Fact: Nintendo to release HD console + controllers with built-in screen late 2012

Other companies might launch a next-generation console with more power, but we don’t necessarily think that the difference between the Wii U and such console will be as drastic as what you felt it was between the Wii and the other consoles because there will be fewer and fewer differentiators in graphics.

Naturally some consumers are very sensitive about such a small difference in graphics so that we will make efforts to make the most of the performance of the Wii U to keep up with technological innovations and not to make the system out-of-date soon.'

Bolded parts speak volumes about what he means.

Wii U power will not be far behind Xbox 720 says Nintendo

Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has insisted that he Wii U will not be far behind that Xbox 720 in terms of power, as he also admits that the demand for the 3DS in the West remains 'weak'.

Just the 720 though, it'll be way behind the PS4! :rolleyes:

Misleasing hit bait headline there, Iwata never said those words.

Anyways, Iwata's real answer was far less promising (although, if it holds any water, possibly encouraging)

'We cannot promise that the Wii U will never be excluded from multiplatform software for eternity, but we can at least assure you that the Wii U will not have such a big difference as the Wii had in comparison to how, on other platforms, developers could expect very different graphic capabilities of generating HD-applicable high-resolution graphics.

Other companies might launch a next-generation console with more power, but we don’t necessarily think that the difference between the Wii U and such console will be as drastic as what you felt it was between the Wii and the other consoles because there will be fewer and fewer differentiators in graphics.

Naturally some consumers are very sensitive about such a small difference in graphics so that we will make efforts to make the most of the performance of the Wii U to keep up with technological innovations and not to make the system out-of-date soon.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/9...r-behind-xbox-720-says-nintendo#ixzz1zkIFFNY9

Perhaps the gap will open up again next gen. We really don't know what ms has instore. I wonder if cross platform (win 8 , win 8 mobile , xbox) will be a selling point of xbox gold .

besides there is still a gap in online play between the 360 and ps3

I agree with that, but at the same time I'm thinking of canceling gold. Cross platform doesn't seem fair if all the costs are going to the console owners too.

My biggest issue is one of the things most people seem to like though. I see MS moving away from gamers with every dash update, where I would have preferred the direction Nintendo is going. I really liked seeing all those avatars running around. Gamers first. But then, they have a lot to catch up to when it comes to online.

So I won't be in line for the next Nintendo console either, and as a gamer the next generation worries me. I hope Sony will come through one more time...

Back