Clash of the Titans (1st Party 10+ million selling franchises)

Did halo fade or did xbox ? Halo 3 was the pinnacle but it was also released on the most successful xbox console.

When was Halo on other consoles? How would you expect it to fade when it's only every been on the one console? Bungle/Microsoft dabbled with Windows and Mac ports, but inconsistently until recently (MCC).

Did halo fade or did xbox ? Halo 3 was the pinnacle but it was also released on the most successful xbox console.
It started fading on the 360 when the sequels came. It started with Reach and 4

360 was lucky because of the PS3 bad start and 360 exclusive games benefited from that

Halo's decline coincided with the rise of Call of Duty.

Market conditions are probably more important than a games exclusivity. Titanfall was a relevant launch title for Xbox One. Titanfall 2 was an irrelevant multiplatform release. Or look at the modern Tomb Raider trilogy. Tomb Raider was multiplatform, and relevant. Rise was a timed exclusive, and not as relevant. Shadow was multiplatform, and might have been even less relevant.

Halo's decline coincided with the rise of Call of Duty.

This will play a part. I think it distinctly likely that the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout games will be on PlayStation, but let's assume they are not. Other studios will step up to fill the RPG void because markets abhor (and will milk) any type of vacuum. These new RPGs may be better than what Bethesda produces. You can go more nuts with software projects when you have a larger base to sell too because you can recover costs faster and more assuredly.

MS has 3 of their biggest hitters coming soon - Halo, Forza H, and Age of Empires. It'll be interesting to see if they drive GamePass adoption and XSS sales. XSX sales will likely be supply limited this Christmas.

MS has 3 of their biggest hitters coming soon - Halo, Forza H, and Age of Empires. It'll be interesting to see if they drive GamePass adoption and XSS sales. XSX sales will likely be supply limited this Christmas.

I wouldn't yet say that AoE is a big hitter just yet. RTS is a relatively niche gaming genre (even more niche than racing games) at the moment and the last new AoE was released back in 2005 to lukewarm reception.

I'm personally extremely excited for the new AoE, but I'm not sure it will have enough mass appeal to become a "big hitter".

Regards,
SB

I wouldn't yet say that AoE is a big hitter just yet. RTS is a relatively niche gaming genre (even more niche than racing games) at the moment and the last new AoE was released back in 2005 to lukewarm reception.

I'm personally extremely excited for the new AoE, but I'm not sure it will have enough mass appeal to become a "big hitter".

Regards,
SB
Everything seems to happen in cycles :)
Flight simulator and AOEV would be a fantastic to come back into the market and I hope do not stay niche

Everything seems to happen in cycles :)
Flight simulator and AOEV would be a fantastic to come back into the market and I hope do not stay niche
I remember when AoE was a big hitter in the RTS genre but I think it will struggle to have much penetration in an industry dominated by well-evolved and constantly developed games like Civ, Crusader Kings, Anno, Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, and Total War.

I'm keeping my eye on it because I liked AoE II but nothing I've seen looks as though it's doing anything new or fresh. I can't see it pulling gamers from their existing RTS fixes but via GamePass it may well get some new people into RTS games.

Back