Forbes: X360 to launch with 2 versions?

Tap In said:
I agree that Xbox1 was a pain to transfer music via CD but with the PC connection it should be a piece of cake to rip to the the X360 and then allow the games to do as they please right off the HDD as needed.

:D

it should be very simple, currently with a modded box there's software that will connect to your xbox and trnsfer mp3's on the fly to your HD, and adds them to the embedded soundtrack files to be used for games, it also converts to WMA on the fly, very painless.

I'd expect a similar APP for 360. I doubt you'll see streaming soundtracks supported on the majpority of games, just seems like to much to worry about, i.e. which shares does it play from, all of them? What if you don't want to play every single mp3 in your shares? What about transfer speeds or when the PC freezes? Too much hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tap In said:
a
but what about those situations that I described where you edit parts of songs to play that are only triggered by in game situations? will the game save the edited version to the streamed source and draw them from there as well on demand? I would think in those situations it would retain the edited version on the HDD in a custom game list that that particular game would identify with.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, and I will say I'm a bit worried that the 360 may take a step backwards in this area.

Bjorn said:
How about smart stuff instead, like a HDDVD drive and DVI/HDMI out ?

hd-dvd unless standard adds nothing to xbox 360. IF it is not standard then no games will use this feature .

As for dvi/ hdmi i'm hopping they add it in before the normal one is launched. If not oh well I only have 1 dvi port on my tv and I don't expect it to change for al ong time so i will just go component .

Anyway I see a second controller + bigger hardrive and video camera something they can do and make moeny off the unit or break even . Thus they have some units they loose money on (300$ ones ) and some they don't (400$ ) ones .

Anyway i think this second unit is fictional. If it was real it be in our pcs at work .

I can't believe some of you are arguing over 6 month old rumors that have already been debunked at E3.

#1. The 20GB standard hard drive is confirmed.

#2. There is only 1 Xbox 360. No multiple versions.

#3. MS is expecting to have 3 million units shipped world-wide by the end of the holiday season.

This was all confirmed at E3. This article would have made sense if it was released last March, when others were reporting these same rumors, but it's all out of date and incorrect now. Bad reporting by Forbes.

Loogadah brightside...whatever MS ends up doing, it will be held forth by those who are most vocal as the supremely cunning tactic that saves MS and befalls doom upon its competitors. Of all rumors that have come across this discussion board, has there even been one that could be taken as a "bad move"? :D

Naturally, this is an issue that concerns you personally, but then wasn't it your argument in topics not long ago that the XB2 will be best for gaming because it is soley focused on gaming and gaming only? I think we all can see the inherent conflict in that chain of thought. Sooner or later things like this were bound to crop up...

scooby_dooby said:
not including streaming video out of the box = bad move

We've been over this, as before, I partially agree with you, but again XP doesn't MCE does. Besides for those of us with XBMC, I am sure someone will write something that will allow our "old" xbox to connect to our 360s for streaming; PC/Mac-->xbmc-->xbox360, not elegant but it'll probably do.

randycat99 said:
Naturally, this is an issue that concerns you personally, but then wasn't it your argument in topics not long ago that the XB2 will be best for gaming because it is soley focused on gaming and gaming only? I think we all can see the inherent conflict in that chain of thought. Sooner or later things like this were bound to crop up...

Things like what ?

I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer, as clearly you only ask as a preface to argue, argue, argue any and all points. We've all seen this of you time and time again. Hence, this time, your tactic ends here.

Sure . You say something . I ask what you mean. Now you don't want to answer .

Did you say what you said just to make a comment and didn't know what you were talking about ?

Or did u do it knowing someone would question what your talking about and are now trying to flip it on them ?

I don't have to answer. That's all you need to be concerned about. We've seen how you twist things for pages on end until they suit your needs. This is not conducive to discussion, never has, won't be any time in the future. It certainly isn't "fun", so don't expect people to just keep on placating you on this behavior.

no you don't have to answer . But don't then instead of answering make up some story just to get attention .

You posted something and I asked what your talking about . You instead of posting anything postive started off on your fringe theory making a complete fool of yourself . And now you continue on with your cute little story .

Why ? Why continue down the road . If you made the claim about something said in this post you should have pointed it out instead of starting to play out this farce of yours

Enough with the personal jabs.

Chillax, and let's try to keep this thread on topic, folks.

Back