Forza 4

Same here. I've played Forza 4 for aboout 12-14 hours in total -approx. can't say exactly-, and I got the handle of the game naturally. I don't know why, it might be I just really liked the game, because in Forza 3 I was pretty average. I liked Forza 3, it was a notable improvement over 2, but it somehow lacked something for me.

After the first couple of days with the game, everything went smoothly and I progressed many levels -54 now- by playing Rival challenges, mostly. In some cases I scored like 200.000 CR.

To me it's like learning to ride a bike. Once you learnt you will know how to ride one all your life. Whenever I am back I could be ready to compete...

But I don't care that much though. The other day I beat my time in a Rivals challenge after 4 laps, by almost 2 seconds. This means 5-10 minutes at most. And switched to another game.

I also played a little yesterday's night, after playing Skyrim. 15 minutes or so, and I beat my best time in Rivals mode with the Viper SRT10 '08, by 800 ms.

It's a pretty good game to have and keep in your collection. The best racing game I've seen to date on a Xbox -1 and 360-

It really is an exceptional game, however it requires some time and effort to get the rewards. Typically I find this through the stock lobbies in multiplayer - a 16 player race on the 'nurb in R class cars is simply frightening... Being in a pack of cars on a blind corner, when suddenly the front of the car goes airborne and the steering wheel goes light - scared the heck out of me :mrgreen: Battling for position on the carousel... You can't trust your knowlege of the track but you have to push just a bit above your actual ability - trust in luck. It's fantastic. Then you find after finishing 4th that the guy in 1st was 20+ seconds faster than you :p

I think you have to be in the right mood to play it. It's certainly not a game to sit back and soak in, like skyrim.

I now have a replacement lamp for my projector so I'm about to get back into Forza. Pretty easy for me since I don't have Skyward or Skyrim I do have Skylanders though.

Just wanted to share some pictures from my first ever participation in a proper racing cup.

The theme for this cup was late 80s, early 90s touring cars. The cars we could chose was:
BMW M3 E30
Ford Sierra RS500
Mercedes Benz 190E 2.5 16v evo II

Class was B500 and the cars had to be RWD, original engine (no turbo etc)
All cars had to have full roll cage and track tires. Custom livery was also recommended.

The 5 tracks were:
1. Silverstone National Circuit. 12 laps
2. Catalunya National Circuit. 8 laps
3. Mugello Club Circuit. 12 laps
4. Hockenheimring Short Circuit. 11 laps
5. Nurburgring GP Short Circuit. 8 laps

1 mandatory pit stop in each race.

First a picture of my Beyond3D themed M3 :)

Group photo of the 11 cars racing.

Race 1. Silverstone Race Circuit. I placed 4th.
Start grid!

Picture from the race!

Last edited by a moderator:
continued!

Race 2. Circuit de Catalunya. I placed 5th.
Front runners going in to an s-curve.

More Action.

Race 3. Autodromo Del Mugello. I placed 3rd.
From the start line.

Lots of action behind me.

Race 4. Hockenheimring. I went of the track in a turn, so only 6th place.
First turn!

Mid race!

Continued part2!

Last Race. Nürburgring. Was leading the first few laps, 2nd place was in the bag but then disaster hapend in the last chicane. Ended up in 3rd place.
First turn, notice the B3D M3 in front.

Reverse angel.

Still in front.

I'm being overtaken right before the final turn :(

Anyway, placed 5th overall, not to shabby for my first outing with the big boys. And I got the FairPlay price, so I made a cool half million credits at the end of the day :D

If anybody wants to watch all the action, you can download replays from all 5 race in my Forza 4 Storefront.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna miss you from the group but alas I haven't played much BF or Forza this last week and my gaming hours are short. But we all need to plan to do some evening race sometime!

Gonna miss you from the group but alas I haven't played much BF or Forza this last week and my gaming hours are short. But we all need to plan to do some evening race sometime!

I should be on by mid-December. I will probably suck tons in the beginning.

Yeah, was bumed out that I had to leave the B3D group, but it was just more practical to join this local group I'm in now (a couple of real life friends is in this groupe asswell)

But I have some of you on my friend list and the rest of the B3D members I have added as favorites so I'll keep an eye on you all ;-)

And I'm always up for a game :)

Autoweek (I think it's a German magazine) made a video comparing the real life Lexus LFA to the Forza 4 Lexus LFA, and they mention the "skidding too much" issue in regards to the handling in the game.

They talk about this right after the 3 minutes 40 seconds mark, it's worth-watching:

After using the Viper SRT10 '08 quite a few times in the game, most of the other cars feel like F-Zero machines instead of cars. This game is amazing, and to me is the best racing game ever programmed for an Xbox console -I just miss a game similar to F-Zero on the X360-, but truth be told, this is something they should investigate and change in the next installment of the series.

