Forum Software Change!

Not sure if reported here: on an iPad (iOS8.1) the top part of the site (the frame/banner, let's call it that) is very annoyingly flashing when you scroll through postings. Looks like a redraw bug/issue.

General remark: I think the new design is also way too much touch-entry focused, so taking too much space on a desktop. Huge fonts, lots of space etc.

Post popularity has been on the forum in the past but was disabled ages ago ... EDIT: though you could use Likes, then Simon F is my senior, not only by join date ... . :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of being able to PM ability for Regulars, that was an oversight when I created the new usergroups). Should be fixed now.

@Nebuchadnezzar, no idea what you're talking about :D

I'll import the old smilies as well at some point, I miss them too.

Looks far better than the old forum on a phone, one minor thing though when you zoom in on the page, that little arrow at the bottom right (to bring you to the top) also zooms in.
Not that its needed on touch devices, or PC's for that matter (with the home key), but moving to the top of a large page of text with swipe is so much faster than pageup

Confused by the quote button
I click it and get a message saying "message added to multi quote" but nothing happens ???

Confused by the quote button
I click it and get a message saying "message added to multi quote" but nothing happens ???
Xenforo works differently to what you're used to. Clicking reply on a specific post assumes you're quoting them and only them and adds the quote as you would normally expect and sends focus to the quick reply. Clicking +Quote allows you to multi-quote several posts (even on different threads, it remembers your selections)

I was just trying to add a link to the new Forum FAQ to my sig, and was told embedded web links aren't allowed. Clearly a lot of folk already have links though. Can we add links back for members of a certain rank?

Also there should probably be another tier of user for post counts of 32,767 or more...

That's the same behaviour as before, or not? I had the impression nothing changed.
The old forum had a reply button which didn't quote, a Quote button to reply to a post including quote, and a Multiquote button to quote several tagged messages in one post.

The new forum has a Quote button to reply including a quote, and a Multiquote button (called +quote). It hasn't got the empty reply option.

The old forum had a reply button which didn't quote, a Quote button to reply to a post including quote, and a Multiquote button to quote several tagged messages in one post.

The new forum has a Quote button to reply including a quote, and a Multiquote button (called +quote). It hasn't got the empty reply option.

Uff, okay. But, wow, the text-select reply is awesome!

It's INT(10) UNSIGNED, I think you'll be ok for the next several millenia :D

I was just trying to add a link to the new Forum FAQ to my sig, and was told embedded web links aren't allowed. Clearly a lot of folk already have links though. Can we add links back for members of a certain rank?

Also there should probably be another tier of user for post counts of 32,767 or more...
Links in sigs area available for Veterans and up.

Back