E3 2k4: the Thread* (Misc gaming related)

*DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOL* again,

but can i say, apart from the all too obvious AA on the screenies, is KH2 pushing a lot of polygons or am i seeing too many rounded surfaces everywhere! I cant see ANY sharp polygon edges anywhere apart from on Sora's hair, which is spiky by nature.................

All other surfaces are beautifully rounded...

Why can't FF12 look this god? *ducks*

"High rez" pics of PSP and Games

PSP-1.jpg

PSP-3.jpg

WS000036.jpg

PSP-4.jpg

PSP-5.jpg

PSP-6.jpg

Edit: few pics of Powerpoints prez about PS3.

WS000065.jpg

WS000064.jpg

WS000067.jpg

WS000066.jpg

They put Stuart little on this... So now we know what the trolls "anti-PS3" are going to say for the next 5 years... :LOL:

Cool, I am looking forward to seeing some "good" pictures of the unit and its games.

I am just wondering if it's bigger than the DS or as big as the DS?

Here's a list of the PSP titles presented!

Frogger PSP,
RPG Looking like Tales of
Ape Escape
WipEout
Armored Core
Metal Gear Solid NEW
Formula One
ATV Offroad
NHL
Spider-Man 2
Medievil New
Le Monde des Bleus (This is football) soccer
Twisted Metal
Dynasty Warriors
Gran Turismo 4 : Mobile (looking amazing)
Vampire Savior
Ridge Racer
Tony Hawk
Puyo Pop Fever
NFL Street
NBA Street
Tiger Woods
Need For Speed Underground

And few others!!!

edit: i edited the post for all the 14' monitors outthere. :D

Apparently from the makers of the game Seaman:
In Odama, players fire a giant pinball known as -- conveniently enough -- the Odama around a real-time strategy-like environment set to the backdrop of ancient Japan. Giant-sized flippers help direct the ball through the environment as it crashes over enemy battalions and into troop barracks. But Odama-ists will have to be careful not to crush their own troops underneath the giant weight of the rolling pinball. Gamers will be challenged to collect prisoners of war, who will -- once captured -- become allies. Allied troops will, according to the press sheet on the game, do their best to dam rivers, liberate extra flippers and clear the way to the enemy's gate.
Quirky ideas are great when they're this charming!

Why can't FF12 look this god? *ducks*

You really gotta see FFXII in motion to really appreciate it... It's vastly improved over FFX... Even using the new animation core (that I worked on ages ago)... :p

Zelda looks amazing. If only there were more exlcusive decent cube games I wanted :~ I've never a Nin system (except for GBA) since during their lifetimes they've not had enough games that I couldn't live without or get elsewhere. But some of the games are just AMAZING.

Quality v Quantity and all that. Gah!

So i guess the "realtime" Zelda demo showed at pre-lauch is not really how the game would look like if it weren't cellshaded. So much for "realtime demos" huh....

FF12 is using a different animation core?? Count me in!

PSP looks freaking amazing, shame i dont have that much money to give to Sony.

Well here's my rundown of the show thus far.

MS:

I think they had the best presentation over all partyly the way it was conducted, and partyly because they showed the lot's of first and 3rd party games. Online and offline. Some games we already knew were coming with a few suprises, but overall it comes down to the software, both first and third party titles along with EA on live to good support from third parties. Also they mentioned reaching 1 million subscribers for xbox live, and that was a important milestone to reach, but it all comes down to the games and 3rd party support.

Nintendo:

I think thier presentation was 100% better than last year. They showed a few more games, annouced the DS. I didn't really care to the start of thier show where all they did was boast about thier sales in the last three months of the year (leaving out the first few month sof this year). They should have been showing games for the gamecube instead of talking about stats all sorts of stats. Nintendo also had one big suprise title and that was a new mature looking Zelda. That' looks cool, but I don't think they should win the presentation wars with one game, and they still have a lac of 3rd party support which hurts the system. I don't think this year is any different when it comes to 3rd parties and nintendo.

The DS looks interesting, but grapically I don't think it compares to the PSP. It does look like it's possible to do somehting interesting with the dual screen, and it's price point is looking fine. The only reason I didn't give them winner of the show was because they didn't show enough software for the gamecube. They like MS showed many titles we already knew about (with the exception being zelda). The rumors of a real online system with the gamecube didn't seem to happen, and nintendo didn't really have any new characters or franchises to show off, they as usual built off exsisting franchises in a way only they can.

Sony:

I think sony had a good show, they showed lot's of titles, but nothing we didn't know was coming. The PSP was cool and graphically I think it's a good portable, but from what I'm hearing on price and battery life (2.5 hours?? with video??) I really can't see it panning out. Unless it's very cheap I won't be getting one. It's a shame though becuase graphically it whoops the DS heavily. PSP will win out in the software area as Sony will have far more 3rd party support than nintendo with the DS. Sony didn't have any big online annoucements from what I saw, but they were pretty even with thier conference last year and they will always have lot's of first and thrid party titles for PS2. I do find it interesting how they started talking about Cell, and MS didn't mention anything yet regarding Xbox 2...

london-boy said:
So i guess the "realtime" Zelda demo showed at pre-lauch is not really how the game would look like if it weren't cellshaded. So much for "realtime demos" huh....

FF12 is using a different animation core?? Count me in!

PSP looks freaking amazing, shame i dont have that much money to give to Sony.

From what I've seen so far, FF12 has pretty good animation and is far far better than the robots in FF X and FF X-2.

Back