Fight Night (Xbox 360) - 3 Million Polys Per Fighter

they don't look real anymore, you can see th polygon's and stuff, you only really see it when youre knocked down, and teh camera gets a close-up shot

scooby_dooby said:
The game looks great, the backgrounds fall apart when you get a close-up, but they've implemented a sweet motion blur when you turn, so it feels very realistic as everything is always moving around.

They've made many subtle gameplay changes as well, haymakers are much slower, and they've sped up combo's, if you throw a combo real fast it'll throw a little motion blur in there and your fighter will do very speedy combos, very nice. All in all it feels much more balanced than FN2 and quicker flurries of punches, no HUD at all so you're kinda flying blind. They need to work on the emotion on the face that is supposed to 'inform' you, cause they're pretty emotionless right now.

:p This game comes out when??

if you look closely (i think its during a loading screen or maybve when you quit), it says coming winter 2006? I thought it was out in march or something like that?

conan60 said:
if you look closely (i think its during a loading screen or maybve when you quit), it says coming winter 2006? I thought it was out in march or something like that?

this is still winter 06 and will be until spring ;)

scooby_dooby said:
they don't look real anymore, you can see th polygon's and stuff, you only really see it when youre knocked down, and teh camera gets a close-up shot

Is it so bad that it seems liek somethign that would be improved for launch or just bad enough that seems like soemthign EA would let slip?

expletive said:
Is it so bad that it seems liek somethign that would be improved for launch or just bad enough that seems like soemthign EA would let slip?

mmm, it looks so damn good in motion that it probably will not matter, it really is somethign to look at when you're circling in the middle of the ring, very impressive.

yeah, not to mention the sheer amounts of rings and background places it'll have when the game ships, some ppl are WAY to nitpicky, i never even noticed, too busy playing in awe at what was in front of me

New screenshots!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Plus this screenshot.
finalnight35ek.jpg

From the new video on IGN.
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/766/766603/vids_1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
In screenshots it looks pretty darned good. But the movies made it look the most dull and uninteresting game ever! The animations are very rigid and there's little reaction to the blows connecting.

thekey said:
Some of those images are at 1365x768. Does the Xbox360 even support that resolution (official specs say the maximum resolution is 720p).

it outputs at that res with the vga cable, it's probably rendered at 720P though

maybe it was captured from the output and not the framebuffer

Shifty Geezer said:
In screenshots it looks pretty darned good. But the movies made it look the most dull and uninteresting game ever! The animations are very rigid and there's little reaction to the blows connecting.

The video's always suck, I dunno why they can't get some good players.

Watch two good fighters go head to head, it's anything but dull. And the animations look much better if both players are actively dodging, moving, countering, and blocking, instead in those videos usually it's just a bunch of haymakers and weak-ass combos.

rosman said:
Sometimes power doesnt make everything...

Huz ha hmpf what?

I'm saying I wan't to see nice ragodoll physics, physics blended with control (like those football players), full physics in skin, jaw, head, like the ps3 demo had, and not some half-animation where the face makes a wrinkled expression. (even if the ps3 demo was all scripted and didn't have physics or whatever. I won't be glad if the ps3 comes out the same, just one less game for me to get then :p)

I think it's more fun to see that instead of a crowd.

And if that's the best animations ever possible then, uhm, that's not good...

Back