Episode 3 workprint leaked.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Just found out there is a real work print of Episode 3 that is out in the wild.

Don't PM me about it please, I ain't giving it out to anyone and I don't think I'll be downloading it...just wanted to let y'all know.

Captain Chickenpants said:
jvd said:
It was leaked on purpose . They are tracking it .
Really?
I could easily see someone trying to argue that if they released it deliberately then it must be legal to download.

CC

even better...i dont need to bother sending my adress 8)

I don't think anyone should be THIS desperate. I mean, the movie premieres any day now, and in theatres the quality is like 150 times better than some friggin lame xvid or whatever.

So it costs some money for a ticket, so what. It's goddamn Star Wars, the last one that'll ever be made! (For a whole bunch of years anyway! :LOL:) It's worth spending some money at a time like this.

Guden Oden said:
I don't think anyone should be THIS desperate. I mean, the movie premieres any day now, and in theatres the quality is like 150 times better than some friggin lame xvid or whatever.

So it costs some money for a ticket, so what. It's goddamn Star Wars, the last one that'll ever be made! (For a whole bunch of years anyway! :LOL:) It's worth spending some money at a time like this.

according to BT client i use over 6000 people are THAT desperate right now. ;)

Unfortunate Mr Lucas didn't feel this sentiment in regards to the script.

I'm guessing you haven't seen this one yet, because it is awesome (both story and looks/execution of story). What eps 1 and 2 lacked in script qualtiy, this one has got in bucketloads!

There's been a couple of stills posted, and it's got a massive timecode across the top third of the screen. Why would anyone be so desperate to see it that they would watch a ruined version and spoil the whole experience?

If you're that desperate, spend a little cash, gather a few friends and go an enjoy it with a lively Saturday night audience and a big pot of popcorn. Make an enjoyable evening out of it, don't watch a crappy screener or a telesync with half the screen obscured.

Padman said:
I'm guessing you haven't seen this one yet, because it is awesome (both story and looks/execution of story). What eps 1 and 2 lacked in script qualtiy, this one has got in bucketloads!

You would be guessing right.

All the reviews I've read have said its the same old same old, and I got much the same message from a freind of a friend who saw it opening night (You know, the kind of nutter who dresses in a wookie costume to see a film :oops: )

I think if George stuck to what he does best and hired some professionals to handle the scripting the Star Wars franchise would be a much more compelling series. It's unfortunate that for every Darth Maul we are also subjected to a Jar Jar Binks.

Shogun said:
It's unfortunate that for every Darth Maul we are also subjected to a Jar Jar Binks.

So true, you have 2 extremes here, 1 of the coolest characters in the star wars universe Darth Maul, and then you have 1 of the lamest characters ever, that was meant to appeal to kids jar jar binks! I don't completely understand why it was deemed necessary to include jar jar binks, and I can only assume it was so the film appealed to a larger demographic, stabbing avid fans in the back at the same time.

I think Jar-Jar Binks (and the Ewoks before him) illustrates where Lucas went wrong with the prequels. Instead of trying to tell a great, exciting tale, he was more worried about making a product that would sell to everyone, developing his special effect technology to top his last movie and amaze people more than ever.

In doing so, Lucas just seems to have overthought all the stuff around the core story, and so the movies have suffered from weak characters, poor dialogue, iffy direction that gave us acting well below the skills of the actors.

I saw an interview with Lucas where he just shrugged his shoulders and said "half the people will hate it, and half will love it, same as always". I guess that's how he's come to terms with his inability to match his initial success twenty years on with more technology than ever - he just doesn't care as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Back