Formula 1 - 2008 Season

Yeah and that lack of traction suddenly happend like 10 years before the finish line, can you believe that?

Not really - look at the last lap sector times, he was slower all round, losing ten seconds in the middle sector (same with Trulli).

Code:
Hamilton   21.6  45.2  19.3
Glock      24.8  54.7  23.0
Kovalainen 21.6  44.6  18.6
Trulli     26.1  55.7  22.8

We'll find out the "reason" soon, but it was nerve-wrecking like last over finish in India-Pak final (Cricket 20-20 WC South Africa) last year.

I'm a Ferrari fan also but what happened was just randomness, nothing worth drawing a conspiracy over. Here are the sector times:

Last lap - Overall - Sector 1 - Sector 2 - Sector 3
Vettel - 1:25.984 - 21.8 - 45.1 - 19.0
Hamilton - 1:26.126 - 21.6 - 45.2 - 19.3
Glock - 1:44.731 - 24.8 - 54.7 - 25.0
Trulli - 1:44.800 - 26.1 - 55.7 - 22.8

Not really - look at the last lap sector times, he was slower all round, losing ten seconds in the middle sector (same with Trulli).

Code:
Hamilton   21.6  45.2  19.3
Glock      24.8  54.7  23.0
Kovalainen 21.6  44.6  18.6
Trulli     26.1  55.7  22.8

I dont care. He should have done whatever. Crash into him, do something. Point is, Now you're gonna have all the bloody idiots everytime on tv and the interwebs saying how great hamilton is and blow up everything 100x. This is the guy who crashes into the back of cars in the pitstraight...

That he won, fine. He got the most points so he is the winner. But the aftermath is going to be horrible...

That he won, fine. He got the most points so he is the winner. But the aftermath is going to be horrible...

Wonderful sentiments.

He was on slicks?

Neither of the Toyota's changed in the last 6 laps like pretty much everyone else did. Looks like they were gambling on it not raining hard enough and benefitting from everyone else's stop. Nearly worked as well...

You couldn't have planned a tenser ending than that.

I expect that, instead of dispelling any conspiracy theories, the fact that both Trulli and Glock had similar slowdowns will be seen by Ferrari nuts as proof that the race was fixed!

Glock did gain a place from Kovalainen so its not like the gamble didn't pay off. It just wasn't as big as it could have been.

I dont care. He should have done whatever. Crash into him, do something. Point is, Now you're gonna have all the bloody idiots everytime on tv and the interwebs saying how great hamilton is and blow up everything 100x. This is the guy who crashes into the back of cars in the pitstraight...

Can't really understand why some of you guys blame Glock for losing a position, when it was pooring rain and the guy was on dry tires... That's stretching it a bit too much.

Still it was weird how easy Vettel got past Hamilton, his car must have worked really well on those conditions (maybe he should change his name to Wettel :)). All in all what a finish to the season, just as thrilling as last year. I stood up after and my heart was pounding 200 when Vettel past Hamilton, but all the time I knew that Glock was still on dry tires and the rain came down very heavily when the last lap started and I was 70% sure that hamilton would get past him. It was hard to say though as we weren't shown the gap between them.

Ferrari had the best car this year, but they made too many mistakes and Massa had some technical failures, without them he would have won. Kovalainen was a big disapointment, granted he had some issues as well, but when your teammate wins the championship and you come 7th then something is messed up.

Ferrari had the best car this year, but they made too many mistakes and Massa had some technical failures, without them he would have won. Kovalainen was a big disapointment, granted he had some issues as well, but when your teammate wins the championship and you come 7th then something is messed up.
Ferrari had perhaps best car for dry and Massa, but not for wet nor Räikkönen (it was initially good for him too, but the first new aero package ruined it, it wasn't oversteering car anymore like Räikkönen wanted)
I'm sure Alonso could answer you what's wrong at McLaren ;)

On the raikonnen point, Schumacher said raikonnen should open his mouth more. He said the problem is that they changed something, than it went worse for raikonnen as we've all seen. But apperantly he didnt really say anything about it. After that they changed it back and things went better again. Schumacher said he should just open his mouth more and tell Ferrari what he wants so they can give it to him.

Can't really understand why some of you guys blame Glock for losing a position, when it was pooring rain and the guy was on dry tires... That's stretching it a bit too much.

You've got to blame somebody ;) No, but ofcourse you are right. Realisticly speaking Hamilton shouldnt had any problems to begin with. Its just that when it comes down to it, he screwed up again I dont think he deserved to win because of that (and some other things) and than to see how he would be losing again by one point and now its a bit like he messed up but still won because he was damn lucky enough that glock couldnt hold it anymore for like 200 meters or something. He won because of luck, not because he did such a good job at driving.

"Glock was always the target" ;)

And just to irk a few:

diapob_345.jpg

:p

Back