Farming Simulator 15 [PS4, XO]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
The game features woodcutting on the consoles version, and it uses a new physics engine. It's also open world, somehow.

No kidding here, if cows die I'd die -I drink a lot of milk-, and one of my dreams is having a farm someday...so this could be a good start to see the new technology used in farms nowadays.

According to Eurogamer's news article on the game, there will be new vehicles and new tools in the console version:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-10-debut-trailer-for-farming-simulator-15-on-ps4-and-xbox-one

You'll play in the new Nordic environment and a rebuilt North American environment, and use over 140 vehicles and farming tools. There are new vehicles exclusive to the console version, too, from manufacturers such as New Holland, Ponsse, Case IH, Deutz-Fahr, MAN and Liebherr

The game also features online co-op, so we can plough together.

These games sell like crack, especially here in Germany. Unlike your typical AAA console game, these "Simulators" are also being sold in just about every grocery store chain you can think of. I'm pretty sure it's something grandparents like to buy their grand children because of how thoroughly inoffensive the whole nonsense is.

Kids like these machines as toys a lot, so it should not be too much of a surprise!

I can't wait for someone to release the Taiwanese Clothing Mega-Factory Worker Under Close-to-SlaveLike Conditions Life Simulator™. I'll have a blast with my young cousins living the dream life I always fantasized about but could not fulfill because I was born in a damn upper middle class family.

The game will be out next week. You can start ploughing @London-boy :)

http://www.windowscentral.com/farming-simulator-15-next-week
Farming-Simulator-15-preview-screens-09.jpg

Farming-Simulator-15-preview-screens-07.jpg

Farming-Simulator-15-preview-screens-14.jpg

I can't see why anyone would play this for fun, but like Flight Simulator, as a training tool for future real world aspirations it could be invaluable - depending on how realistic it is of course. I'd have enjoyed being a farmer myself in another life, my in-laws are farmers and I love spending time at the farm. My financial future is way to tied up with my current career though to consider such a drastic change at this point.

I can't see why anyone would play this for fun, but like Flight Simulator, as a training tool for future real world aspirations it could be invaluable - depending on how realistic it is of course. I'd have enjoyed being a farmer myself in another life, my in-laws are farmers and I love spending time at the farm. My financial future is way to tied up with my current career though to consider such a drastic change at this point.
You have very good grass in England. What I am interested the most about this videogame is accuracy, what you say basically, of having an idea of what it would be like to have machinery like that, and a farm. But, along with my siblings, I had some specimens of a cattle breed which is from the region I was born and live on, and they are close to extinction. It began as a hobby, because it was only expenses and more expenses at first, it could become a business over time. But let me tell you, a game like this can cost like 40€, having a farm with everything working costs an arm and leg, and it doesn't matter how much money do you have at your disposal, you need to have some estate.

When I grow older I will re-consider the idea, 'cos I eat lots of cow milk and I always say that if cows die, I die. :)

Imagine the possibilities of a tie-in with this game:

http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/

Grow your lettuces, then have the high-octane stress of getting them to Tesco stores a continent away before they rot!
Can you imagine? Games in modules. A team works in a full farming game and other developers work in a truck simulator.

A day ago or so a cow-poo powered bus clocked up a 77mph world record. On the moove.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/business/2015/05/british-poo-powered-bus-sets-speed-record/

Back