when you're hot-linking to content elsewhere that disappears in a few weeks anyways; that isn't the thread's purpose.

Anyone that got an X1X and a 4K tv/monitor, try this game in 4K! I've been playing it on PC on my new monitor and it's blowing me away :)
I have twice tried to like this game but the combination of sin like driving in an arcade like fun space just didn't cut it for me. Every time I try to go offroad or do something crazy the SIM like realistic handling made it too stressful.
Funny that I enjoyed gt6 a lot, which is also a sim but there my concern was to drive well....here I see an open playground and my first instinct is to tear through it....but the moment I try my car goes out of control and crashes somewhere or just keeps sliding around while I wrestle to get it back in control. Thats my story of horizon 3 Demo sadly. -_-

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Back