Forza 4

Is anyone still playing this? After losing my save I haven't touched it until now.

I play here and there... I have not had a lot of time and the load times and the lack of friends here playing is a turn off. If you want to setup a race night some evening let me know a week or so in advance and I will see if I can schedule it in. I would love to run some laps with peeps here! :smile:

I have been playing almost nothing but this for about 3 months...

but.. I'm hardly racing, I'm car collecting, auctioning (buy low sell high), designing, making race car groups and setting and beating personal lap times. :D

it is soooo addictive since I found this groove. I've even become a real sports car racing fan.

After dusting off the 'ol 360, a cousin came over with some new games, including Forza 4.
I saw the pre-release material so I was pretty signed about the supposed IBL..
But when driving, I was severely disappointed. Not really because of the graphics, but the controls are really weak in my opinion. Worse yet, my DFGT does not appear to work, which is really said because I heard the controls get significantly better when you use a wheel. :(

Seeing the new Forza, I don't believe they are competing with GT anymore.
I think the developers played GT5 on the Ring, with day/night and just... gave up.

I have been playing almost nothing but this for about 3 months...

but.. I'm hardly racing, I'm car collecting, auctioning (buy low sell high), designing, making race car groups and setting and beating personal lap times. :D

it is soooo addictive since I found this groove. I've even become a real sports car racing fan.

I feel you :p With Forza 3, it was the same for me. I found myself spending a lot of time painting and trading cars. Actual racing.. meh :D

Is anyone still playing this? After losing my save I haven't touched it until now.

I am still playing this for 3-4 hours/week. Level 190ish now.

Friend of mine is a Porsche nut, I'm waiting for him to pick up the Porsche pack. Then I'll make him regret it by showing him that Lotus is the supreme brand of sports car.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played the game much since I lost my save a few months back. I'm down to play if you want to get a night set up for some races.

Seeing the new Forza, I don't believe they are competing with GT anymore.
I think the developers played GT5 on the Ring, with day/night and just... gave up.

It's an offshoot to the series, made by an entirely different team. Nothing like what you describe here.

I haven't played the game much since I lost my save a few months back. I'm down to play if you want to get a night set up for some races.

It's an offshoot to the series, made by an entirely different team. Nothing like what you describe here.

From the trailer it appeared as though it is a much more 'casual' / fun type game.
Are you saying that a new GT-style Forza could is in development as well?
I remember hearing that MS would love to bring back the well acclaimed PGR-series, but change it into a circuit racer. If it's a entirely different team for the 'new' Forza game then that could be a big possibility! :)
Regardless, the new Forza game looks really fun.

Now that you have that out of your system, and noting that it is completely OT and inflammatory, and you don't like/play the game, please don't re-enter the thread. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

/The Internet

From the trailer it appeared as though it is a much more 'casual' / fun type game.
Are you saying that a new GT-style Forza could is in development as well?
I remember hearing that MS would love to bring back the well acclaimed PGR-series, but change it into a circuit racer. If it's a entirely different team for the 'new' Forza game then that could be a big possibility! :)
Regardless, the new Forza game looks really fun.

it (Horizon) has almost nothing to do with the connection of Forza 1/2/3/4/5 /

it is its own entity going after a different market. FM5 wil most likely be the blockbuster launch title with Xbox 720.

your post sounds like you somehow believe that FM gave up being the alternative to GT... :nope:

This has been the only game I have played the last months (tho, not so much now in the summer) Have really gotten the hang of tuning cars and even have some lap times in the top 1000...

I haven't played the game much since I lost my save a fewmonths back. I'm down to play if you want to get a night set up for some races.

Hi kagemaru. If you need a jump start with some cars or some cash, send me a message on xbl. (I think I have you on my friend list)

Would also be down with some races with you guys here. Tho being on CET it may not be to easy to find a time that works for you guys over the pond :(

As I asked in the Trails Evo thread.
Would anyone be interested in a "competition" similar to what Acert has been running here in Trails.Evo, in Forza 4? (Someone picks a track, car/car class and we see who gets the best lap time)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I would be up for that...

Oh, wait, do I sense a bit of revenge served cold coming my way?

I like my revenge served hot, thank you. Just try not to kick too much gravel up in my face as you smoke me!

This has been the only game I have played the last months (tho, not so much now in the summer) Have really gotten the hang of tuning cars and even have some lap times in the top 1000...

Hi kagemaru. If you need a jump start with some cars or some cash, send me a message on xbl. (I think I have you on my friend list)

Would also be down with some races with you guys here. Tho being on CET it may not be to easy to find a time that works for you guys over the pond :(

As I asked in the Trails Evo thread.
Would anyone be interested in a "competition" similar to what Acert has been running here in Trails.Evo, in Forza 4? (Someone picks a track, car/car class and we see who gets the best lap time)

Hey thanks for the offer! :D

I would ask NavNuc first though, I'm not sure how much more time I'd dedicate to the game and he lost his save as well. If you still feel like giving, sure I'll take anything you're willing to give away. GT is Kage Maru

Also I'm down to play some races, give us a time and I'll try to be there.

Recently bought a HDMI capture box (Hauppauge! HD PVR2). So to test it out I made a video of me hooning around Maple Vally in one of my favorite cars (BMW M5, sporting a Beyond3D livery made by Graham i think)

Anyway, thought I would share it with you guys :)

Nice. I love Maple Valley--we need to play soon so you can whoop me. Maybe I can be a 650 lvl car to your 500? :p

I really love FM4. I just wish it had a LAN mode so its online would never die and no need to Live to play local. Love us some split screen!

Back