Forum Software Change!

Additionally, if your web browser supports SPDY, the forums support you talking SPDY to them too. That's most modern clients (Safaris on OS X 10.10 and iOS 8, Chrome on all platforms, Firefox on all platforms, etc). SPDY is a touch faster than HTTPS at the protocol level, so the site will be a bit snappier as a result (although I can't tell in practice).

Good stuff, Rys! I knew a dark theme was just a matter of time, and it only took a decade! ;)

Do those developers really want to put links in their signatures?

With the floating bar on top, using PageDown or spacebar for scrolling results in too big a jump – it is possible to miss a post or a topic.
Though it is probably impossible to solve without causing larger problems.

I'll take a look. Might be doable to put per-post navigation on a couple of other keys (space and pgdn are special, don't want to mess with them).

There was no way to keep the existing content IDs and have the redirect system work, unfortunately.

Doesn't the migration create a redirect map with old and new id's?

when I did my migration it was into an empty database so it was a 1:1 for the ids and I just had to write the regexp 301s.

The content IDs didn't migrate 1:1 so unless I'm mistaken there's no easy redirection from old to new. I'm not terribly concerned. Looking at the referral logs, there's not a large body of incoming traffic looking for the old URLs.

Embarrassing. I didn't think you could use the import log to redirect unless you took all the content IDs 1:1. 301 redirects from old URLs to new should be working now (tested with 4 random threads from the old boards).

Thanks, @Malo!

In l-b's original post, the colour was set to black either on paste in to the box, or using the editor. It's not black by fault of the theme, it's black by l-b's choice (including by accident of course).

The post doesn't have font BBCode, but it does have a color BBCode block.

I've now edited the posts in question to remove all formatting.

Back