First movie on BD50 to be released tuesday the 10th

plat

Newcomer
As expected, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment today has announced its first three BD-50 dual-layer Blu-ray disc releases, led by the box office hits 'Click,' 'Black Hawk Down' and 'Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.'

Today Sony officially confirmed the news via this press release. Hitting stores this Tuesday, October 10 will be 'Click,' followed by 'Black Hawk Down' on November 14, and 'Tallageda Nights' on December 12.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/new...ially_Announces_First_BD-50_Blu-ray_Discs/285

cant wait to see how these look, the format war is really starting to heat up now :D

As expected, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment today has announced its first three BD-50 dual-layer Blu-ray disc releases, led by the box office hits 'Click,' 'Black Hawk Down' and 'Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.'

Ok sorry but i don't see "box office hits" in there...

Where are all our REAL box office hits?! It's not like Sony don't have huge movies to release on Bluray.... They keep releasing all these B-movies and that's being nice for some of them...

Dearest plat,

It's really not nice to see a thread titled "Fist movie on BD50 to be released tuesday the 10th" and with the last poster in the thread as london-boy.

Corrected for you. Off to weep now. Bad plat. Bad.

Dearest plat,

It's really not nice to see a thread titled "Fist movie on BD50 to be released tuesday the 10th" and with the last poster in the thread as london-boy.

Corrected for you. Off to weep now. Bad plat. Bad.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I didn't even notice!!! REALLY!!! Oh god i'm laughing here in the office!

Ok sorry but i don't see "box office hits" in there...

Where are all our REAL box office hits?! It's not like Sony don't have huge movies to release on Bluray.... They keep releasing all these B-movies and that's being nice for some of them...

Talladega Nights made close to 150 M in the US alone.
Is that a non-hit ?

If its MPEG2 its a waste of space.

Well... Wasn't the point of BD50 the fact that at that capacity, a MPEG2 movie has more or less the same quality as a smaller VC1 movie?

So yeah, i'm pretty sure it's MPEG2, also because they're Sony movies and we all know what Sony prefers to release their movies on.

Could someone please explain to me the rys's post above about london-boy and the thread title.
I did so not get it, and it's bugging me immensely :D

The movie companies want to release those "not so hot" movies first for a new format, as they are likely to sell quite well anyway to the content starving early adopters.
Milking the cow to the fullest, if you like to call it that.

Of course it's a waste of space. You don't need 50GB to store a movie, even with MPEG-2. :)

From the above quoted site:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/click.html said:
But there is no doubt about this Blu-ray release -- the format's first BD-50 dual-layer disc packs a fine punch. The transfer is very strong as is the soundtrack, and there is a ton of extras presented in full high-definition video. If this is an indication of what the Blu-ray format can consistently and routinely deliver, the format war is just getting started.

And rabidrabbit, you really, really are better off not knowing. ;)

I don't know how many "extra features" are there. But even if there are 5 hours video in a BD50 disk, that's still more than 20Mbps. Although it would be better to have more than 25Mbps for a HDTV MPEG-2 encode, 20Mbps is still quite good.

I don't know how many "extra features" are there. But even if there are 5 hours video in a BD50 disk, that's still more than 20Mbps. Although it would be better to have more than 25Mbps for a HDTV MPEG-2 encode, 20Mbps is still quite good.

Are you taking into account different uncompressed sound tracks in that calculation? I'm not saying it's impossible, just asking.

Could someone please explain to me the rys's post above about london-boy and the thread title.
I did so not get it, and it's bugging me immensely :D

Thread subject typo'ed "first movie" into "fist movie" (since corrected). Try googling "Fisting", tho I'd reccomend being very careful about clicking thru any links unless you want to broaden your education beyond the hypothetical.

Well, it certainly is a good argument for fixing obvious thread subject titles without comment! :D

Oh :oops: Something to do with boxing? L-b, do you "fist" to keep fit?

heh:) I read the post several times, and just read it every time as "First", my mind kept on putting the "r" in the "Fist" automatically!

Back