Far Cry Primal [PS4, XO] (Feb 2016)

DieH@rd

Legend
Ubisoft Montreal’s next Far Cry game is a Stone Age-era open world game called Far Cry Primal, and it launches for PS4 and Xbox One on February 23, 2016. A PC release will follow in March, 2016.

Set in 10,000 BC, Far Cry Primal follows Takkar, "a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of his hunting group." As players survive in the land of Oros, "they will have to craft weapons and tools partly from the bones of slain beasts, hunt for food, master fire, fend off fierce predators and face off against other tribes to conquer Oros."

The debut trailer shows a small tribe of four stalking, hunting, and killing a herd of wooly mammoths before they’re attacked by a sabertooth tiger. Outposts (occupied by humans), spreading fires, and character upgrades return alongside new features, such as dead prey attracting new predators with its scent. The key art also suggests a sabertooth tiger companion for Takkar.
via IGN

image_far_cry_primal-29820-3404_0001.jpg

image_far_cry_primal-29820-3404_0002.jpg

image_far_cry_primal-29820-3404_0003.jpg

image_far_cry_primal-29820-3404_0004.jpg

916jbNnLn0L._SL1500_.jpg

Awww yes please! Always been a fan of prehistoric world, now a single player focused experience with no last gen ports, excellent graphics where you can be buddy with a saber-tooth and hunting mammoth, what more can a man ask? Trailer looks seriously impressive, the lighting seems much improved from FC4, foliage and animal rendering are some of the best I've seen. Also heaps more footage from the behind the scene docu.
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_far_cry_primal_behind_the_scenes_trailer-35855_en.html

Really cool. That is unless they're gonna ubisoft the hell out of it of course. All the towers, myriads of collectibles, vehicles and densely cluttered hud systems really need to go if they want to sell me on this world.

Not historic enough! I thought we'd get something from the mesozoic era (which had no people anyway - so it's understandable) :(

It does look very nice though. Maybe they can be a bit liberal with the facts and throw in a few dinosaurs.

So now the trend is to go hunting prehistoric creatures: Ark Survival, Horizon Zero Dawn, Far Cry...next COD: Jurassic Ops or COD: Prehistoric Warfare :yep2:
Also I am sure it will look nothing like the screenshots.

BTW maybe it's just me but can we please stop calling it "Xbone"; it was fun the first time but now it's just irritating IMO.

Last edited:
That's hilarious!!

Although that's strictly pirate dinosaur space marines. ;)

Why call this Far Cry?

This has nothing to do with Far Cry except for being an open world explorable in first person. They had an opportunity to create a fresh new franchise but no, let's piggyback on Far Cry because if it sucks, people will buy it for the name.
It's ridiculous how Ubisoft milks its franchises to the extreme.

The setting is awesome as are the graphics. I'm a little worried that the setting may restrict the gameplay options a bit though (no guns or other high tech equipment, no fast vehicles), it'll be interesting to see how they deal with that. If it's handled well it could be a breath of fresh air.

I also can't help but feel guilty when I have to kill animals in games so I guess I'll have to try and get over that if I wan't to play this. The fact that you're killing for survival and not an extra large smoke bomb pouch will help.

Fast vehicle you say, how about riding fast and stealthy Smilodon Populator that can open up a whole new can of stealth kills ;).

The setting is awesome as are the graphics. I'm a little worried that the setting may restrict the gameplay options a bit though (no guns or other high tech equipment, no fast vehicles), it'll be interesting to see how they deal with that. If it's handled well it could be a breath of fresh air.

I also can't help but feel guilty when I have to kill animals in games so I guess I'll have to try and get over that if I wan't to play this. The fact that you're killing for survival and not an extra large smoke bomb pouch will help.
I am sure they will surprise us with some sort of twist

I also can't help but feel guilty when I have to kill animals in games

Hey I'm a tree hugging liberal, but I do find this point of view a little strange (I've heard other people state it too). Killing humans that attack you in games is a-ok, killing animals that attack you in games is bad. It does not compute for me. :)

And besides, it's a game! I'm just looking forward to all the genocidal extinction I'll be causing in No Man's Sky.

Hey I'm a tree hugging liberal, but I do find this point of view a little strange (I've heard other people state it too). Killing humans that attack you in games is a-ok, killing animals that attack you in games is bad. It does not compute for me. :)

And besides, it's a game! I'm just looking forward to all the genocidal extinction I'll be causing in No Man's Sky.

If the animals are attacking me I don't really have a problem with it. It's when they're not doing anything to me and I'm hunting them for loot then it does. I'd probably have a problem with killing innocent civilians who had no intention of hurting me in a computer game as well.

Also consider that animals in modern games can look and act a lot more realistic than humans (at least to our eyes). Sure I get a laugh out of mowing down a few pedestrians in GTAV now and then but they're not particularly real looking or acting. But the whaling in Assassins Creed for instance looked damn real when you hoisted the poor dead thing up at the side of the boat. I still did it, but I didn't feel too comfortable doing it. And I get a similar vibe from the Mammoth hunting in that video.

Let's hope the hunt isn't further trivialized by having us repeat it hundreds of times, and without any sort of difficulty whatsoever, just so we can upgrade a pouch. Heck, who am I kidding. This is Ubisoft, and the new FC is gonna end up being another mindless collectathon anyways.

Back