EyePet

It may be true PSEye has "insufficient" install base in US.

I can also see why they want to delay it to build a proper momentum/movement behind the entire PS3 motion controller strategy. Releasing these games in isolation most likely will not make much impact. They have tried that approach with EyeToy.

Sucks when many kids are looking forward to the Christmas present.

It may be true PSEye has "insufficient" install base in US.
That is hardly the case as the camera is bundled in one of the Eyepet SKUs, still for the price of a normal game at least here in Europe.

I´d say it is the install base of PS3s among casual gamers that is still lacking in the US, but you may also be right that they see benefits of marketing this game together with motion controller, it probably appeals to the same demographics.

How do you like it ?

Eurogamer gave it a 6/10, citing a shallow game play. Then again, it's not the first time they scored kid's game low.

Would be interesting to see what SCEA will do to the game.

Such cruelty! I think I'll get this just to see how my kid reacts, but I'm slightly worried he'll continuously try to get to it and break the TV.

Decided to order it immediately, as it's only 20 euro on Play.com. May take a while before I have it though. ;)

So who has this? I do.

I wrote a feature on it called "Why there was nothing 'natural' about my EyePet's death"

Tis a take off of Jan Moir's Stephen Gately article =D

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/features/games/e/eyepet/why-there-was-nothing-natural-about-my-eyepet-s-death-$1335140.htm

Heh, I wonder what Sony will add after the delay. It's probably a safe bet to replace the Magic Card with the wand.

Can you keep more than one pet ? I am thinking of killing mine, and letting my kid's live for obvious reason.

Hopefully they improve the playability of casual titles like this. The mini-games need to be fun for non-gamers. They will notice "not-fun" games more readily than ugly graphics... like within minutes.

Heh, I wonder what Sony will add after the delay. It's probably a safe bet to replace the Magic Card with the wand.

Can you keep more than one pet ? I am thinking of killing mine, and letting my kid's live for obvious reason.

Hopefully they improve the playability of casual titles like this. The mini-games need to be fun for non-gamers. They will notice "not-fun" games more readily than ugly graphics... like within minutes.

Or they just don`t have enough PS Eye cameras to supply EyePet bundle in entire US. I see this in EU, they were sold out immediately after release.

And yes, you can keep more than one pet.

Oh, and here`s my 'work in progress' Christmas design
pet5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

"and letting my kid's live for obvious reason." I read that without the apostrophe at first..."How gracious of you" I thought.

Or they just don`t have enough PS Eye cameras to supply EyePet bundle in entire US. I see this in EU, they were sold out immediately after release.

And yes, you can keep more than one pet.

Oh, and here`s my 'work in progress' Christmas design
pet5.jpg

I've seen some Eyepet-camera bundles in Sweden, so I don't think they are totally sold out. Also, there has been zero advertising here...

EyeToy patch:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/11/27/eyepet-patch-now-available/

This update is free and is all about sharing your special video moments with other EyePet owners. It’s a great opportunity to be creative and show off! You can also view and rate videos made by other players. All of these options can be found in the ‘EyePet Online’ option on the Main Menu.

We’ve also fixed some of the problems reported on the forum. This includes the problem that some users have had with a grey box appearing instead of the professor when collecting a secret prize. We’ve made it easier to remove flowers in the garden so there’s less tapping required! Finally your EyePet will be able to hear you properly regardless of your PlayStation Eye microphone settings. You may notice some other small improvements here and there too!

Take your time for the US release. Surprise me with more depth please !

Any way to add the functionality to XMB ?

Im thinking about buying this game...but I am on the fence: I know that it is an absolute kids game and that I play the game for 10 min max or so, but I am just curious about the tech?!

Can someone tell me please if the tech is worth it? Does the interaction works as advertised and is it astounding to see the little pet moving and reacting?

Well, I have only 1.5m floor space in front of the TV, and that made this game a bit uncomfortable. I have to say that as I payed 20 euros for it (on play.com) the tech is worth it, but all the time I was playing it I couldn't help but think how much better this would be with the new motion controller / wand.

Back