Forspoken (Project Athia) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
amd sponsored is disappointing though since we're stuck with fsr2. A lot of ghosting and artifacting when there's fast movement is apparent in the game as DF showed here. I wondre if the game will offer a regular TAA option.

I wondre if the game will offer a regular TAA option.
Doesn't every title?
But do wonder if FSR2.x will become lowest setting at some point for current gen, as its supported everywhere. Whereas DLSS you still need other compatibility options.

I do expect at least DLSS to be patched in.

Hasn't there been improvements since that DF vid?

As if a ~2TF delta between on and off would make any difference, so just how low end GPU were they thinking of?

Forspoken isn't anything special looking or appears to be doing anything special technically outside of loading quickly.

I mean, the PS5 version runs at what like ~1200p at ~60fps.. and yet there are other games which are more graphically impressive, technically demanding, which run at higher IQ and framerates.

It's more like console players are going to have to get used to last gen resolutions like 1080p... or ~30fps framerates 🤷‍♂️
But you literally just said other games including console games are already running better with better settings and resolution with similar or bigger scope to this game. So why exactly is that a console thing rather than a developer thing

It's been said many times that ff15 looks better on console from many years ago with similar scope and detail

Last edited:
But you literally just said other games including console games are already running better with better settings and resolution with similar or bigger scope to this game. So why exactly is that a console thing rather than a developer thing

It's been said many times that ff15 looks better on console from many years ago with similar scope and detail
I don't ever remember saying this was a console specific thing instead of a developer thing.

And is that stopping the console fanboys from making remarks about "next gen games" like Forspoken arriving ushering in a new era of extremely high PC requirements? I mean, there's already better looking PC games running at higher resolutions with higher framerates and lower recommended specs than what this game is calling for too...

I don't ever remember saying this was a console specific thing instead of a developer thing.

And is that stopping the console fanboys from making remarks about "next gen games" like Forspoken arriving ushering in a new era of extremely high PC requirements?
I hate warrior speak on these forums....and you guys seem to engage in it ad nauseum from both sides

Why must everything be about PC vs console all the time and why do you care what morons are saying on twitter or whatever.

This thread is about forspoken, and nothing about this game we have seen so far should have anyone talking about hardware either on PC and console.

And is that stopping the console fanboys from making remarks about "next gen games" like Forspoken arriving ushering in a new era of extremely high PC requirements? I mean, there's already better looking PC games running at higher resolutions with higher framerates and lower recommended specs than what this game is calling for too...
Just remark as usual spec go up when crossgen time end (and sometimes also memory gpu usage that could explain recomendatoin in ultra for 4080), has to be strong pc fanboy to think it was some attack on pc lol.

I hate warrior speak on these forums....and you guys seem to engage in it ad nauseum from both sides

Why must everything be about PC vs console all the time and why do you care what morons are saying on twitter or whatever.

This thread is about forspoken, and nothing about this game we have seen so far should have anyone talking about hardware either on PC and console.
What did I say that was so wrong exactly? What warring am I doing? By pointing out that PS5 runs this game at lower resolutions and framerates than typical games released on PS5.. and that it doesn't look particularly special while doing so??

And what the hell are you talking about... we got the recommended specs with performance figures... what do you mean we shouldn't be talking about hardware requirements and potential performance about this game yet??

amd sponsored is disappointing though since we're stuck with fsr2. A lot of ghosting and artifacting when there's fast movement is apparent in the game as DF showed here. I wondre if the game will offer a regular TAA option.

Iirc fsr 2.1 is improved with ghosting compared to 2.0

Just remark as usual spec go up when crossgen time end (and sometimes also memory gpu usage that could explain recomendatoin in ultra for 4080), has to be strong pc fanboy to think it was some attack on pc lol.
Creating imaginary scenarios in your head... all because I posted factual information about how the game performs on PS5 and drew the parallels to the PC recommended specs.. lol whatever helps you bro

Creating imaginary scenarios in your head... all because I posted factual information about how the game performs on PS5 and drew the parallels to the PC recommended specs.. lol whatever helps you bro
Not sure how old are you and maybe its your first time of ending crossgen, for sure not my and I dont have to create imaginary scenarion, just historical thing, not see why this time should be different. Also since when ps5 perform good in Forspoken ? Once of lowest internal res there is. Dont be so connected to your metal game box ;)

Can everyone please take a breather before thinking of replying? Also take the time to reread your text before posting it to make sure it doesn't come off the wrong way? I think part of the discussion is getting lost in the rather flat text aspects leading to misunderstandings.

Back