Exclusive GTA IV content for PS3 too

Angelcurio

Regular
Exclusive GTA IV content for PS3 too

17/10/06 13:41

Microsoft could barely contain its glee at being able to confirm exclusive downloadable content for next year's Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV - but PS3 fans need not fear, as it seems the Sony release is also firmly in line to receive its very own dazzling additions.

According to a source close to Rockstar North, the team is working on exclusive supplemental content for both systems, which will be made available for download via Microsoft and Sony's respective online services after the game's release next year.

We're told to expect much the same deal on PS3, except unique to the platform. Interestingly, the downloadable content, our source maintains, will take the form of brand new areas which will link into the main GTAIV game world.

Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68768

If this is indeed true, i will start taking everything that Peter Moore says with a huge overdose of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is indeed true, i will start taking everything that Peter Moore says with a huge overdose of salt.

I thought we all take what he says with a huge overdose of salt. :LOL: Not that hes a bad guy or anything, hes just doin his job (better than some sony reps I might add), but he doesnt like to explain the full story when he announces things some times. ;)

Anyways, thats not quite the topic at hand. Thanks for the news, GTA4 should be a blast...I have faith in rockstar.

It wouldn't surprise me due to economics (R* will want to sell on Sony's download service to), and given the football fiasco, that whole Moore speech was a little dubious anyway!

how does this negate what Peter Moore say? he only said that x360 will get exclusive content. which it will.

Ah come on, you.. me and everybody else interpreted what he said as the 360 getting more than the PS3 version. If the PS3 were getting exclusive content as well, it would have never been such a big deal at the time. I'm sure you could agree with that. I'm not saying that he had to announce ps3 exclusive content at the same time, thats crazy. It's just misleading, thats all...just like the soccer fiasco. But thats another story. ;)

Ah come on, you.. me and everybody else interpreted what he said as the 360 getting more than the PS3 version. If the PS3 were getting exclusive content as well, it would have never been such a big deal at the time.

#1. You can't hold someone else responsible for the way you chose to interpret things. I don't hold Ubisoft or Sony reps responsible for Sony fans thinking AC was a PS3 exclusive.

#2. Nobody knows IF this is even true, and IF it is, what the content is. The PS3 may get exclusive content that is somewhat less than the full episodes that the 360 will be getting. It may get more than the 360.

Fact is, all we know for certain is that it's rumored to get something.

And how you interpret that is entirely up to you.

Ah come on, you.. me and everybody else interpreted what he said as the 360 getting more than the PS3 version.

so he is supposed to announce the content coming for PS3? does he work for Sony? he made the announcement that microsoft was getting exclusive content.. thats going to happen.

This is going off topic, but ill bite. :LOL:
#1. You can't hold someone else responsible for the way you chose to interpret things. I don't hold Ubisoft or Sony reps responsible for Sony fans thinking AC was a PS3 exclusive.
Wasnt there people on this forum who thought sony paid ubisoft to keep quiet? It wasnt just I who interpreted this GTA stuff as 360 = better version, it was many respectable news sites as well...not to mention some members on this very forum. But now it may seem they are on a equal plane atleast until some more specific announcements are made.

#2. Nobody knows IF this is even true, and IF it is, what the content is. The PS3 may get exclusive content that is somewhat less than the full episodes that the 360 will be getting. It may get more than the 360.
true, but for the content itself ...according to pipo 'it was a given'. we are just getting news about this though.

It's Sony who decided not to talk about GTA at all.

Or was it rockstar?

This is going off topic, but ill bite. :LOL:
Wasnt there people on this forum who thought sony paid ubisoft to keep quiet? It wasnt just I who interpreted this GTA stuff as 360 = better version, it was many respectable news sites as well...not to mention some members on this very forum. But now it may seem they are on a equal plane atleast until some more specific announcements are made.

There were lots of people making all sorts of assumptions.

For instance, I assumed that since AC was announced and shown at X05 that it would be coming to the 360, regardless of Sony's announcements.

I think much of the same applies here. People are making assumptions with nothing more to go on than a rumor. Right now we are assuming that this rumor is true. Most are assuming that the content in question will be episodic. Seems like a safe assumption, but it's still just an assumption.

There were lots of people making all sorts of assumptions.
I can agree with that. This is very similar to the AC case, just because it wasnt announced, doesnt mean it wasnt there. But I think we can safely say some people like to take those assumptions and run with them (including gaming websites if thats the case).

I can agree with that. This is very similar to the AC case, just because it wasnt announced, doesnt mean it wasnt there. But I think we can safely say some people like to take those assumptions and run with them (including gaming websites if thats the case).

Like Jesse Owens

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, if they make a warthog for the 360 version, I'm in. ;) (I'd rather the exclusive content be something that's recognizable for that system, like the Soul Cal II characters versus some... random missions or objects ala F.E.A.R.)

Back