• XB1: >18 million

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Wii U: >18 million

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
I tried to be realistic as possible with the poll, given the systems current numbers.

Anyhow, I wanted to see what type of expectations or thoughts board members have about the year-end numbers (sold through to customers).

I take it 14 - 15 million == 14 - 15.999 million? Otherwise rounding near the threshold values means something like 15.8 million comes under two bands.

I guess this means calender year 2014 and not fiscal year.

I think Nintendo will miss it's 3.6 million Wii U unit target by march 2015, thus they miss end of year 2014 too. Total units sold might be something like 8.75 million by then.

Xbone will probably miss 10 million mark too. Let's say something like 9.25 million because of good holiday lineup.

Sony has best sales but I expect 'em not to hit record holiday sales. Let's say 14.5 million.

I think the PS4 will be between 16-16.5M. XB1 is harder to guess since we haven't received any numbers in a long time. But I would guess that it will be ~8M.

As of now, PS4 is probably between 11.5-12M and XB1 is probably between 5.5-6M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, the mods can correct the polls if need be, or add another option. I just did the simple between this-and-this number setup. Example, Wii U could sell between 11 or 13 million units by year's end. Wasn't trying to be anal about it...

Hey, the mods can correct the polls if need be, or add another option. I just did the simple between this-and-this number setup. Example, Wii U could sell between 11 or 13 million units by year's end. Wasn't trying to be anal about it...

You should know by now that everyone here is pro anal.

I think console sales will be the least of my worries if the "End of the World" is near. :)

Tommy McClain

I would say that the PS4 will be around 15 - 18 million after the holidays. It's a good chance that it's above 12 million right now.

PS4 had already passed 10 million in early August, so it may have passed 13 million already.

Seeing how the PS4 has been outselling the XBone for 2:1 or more in most markets, I'd say it's more likeable for the PS4 to pass the 18M than the Xbone to go over 10M.

If the rumors are true, MS offers the core sku at $299 and the Kinect sku at $399, around Black Friday... then I can picture XB1 around 9 million by year's end. No serious price cuts, I say under 8 million.

For those who believe XB1 is currently at 6 million units sold (sold through to customers).... it leaves MS 2 months and 2 weeks to sale 4 million units worlwide by year's end. Thats a lot of units to push within a short span...

Well, if MS made their console the cheap route into next gen then it would suddenly be a lot more tempting to me, and I think this is the angle MS needs to go for.

XB1 large price cut (maybe $299 base) will have a good impact in USA : 10 million
PS4 continued momentum, LBP3 for xmas, possible $50 price cut : 17 million
WiiU comes out with Super Smash Bros, finally it's here : 1000000 million

Come on Nintendo, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

If the rumors are true, MS offers the core sku at $299 and the Kinect sku at $399, around Black Friday... then I can picture XB1 around 9 million by year's end. No serious price cuts, I say under 8 million.

For those who believe XB1 is currently at 6 million units sold (sold through to customers).... it leaves MS 2 months and 2 weeks to sale 4 million units worlwide by year's end. Thats a lot of units to push within a short span...

Well, if MS made their console the cheap route into next gen then it would suddenly be a lot more tempting to me, and I think this is the angle MS needs to go for.

Xbox One has actually been around the $299 price point for people who would have bought the games that have come free with the system.

I'd have bought the Bone for $299.

Haven't seen it anywhere for that. I know I'll get one eventually, but it does kind of suck to pay lots of money for something with a shit CPU, especially if it doesn't have Kinect/motion gaming.

Here's hoping they drop the price!

Back