Force Unleashed 2

Yeah, I still don't think I like the targetting for the force powers, but somehow it didn't seem as bad as the first one.

When will they understand that fighting shock troopers is not fun. :|
Beside I always hate how they give you a lightsaber that doesn't really acts like one....now this maybe because of game balancing but the Jedi Academy games got this thing right & this is why they were incredibly fun to play.

Beside I always hate how they give you a lightsaber that doesn't really acts like one....now this maybe because of game balancing but the Jedi Academy games got this thing right & this is why they were incredibly fun to play.

You could also enable dismemberment fuction via console prompt, atleast in JK2. Was really gud with lots of parts to dismember and glow effect on bodypart edges and surroundings, real gud. One hit one kill battles with bosses was awesome especially considering it was true for you and enemies wit lightsabers!

You could also enable dismemberment fuction via console prompt, atleast in JK2. Was really gud with lots of parts to dismember and glow effect on bodypart edges and surroundings, real gud. One hit one kill battles with bosses was awesome especially considering it was true for you and enemies wit lightsabers!
I thought I heard Lucasarts mention that they allowed dismemberment for this game, maybe you can't cut anyone in half or chop-off heads, but I do remember them saying they worked with the ESRB to allow cutting off limbs while maintaining a Teen rating.

There is lots of dismemberment in this one. I killed guys that lost both of their arms and their head. I enjoy killing those jetpack guys with lightning and watching them fly around uncontrolled until they crash horribly.

I made the jet pack guys fight eachother. Force command or whatever was cool to use for that. Esp for suicides.

I did the demo 4 times. The higher difficulties ( above normal ) are challenging like in the first TFU.
I' m amazed by the graphics. It is really polished for a demo. I love the rain effects and all those reflections on Kamino plateforms.
The gameplay feels really generic bu it feels good. The lock system with the force grip is better. But the targeting with R1 is not that good.

I love doing chops moves ( Square + Cross ) you can do it in the air too.
I' ve already reserved my CE can'twait to see more. I just hope the gameplay is more balanced this time and that the camerawon't be too tricky in many situations.

Well if they made the lightsaber act like a real lighstaber enemies would be cut into pieces and die in one hit.

If you rely solely on using your lightsaber in FU2, it wont be fun. The key is to soften up your opponents with force powers first. The shock troopers are easily dealt with when you hit them with lightning. When theyre stunned then go in with a lightsaber combo that finishes with force push and you can do an arial combo thats quite satisfying.

What kills the combat is the strange lock on system. Sometimes you dont have to face an enemy thats a good distance away from you and it will lock on. Other times the enemy will be right behind you and you wont be able to lock on. Very frustrating. Also the way the camera behaves is not right either.

I don't think I pushed the lock button once. I'll have to play it again tonight. Didn't have any problems with the camera, because I'm used to controlling the camera in 3rd person games.

That's also my complain, the lock system. I m worried If it sticks like this in the final retail.
Especially during the boss fights. It was frustrating in TFU 1 you could not or have difficult to lock on your main target with the lock stystem being compromised.

Also I tried to grip one stormtrooper and make him hanging on something but Looks like there removed that. or maybe it was not available in the demo. you could still grab one ennemy so that he could grab on another stormtrooper.
I love DMM and Euphoria, TFU 2 engine is really good.

Seems like Lucasarts did a good job. I think the game looks absolutely stunning and moves silky smooth as well. There was some very minor tearing occuring during the outdoor scenes on the PS3, but I only noticed the issue because I was actively looking for it when I played the demo a second time. Visually this is one of the most improved sequels on consoles imo. Too bad the targeting still sucks (I actually had more trouble with it than I did in the first game)

Gameinformer gave it a 7.7 (or something like that) They basically said that the otherwise really enjoyable experience gets kinda ruined by an exceptonally poor story. (which is a shame considering how the story was probably the high point of the first game)

Played PS3 DEMO

Their AA solution is very blurry. I thought it was sub-HD at first, but looking on some of the scaffolding outside you can see on the edges the steps are 1 to 1 so it's 720p. I ended up liking the AA, it grew on me and gives it a very distinctive look. I also saw some jittering when I was staying still, though it could just be that the camera was moving very slowly.

The motion blur is very high quality, and at first I thought it was 60fps because of it. There is some tearing but it's not very noticeable.

I thought the rain looked very nice. Looking closer it's just a bunch of animated transparent textures places in front of you randomly in several strips, you can see this if you look down and watch as the rain hits the ground.

Textures aren't particularly detailed, normal maps are on most things which looks nice.

The water looked quite flat, but it was nicely animated.

Physics are very well done with the Euphoria engine on the characters and the semi-destructable environments.

Lighting was quite nice. The lightsabers cast light on the environment and there are a lot of light sources in the game which look nice in the rain.

Overall quite impressed. Maybe they could use a sharper AA solution, v-sync, sharper textures, but definitely a great improvement of TFU1.

I thought the mind control was hilarious making the troopers jump over the edge.

That is why I gave examples of Jedi Academy games....they did Lightsaber & Force powers just right.

Yesterday I installed Jedi Academy just for this. The lightsaber battles and force usage is miles ahead of FU1.. tho I had to play it with keyboard, because of shoddy pc-port, it only accepts X360 controller! (WTF?)
Still love the game and gameplay, but I'm really looking forward this, and maybe a PS3 :)

Why this game is so easy? On hard i havent even lost 10% of vitality... In Jedi Knight You could be kill in two saber cuts on very hard settings. Actually lightsabers are useless in Force Unleashed games, i use it only to get free force pushes and lightings, fail from design standpoint, but still quite fun to play.

I would kill for new Jedi Knight game with one hit, one kill multiplayer and improved combat from JA+ mods, especially with Move + 3D implementation ;p

Why this game is so easy? On hard i havent even lost 10% of vitality... In Jedi Knight You could be kill in two saber cuts on very hard settings. Actually lightsabers are useless in Force Unleashed games, i use it only to get free force pushes and lightings, fail from design standpoint, but still quite fun to play.

I would kill for new Jedi Knight game with one hit, one kill multiplayer and improved combat from JA+ mods, especially with Move + 3D implementation ;p

Same...I also would kill for a new jedi knight.
Raven Sofwtare did a really good work on it. I read a news saying that Activision is firing lots of peopleat Raven because of their game called singularity and other projects who did fail.

I really enjoyed Jedi Outcast and Jedi academy which are the best jedi simulation ever. (damn I miss force speed and force jump lol ).

Back