F1: 2011 regulations, death of F1?

after taking few beers (before eating anything of course) I and my friend came to following rules package:
1. Maximum Engine displacement 1.5 liters
2. all chargers allowed (roots, super, turbo.)
3. Minimum power output: 1600 hp
4. no wings nor ground effect techniques allowed.
5. New wheels: Slicks allowed, but max widths are 70 mm at rear, 80 ar front. 2mmx1.5mm sized regular studs allowed in icy conditions.
6. One race per season at ice or snow.
7. No power steering, regular stick gears (no limit in max gears), no traction control and only anti lock brakes allowed that has been used in production car before 1968.
9. Rear wheel drive and rear suspension configuration must be swing axle design.

That should do the trick... :)

Nappe: then you could as well change the description into "Go-kart 1" or something ;)

Also, what sort of charger do you imply with "super"? That's what they all do, super-charging the engine with air.

EDIT: oh, it seems like R. Schumacher will finally get kicked out of the Toyota team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nappe1 maybe you'd like an updated version of this :
the 24Litre Napier Railton from 1937

ps: Ive just found out ground effect isnt destroyed by turbulence so im not against that staying

after taking few beers (before eating anything of course) I and my friend came to following rules package:
1. Maximum Engine displacement 1.5 liters
2. all chargers allowed (roots, super, turbo.)
3. Minimum power output: 1600 hp
4. no wings nor ground effect techniques allowed.
5. New wheels: Slicks allowed, but max widths are 70 mm at rear, 80 ar front. 2mmx1.5mm sized regular studs allowed in icy conditions.
6. One race per season at ice or snow.
7. No power steering, regular stick gears (no limit in max gears), no traction control and only anti lock brakes allowed that has been used in production car before 1968.
9. Rear wheel drive and rear suspension configuration must be swing axle design.

That should do the trick... :)

How do you expect a 1600bph car to stay on the ground? Cars will just turn into airplanes at the end of the straight.

Nappe: then you could as well change the description into "Go-kart 1" or something ;)

Also, what sort of charger do you imply with "super"? That's what they all do, super-charging the engine with air.

EDIT: oh, it seems like R. Schumacher will finally get kicked out of the Toyota team.

Well R. schumacher never performed anything even though he considers himself amongst the top 3 drivers. I wonder how he feels being to brother of Michael but not coming close to his performance. I couldnt be bother about Toyata, they spend such insane amounts of money that I actually wonder how they manage not to win even one race.

Ralf was always a turd, that's for sure. The comment was meant as "Finally...". (EDIT: in case you missed the rumors, he's gay despite playing a regular family guy in the public. I have it confirmed from my colleagues working there too. If indeed true, he's the lowest whimp ever for not coming out)

I know some guys working for Toyota and from what I gather, they have a steady flow of management and dev changes because they kick out lots of people after pretty much every failure. The only guys there being pretty much constant are the mechanics you see in the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back