It's the most famous Dutch car magazine. They seem to have the exact same criticisms that I have with regards to the handling, including the lack of grip, snappyness and the problem of starting to slide at 4th gear where the real thing can go flat out in 5th. What they also point out and what I hadn't picked up on, is that the road in Forza 4 is all as if a fresh layer of tarmac had just been put there, where the real thing gets new bits of tarmac only in small parts at a time, so is much less even.

@Onkl Björni: awesome reports. Those kinds of live racing with a good group are the best.

@Onkl Björni: awesome reports. Those kinds of live racing with a good group are the best.

Thanks :) and yes, live racing with a good group really takes the game to a new level :D

December DLC pack announced.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1213496p1.html

A few interesting cars, but I want more 90s era touring cars (Alfa Romeo 155/156, BMW 320is, Paugeot 406, Renault Laguna, Vauxhall Vectra, Honda Accord etc) and also the roadster version of the first gen BMW z4 & the 2010 BMW 3 series touring (station wagon), as that are my real life cars and it would be really fun to be able to drive them in Forza :)

A few interesting cars, but I want more 90s era touring cars (Alfa Romeo 155/156, BMW 320is, Paugeot 406, Renault Laguna, Vauxhall Vectra, Honda Accord etc) and also the roadster version of the first gen BMW z4 & the 2010 BMW 3 series touring (station wagon), as that are my real life cars and it would be really fun to be able to drive them in Forza :)

Seconded. Not enough fast sedans, and way too many ancient american crap muscle cars.

Cheers

Seconded. Not enough fast sedans, and way too many ancient american crap muscle cars.

Cheers

Yeah, I think there are enough American muscle cars, but maybe it's because Turn10 is an american developer (same as all the Supras and Skylines in the GT series)

Anyway, I made a grave mistake when listing touring cars! How could I forget the craziest touring car of them all, the BTCC spec Volvo 850 estate :)
http://motoren.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/volvo-850btcc.jpg

Always funny how one persons negative is another ones feature :) I love American cars, the more the better. On the other hand I have little interest in Japanese cars, they all mostly look the same to me, and are likewise are mostly terribly bland. But that's just me. One of the reasons I love Forza is it's the only racing game with a proper selection of American cars. You may want to instead check out GT5, it has a poor selection of American cars which makes it a weak game to me, but lots of boring Japanese cars which are of no use to me but you may dig it.

Always funny how one persons negative is another ones feature :) I love American cars, the more the better. On the other hand I have little interest in Japanese cars, they all mostly look the same to me, and are likewise are mostly terribly bland. But that's just me. One of the reasons I love Forza is it's the only racing game with a proper selection of American cars. You may want to instead check out GT5, it has a poor selection of American cars which makes it a weak game to me, but lots of boring Japanese cars which are of no use to me but you may dig it.
Americans cars are really nice, especially for weddings here in Europe. They look ideal for the bride and groom. Some people here rent classic American cars for that especial day.

What I don't like is the new Charger. The original car from the Knight Rider series was so beautiful too. I disagree with you though that the Japanese cars look bland. I love the Toyota Supra as much as the unequaled beauty of the Dodge Viper. And the new Lexus LFA is a sight for sore eyes -although it's like half American...-.

If a sensitive guy like you cry some day, I'd recommend you to look at a Dodge Viper, it will certainly help to relieve the pain..

Always funny how one persons negative is another ones feature :) I love American cars, the more the better. On the other hand I have little interest in Japanese cars, they all mostly look the same to me, and are likewise are mostly terribly bland....

True, I feel the same about most of the late 60s, early 70s American muscle cars .... but they do sound great in FM4.

I was personally hoping for more European tracks more than anything else.

Does anyone know if more Autovista is planned via DLC?
JC needs to do some for homo-legation specials such as the Sierra Cosworth, McLaren GT...etc...

Fair enough.

My beef is with the initial gifted cars. You receive a lot of old american cars during your first 10-15 level ups.

For "normal" cars, I prefer sedans and coupes over hot hatches, so japanese cars aren't particularly interesting to me. Though, I'd prefer a Honda Civic over a Chevy Chevelle, that looks and drives like an aircraft carrier, anytime :D

I've found myself a sucker for Lotus cars in the game so far: 1980 Esprit (Evora engine swap), Elise 111s, Elise '99 s, Exige cup and the 2-11 all drive like a dream, it's almost cheating.

Cheers

Fair enough.

My beef is with the initial gifted cars. You receive a lot of old american cars during your first 10-15 level ups.

For "normal" cars, I prefer sedans and coupes over hot hatches, so japanese cars aren't particularly interesting to me. Though, I'd prefer a Honda Civic over a Chevy Chevelle, that looks and drives like an aircraft carrier, anytime :D

I've found myself a sucker for Lotus cars in the game so far: 1980 Esprit (Evora engine swap), Elise 111s, Elise '99 s, Exige cup and the 2-11 all drive like a dream, it's almost cheating.

Cheers

:oops: What!

I got a code for a free car pack from ign prime the other day. Haven't checked it out yet.

Back