Alienware Ultrawide OLED on sale £660 on Amazon.

for those without an ultrawide monitor, CRU is your friend.

A 4K TV I have has native 32:9 support (3840x1080), but it's meant for PC mode and thus some options in the settings menu aren't available in PC mode.

However, with CRU you can create the same resolution 3840x1080 and have options to set the TV image to Movie, Natural, etc etc.

Additionally, I created a 32:9 resolution for my native 1440p 165Hz monitor, 2560x720. For some games I'd wholeheartedly recommend 32:9 resolutions.

I'm 3.5 months into ownership now and no problems with burn in or any other problems.

Some slight coil whine from the back of the monitor on occasion but aside from that it's been perfect.

I've since had a new desk and have a lot more space now which is good.

I'm actually looking at getting a cheap steering wheel and pedals to give that a go.

I'm still not 100% happy with YouTube videos and other content not filling the screen properly.

And its OLED care function is also far from perfect and is a step down from LG's in terms of automation.

Some games

Doom BFG Edition

IMG20240301000732.jpg

Days Gone

IMG20240114002959.jpg

I'm still not 100% happy with YouTube videos and other content not filling the screen properly.
What does that have to do with the monitor? Or are you just griping about content uploaders not creating their videos correctly for 21:9?

What does that have to do with the monitor? Or are you just griping about content uploaders not creating their videos correctly for 21:9?

I'm just saying I'm not happy that videos don't fill the whole screen.

So no need for the aggressive reply.

I don't think they'll drop below that price to be honest.

There's been a big influx of affordable mini-LED monitors with FALD over the last few months and I think they will occupy the £200-500/600 price point and then OLED will always be £600+

Last edited:
I don't think they'll drop below that price to be honest.

There's been a big influx of affordable mini-LED monitors with FALD over the last few months and I think these will occupy the £200-500/600 price point and then OLED will always be £600+

My hope is that we'll see 360hz and 480hz oleds and as they came out they'll drive the price of 240hz oleds down. I'm hoping they'll still make 240hz oleds with new panel generations. You could be right though. They may just axe 240hz oled gaming monitors and just keep pushing the top end.

Back